Villain's league (IC)

Started by Miaka, June 26, 2007, 10:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

"Call me Liz," he said, bowing a little, a pleasant expression on his face now that Sheridanna was smiling normally. "And i have to agree with Sebastian. What do you need all the soldiers for?" Couldn't hurt to ask, but I doubt she'll answer. Best not press it much further than that.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Arcalane

"Let's just say I have my fair share of people who want me dead." She smirks. "I maintain a healthy level of paranoia, whilst they turn anyone who threatens me into swiss cheese. I designed and tested the rifles myself. The microexplosive projectiles pack quite a punch." She does the grin-with-teeth again.

Boog

Anastasia laughed pleasantly at Dile Lass' comment and found a seat to collapse into. Alright, done socializing. Now, perhaps we can see a bit less of him expecting us to act like grade schoolers and a bit more of him telling us why we're here. She turned her attention back to their employer.

lucas marcone

Dile lass looked to the employer. "Ummm....mister big shadowy mesterious man are we done talking like school kids or do you maybe think we can ummmm......"

"She wants to get our asses in gear." Croc said in a matter of fact fashion.

e_voyager

Rue noticed that everyone was looking toward a certain person from time to time and decided that that person  either  A . was the one who called this meeting or B. was out of place but respected enough not to be challenged unit the time came. either way it was something to keep his eye's open for.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

nikename2

In frustration Daemon picked up his helmet and looked down to the shadowy figure at the otherside of the table. "With all honesty, Croc is right the time of exchanging pleasantries is well over with. You will tell us why we are here, and you will do it now.", Daemon coldly uttered to the figure. Like everyone else he assumed, Daemon was tired of waiting. He wanted to know why he had to take time out of his day for this charade. Clearly the time wasted could have been spent better then this. Daemon then donned his helmet once more, got out of his seat, and pulled out the weapon sheathed on his back. A pitch black weapon, it was as if the space it occupied was a void, the blade itself nearly as long as Daemon and about a third as wide. Even though the weapon seemed to assume a complete shadow, the blade had a dim white radiance around it, a kin to the color of Daemon's dark eyes.

He directed his zweihandler towards the dark figure and spoke once more, "If the whole point of all of this was to find purpose for yourself, I'll be happy to end your suffering on the edge of my blade."
"This charade has gone on long enough. The time to act is now, the next move is yours.", thought Daemon. If nothing would get done now, then nothing ever will. He was ready to fight his way out of here if necessary.

lucas marcone

Even Croc knew better than to threaten someone he knew nothing about. He stood up and in an effort to save the knight a lot of hassle he wrapped his large hand around his helmet and cleanly pulled it off as he shoved BK into his seat. Croc said "If you know whats good for you you will be nice to the man WE KNOW NOTHING about, and who's building we are currently in, and who probably has precautions to ensure his safety. But I won't stop ya next time if ya do." Croc sat down in his original seat calmly.

e_voyager

Rue slowly eased the grip on his Arc edge special. he'd been worried that a small scale war was about to erupt but not it seemed that Croc had headed it off for now. but at what cost? the daemon did not look like the forgiving kind even if he took the heavy handed advice.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

nikename2

Daemon was surprised by Croc's actions. Of all the people in the room who would try to quell Daemon's apparent fervor he didn't expect it from him. Daemon grinned at Croc and quietly explained his reasoning to him and the others listening, "Yes we may know next to nothing about this guy, but here's the thing. He isn't doing anything! We could end up staying here for eternity at the rate we're going at the moment! And while I have no problem waiting that long in your interest and the interests of the other here it would be best to speed things up. Now I'll admit I may have been a bit brash, but I am tired of waiting. As are the rest of you I am sure."

Daemon could here a pious muffled laughter coming from the shadowy host as he made his statement to the others. "These people are fools. Of all the things this pointless meeting was called for one thing is very apparent. This man seeks to control us. I'll bet right now we look like children to him."

