Trade Tower simulation.

Started by Alondro, June 20, 2007, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Hopefully this will silence some of the conspiracy theorists!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070620/ap_on_re_us/attacks_simulation

It's like I always expected.  The towers collapsed straight down because the stresses were all focused on the load-bearing core of the building.  The collapse followed the weakest point and basically imploded.  Once it started going down that way, gravity and the sheer mass of the falling structure prevented it from going any other way.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

bill

RJ

Didn't they make some documentary about this before or something?

Netrogo

Nothing silences conspiracy theorists. Their sole purpose in life is to think that something, or everything, is out to get them.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Kasarn

LIES! Here's the truth they don't want you to see

Wait... what was this thread about again?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kasarn on June 20, 2007, 09:22:38 AM
Wait... what this thread about again?

Placing bets on how long until the thread gets locked like the last one did?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Netrogo

Hopefully soon, random crap about the trade towers seriously needs to go away. It's done, it's over with, and it's already been abused for money by hollywood. Now let's all let the people who died there rest in peace and just give them our thoughts once a year or so.

Aridas

For god's sake, it's a bit late for them to be saying this stuff about what happened when they already said what happened years ago!

Fuyudenki

"the buildings collapsed under their own weight" well DUH!  Saying it looked like an intentional demolition is an insult to civil engineers.  Controlled demolitions are very clean, and the engineers take pride in having no debris hit any adjacent buildings, and they are very good at what they do.

Anyone with half a brain(which, reading this thread, clearly includes everyone here, I'm glad to say) could tell the disaster wasn't faked, just by looking at how messy it was.

superluser

Quote from: Netrogo on June 20, 2007, 09:27:57 AMNow let's all let the people who died there rest in peace and just give them our thoughts once a year or so.

No, I think we need fake commemorative coins!

My favorite is Loose Change, which, among other things, suggests that the ``hermetically sealed elevator shaft'' wouldn't have had enough oxygen to...whatever.  If those shafts were truly hermetically sealed to the extent that they were puncture-proof, they would still be standing today.

In addition, placing explosives under the roof would probably make the towers take longer to fall.

Stuff like this just makes me angry.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

I always wondered why every year they managed to have more silver from ground zero after selling all their coins each time.

Netrogo

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 20, 2007, 11:42:39 AM
I always wondered why every year they managed to have more silver from ground zero after selling all their coins each time.

Cuz it's bullshit that's why. They market that junk to the same idiots that Amber mocked with the whole Nascar painting bit (can't remember which comic but you know what I mean) If you say anything about 9/11, that Dale guy, or baby jesus, the same retards will always line up to throw money at you.

Arcalane

For the love of all that's unholy, let it die already.  :rolleyes

bill

Quote from: Netrogo on June 20, 2007, 11:46:49 AM

Cuz it's bullshit that's why. They market that junk to the same idiots that Amber mocked with the whole Nascar painting bit (can't remember which comic but you know what I mean) If you say anything about 9/11, that Dale guy, or baby jesus, the same retards will always line up to throw money at you.
Ah, yes, the only DMFA comic that has truly offended me.  :cry

Netrogo

Ohhh yeah, you like nascar don't you Bill >:3

Kenji

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 20, 2007, 12:09:44 PM
Quote from: Netrogo on June 20, 2007, 11:46:49 AM

Ah, yes, the only DMFA comic that has truly offended me.  :cry

We can try and fix that if you want. ^-^
Let's see... more Nascar jokes...

bill

Just don't make jokes about the Red Sox or the Pirates. That'd be a new low.  :<

rabid_fox

Tsk. They really should put an airport there. Now that would be a big "Eff you" to the people behind it.

Oh dear.

bill

Fuyudenki

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 20, 2007, 12:21:06 PM
Just don't make jokes about the Red Sox or the Pirates. That'd be a new low.  :<

does that mean we can make jokes about Red Sox and Pirates, as long as we include both?

oooh!  Jack Sparrow becomes a Nascar driver, who wears red racing socks!

Kenji

Well, I wouldn't make fun of the Sox because... c'mon... they named themselves after something you can't help but smile at. As for the Pirates, well, they do good enough as is just be being there.  :giggle

techmaster-glitch

oooh!  Jack Sparrow becomes a Nascar driver, who wears red racing socks!
:lol

bill

Quote from: Kenji on June 20, 2007, 12:26:34 PM

Well, I wouldn't make fun of the Sox because... c'mon... they named themselves after something you can't help but smile at. As for the Pirates, well, they do good enough as is just be being there.  :giggle
The Pirates get points for having a pitcher throw a no-hitter on LSD, though. Come on, tell me that isn't on the top 10 most awesome things ever to happen.

Kenji

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 20, 2007, 12:28:28 PM
Quote from: Kenji on June 20, 2007, 12:26:34 PM

The Pirates get points for having a pitcher throw a no-hitter on LSD, though. Come on, tell me that isn't on the top 10 most awesome things ever to happen.

Oh I have no clue about their stats. I was referring to the logo.  :raph

Fuyudenki

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 20, 2007, 12:23:25 PM
They should build something soon.

That's a joke, right?  That's got to be a joke.  That could have come right off SNL, with the Al-Queda guy's comments all having double-meanings!

more colors?
visible on a rainy day?
lots of people?
President's office on the highest of floors?
subway connection will be "very helpful?"

[edit]oh good, it's a joke.[/edit]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raist on June 20, 2007, 12:30:20 PM
That's a joke, right?  That's got to be a joke.  That could have come right off SNL, with the Al-Queda guy's comments all having double-meanings!

I haven't read it but the link goes to The Onion (America's Finest News Source).
This is the paper that gave a special on the creche in the Death Star, "Microsoft Patents Ones And Zeroes" and "Christ Converts To Islam".  So yes, it is a joke  >:3

**EDIT**
I didn't know they'd started doing newsreels.  Awesome!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 20, 2007, 11:42:39 AMI always wondered why every year they managed to have more silver from ground zero after selling all their coins each time.

Given that they claim that each coin contains 15 milligrams of silver, I suppose it is technically possible.  There's more than 15 milligrams of fat in a glass of fat-free milk.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Darkmoon

Nothing against anyone here, but we've all seen WTC related topics, and I for one want to avoid all the BS that generally comes from them.

teh locked.

:locked
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kenji on June 20, 2007, 12:19:54 PM
Let's see... more Nascar jokes...

"Having met a few NASCAR fans, I can see how, with them, a shiny car going round in circles -would- keep them happy all day..."

"You can make any jokes about NASCAR fans you want. If they start getting annoyed, you just turn right."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

I'll have you know that Nextel Cup's racing at Infineon this weekend, and will be making actual right turns. So there.