The shadowy man then spoke with a small chuckle of amusement in his tone, "Now now! Croc is correct there is no need for unwanted violence here. Not when I am providing this offer of promise to all of you. Relax my friend! Don't worry all will be made clear."

lucas marcone

"Daemon you saw how many floors this building has. How much money does a building like this take to build? Are you willing to take the chance that any number of those floors hold loyal to the death minions?" Croc said in the characteristic hiss his kind makes. "Croc calm down!" Dile Lass chimed in "If he wants to die so badly let him." Dile Lass's voice started to show her true unsure about herself colors.

nikename2

Daemon got up again and grabbed his helmet, he seemed ready to leave. As he did that though the shadowy figure spoke up again, "Perhaps you need some air yes?" As he said that a robotic guardsman came up to Daemon. "Go ahead, make yourself at home. We're all friends here now aren't we? He will show you around don't worry!"

Daemon didn't know whether to trust the man or not. This could have been his own death warrant he was signing in making this decision, but he figured for now anything was better then staying in that room any longer. "Alright then pal. Perhaps he can show me where the bathroom is then.", Daemon said as he walked out of the room onto the elevator casually waving goodbye to his other would-be compatriots. The doors closed and the elevator began to move down further. After a few minutes it came to a stop. The doors didn't open though.

"Heh, this isn't the lavatory floor isn't it.", Daemon joked to the metallic belhop. The robot stood there cold and did not respond. "Didn't think so......"

Just as Daemon said that though the doors opened. Behind them Daemon saw a fiery landscape, a volcanic realm laid before his eyes. It was as if the doors to hell itself had opened before him. The robot then spoke up, "You'll find the lavatory approximately one hundred paces to the north and seven hundred paces to the east. Follow the path and you should arrive within an interval of ten minutes, don't worry the Master has sent special intructions to us. Make yourself at home sir Daemon." The robot then bowed and moved Daemon out of the elevator closing the doors behind him. Daemon quickly turned around, but to his surprise the doors had vanished and he was standing alone in an seemingly endless fiery plain, dotted with volcanoes and lava flows here and there. At his feet he saw a clearly defined steel path that seperated itself from the ash of his surroundings. He had no choice, but to follow the path to where ever it leads.

"Well this was a great idea.....hehe.", Daemon kidded with himself as he went along the path. More and more he began to get the feeling he wasn't on earth anymore.

Stygian

The suited figure shook his head and sat back, fingering the rim of his pocket idly as he slipped the notebook into it.
   'I don't see what could possibly be so terribly hard about telling us what to do here. However, if we must go on like this, interesting as it is, I'd much appreciate a drink or a cup of coffee,' he said sarcastically.

lucas marcone

"Got wiskey?" Croc says hopefully.

Miaka

"I apologize for taking so long, but yes, let's get started, shall we?"

Roulette finally sat down, fanged smile glued on her face, staring towards the shadow at the end of the room.

"Now... I'm sure you all know that I am in complete control of this area- but not much more. I want more land, more space, more people- to be able to continue all that I've been working on. However, I, myself lack the rescources to do this myself thus far, and require your help. Now, not too much more land is required- Europe will be quite sufficient. However, I want no resistance. Any threat to our enterprise must be taken down! And that leaves us with nor much that we aren't taking over." he paused for a moment to let this sink in.
"Now, what most of you will be doing is going through and creating chaos for the threats- make them turn a blind eye on the rest of the world, so I can move."

lucas marcone

"You mean blow shit up?" Croc said happily "Can do!" Dile Lass looked sort of puzzled. "How is this chaos supposed to enable you get get more land?" Croc snapped at her "Shhh! So long as we get paid who cares?!"

Stygian

There was a quick smile across the suited man's face, one that flashed a pair of fangs that were perhaps just a tad bit bigger than they should have been. It was very quick though, changing into a smirk as he talked.
   'Taken down. Got it. Though all of Europe...' he mused. 'Ive been asked to clear areas before, but that's a bit big. Still, if it's not too subtle a job, then I think I've got the firepower.'
   Slowly, he slipped a hand down and let his fingers rest on the lock to the briefcase. Good, he thought. Let them think that the real threat for now. And then I'll show them...

Angel

Liz had just headed back to his chair and sat down when the voice spoke up at last. Liz listened carefully to the mysterious employer's plan, going over details carefully in his mind. He slipped his jacket on and tapped his fingers on the table, thinking all the while.

Take over Europe... it had been tried before - multiple times, in fact - and hadn't worked. Even America, Europe's bratty, independent teenager, hadn't shunned its parent completely. And the plan sounded halfway familiar...When Dile Lass voiced her question, he was reminded of his world history classes, and the plan began to make sense.

"It's one of the basics of fascism...," Liz said, not looking anywhere in particular. "Come to power during a time of chaos. The difference is, the dictators were trying to get people to trust them as an end to the chaos. What we will be trying to accomplish is more like a diversion. While the gendarmerie, Scotland Yard, and Interpol are busy with most of us, the rest of us will be trying to overtake crime rings, businesses, governments, whatever source of power could stop us."

It wasn't completely foolproof, but if the right person was pulling the strings, it could work. "I'll help however I can," he stated. He guessed that assassinations would be the best distraction for Interpol, but something less quiet would be needed for smaller groups of law enforcers. "If all you need from me is to buy weaponry and bribe local police, that's no problem. But making weaponry would be more difficult - the ones I can make aren't very refined." Making a sheet of pure platinum was easy, but someone else would need to shape it into a gun.

That might not be a problem, though, with guys like Sebastian and Croc around. Liz was sure he'd seen a sizable pair of fangs on the former...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Stygian

'Sounds like a plan if you know the relations and the ropes from the start, yes,' Sebastian said. 'Sounds like a solid plan. But it also sounds like an affiliation with terror cells in all the area of interest. And if anyone catches sniff of the business... We don't want to attract attention. I'd say we should incapacitate two key points first; leaders, and informers.' He chuckled to himself. 'We'll scare both sides stiff and put a whole lot of good tools searching...'
   He slipped out a cigarette again, out of nowhere, and that lighter, then lit up and took a pull. 'Then we just heave them in, get rid of the lowbies and reap the... rewards,' he continued, with a pointed look toward the shady figure. 'But that's assuming you can do that too.'

Boog

"So, wait..." Anastasia raised an eyebrow, bemused, "Your plan is essentially 'go cause trouble while I take over Europe'?" she chuckled, "Well, at least it shouldn't be too difficult. Do you have a particular base of operations in mind? Any targets in particular we should avoid that we don't already know about?"

Miaka

"America should be going into chaos first." Roulette mused, her raspy voice only really audible if you were paying attention to it. One finger tapped at her lower lip.
"But not all at once. Act random- don't establish a pattern. Avoid trends in the method. Make the people suspecting seem crazy." She stopped her muttering here. Apparently insanity was one of the few things she could think rationally about. "Chaos in causing chaos." She said, this louder than the rest, but stopped her sudden seriousness and giggled. "Sounds like fun."

Arcalane

"Take out the infrastructure and everything falls to it's knees." Sheridanna smirks, then starts pondering. "I trust you gentlemen can handle the quieter details... I'll make sure my men cause plenty of noise."

Angel

Hearing Roulette speak up at last prompted more thoughts from Liz on what to do. If they were working in the US, things would be very different.

"Random murders would be the best distraction, but if it's too obvious, the police will start to notice, and if it's too simple, they'll pass the killer off as some random junkie." His expression was thoughtful, even though his eyes were still staring very hard at nothing at all. "It should be a big enough case to distract the FBI, but how do we keep more than a few people from becoming witnesses? Too many, and the police will be very cautious and might catch on to us. Too few, and the police won't bother listening to them, leaving them open to catch us anyway."

One could almost see Liz's brain working out details furiously. And then another problem struck him. "How do we keep aspiring vigilantes from tailing us? I mean, this is America we're talking about." A bored literary couple had cracked Zodiac's code, and despite the fact that comics weren't always accurate, there were plenty of people willing to take the law into their own hands. He shuddered all of a sudden, imagining himself avoiding a shower of bullets in Texas, or PTA members with pepper spray in New England.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Miaka

Roulette looked up at Liz , her grin widening ever-so-slightly. "Make the methods bizarre. The people doing them even more so." She shrugged. "Make any witnesses doubt what they saw. Make any evidence go to the tabloids." she let out a quiet hum, thinking. "But I'm willing to bet even tabloids is too much publicity for some of your tastes." Another shrug.

Boog

"I think I'm gonna LIKE this job," again, it was hard to tell when Anastasia grinned. It could be assumed, however, that underneath that collar she was displaying quite a few teeth, "I figure some of my creations have some shore leave coming to them, mebbe test my latest performance enhancers in the local prison water systems, bomb something..." she leaned forward, arms on her knees, "When do we start, Mr...?"

Miaka

"I'm willing to set as long as it takes as a time window, be it months, years, decades... however long it takes, I want success." The host's playful voice hardened here, to prove his point. "I'm willing to allow all of you as much of a window to start and finish. But first, can I assume that you all are interested, or shall I allow a time frame to think, or discuss with your employers, or...?"

Roulette's smile faded slightly, but that only lasted a moment. "You don't give me much of a choice." she said, for some reason, still bright.

nikename2

As the host finished his last comment the elevator doors in the room opened up. "Well I suppose the fact that I am still here means I'm interested, it sounds like it'll be alot of fun.... Nice bathroom by the way.", Daemon said with a grin on his face as he made his way back to his seat. He was covered with ash and parts of his armor have been shattered and his cloak singed. After witnessing what this host is capable of Daemon became convinced it would be best not to try and cross him......now. On his return trip via the elevator Daemon heard most of the important details of the plan this host had via the intercom, so he was up to speed.

"So, are there any other continents we should keep our eyes on at the moment or should we all focus on one at a time?", Daemon asked half-heartedly. 

Stygian

'We accept,' the suit said. His voice had suddenly turned just as hard, and his face was solid. 'Might be a bit of a challenge to avoid the authorities if we stay together though...'

Arcalane

"I'm my own employer; S.M.A.S.H is more a loose collective of people like me who watch each other's backs than an overarching organization." - which was blatant misdirection, S.M.A.S.H was far more powerful than it pretended to be.

Sheridanna grins and stands up, gesturing to one of her goons, who throws her his rifle. She catches it easily and quickly checks everything is in order, unloading and reloading the rifle, then checking again before throwing it back. The soldier catches it and returns to his previous stance. "But it's hard to resist such a generous offer, I must say. No holds barred assault on U.S. Infrastructure? Significant sized donations to my scientific advancement projects...?" She strikes up a bout of evil laughter, grinning again. "Plus whatever spoils of war my men can liberate from the governments..." She starts walking for the door, soldiers following.

"You already know my answer. Now, unless anyone has anything else to add... I have plans to make."

Angel

"I have no employer, but there is someone I need to.... well, protect," Liz explained. This was a complication he had hoped wouldn't come into play.

"If I accept, can you guarantee that she'll be left out of this?" He stared into the shadows, trying not to look or sound soft. Yes, it sounded like something a hero would say, but he was serious. He loved Crystal and didn't want to see her get hurt by something he had helped to start.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

nikename2

Daemon raised an eyebrow as he heard Liz' conditions, then he spoke up, "Well I can't speak for the rest of us, but I'll honor your request provided you show a picture of her and describe the location of her current residence."

"Oh yeah, if your providing unlimited financial aid for this endeavor. Would a couple billion's worth of diamonds and/or gold be too much to ask? I suppose I could always go rob a few banks, but this way would be much more subtle. Don't want to draw too much attention.", Daemon asked with slight embarassment. He knew it was a bit rude to ask so soon before Liz even agreed to completely be a part of the plan.