The newest collector's item! Toy recall!

Started by Alondro, June 15, 2007, 01:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

First it was Garbage Pal Kids, then it was the Crazy For You Bear, now a Thomas the Tank Engine set stands poised to become the next super-valuable collector's item in the coming year!

Here's why:  http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070614/hl_nm/toys_dc

All thsoe sets will likely as not be destroyed.  Meaning, unopened complete sets will soon be worth $$$$!

It happens with many recalled toys.  Those remaining quickly become elevated in price.  Go get em while ya can!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Feroluce

I heard about that recall last night on the radio, and lol'd. Imagine using lead paint on a childs toy... Someone mustn't have had their coffee that morning.

sadly all stores here have stopped selling the toy on their shelves, and everyone who has one has probably opened it. No moneymaking for me, at least. GL to anyone else!

Nikki

Quote from: Feroluce on June 15, 2007, 02:10:44 AM
I heard about that recall last night on the radio, and lol'd. Imagine using lead paint on a childs toy... Someone mustn't have had their coffee that morning.

sadly all stores here have stopped selling the toy on their shelves, and everyone who has one has probably opened it. No moneymaking for me, at least. GL to anyone else!
>3

*has those, unopened*

anyone wanna share a few bucks?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Feroluce

Sure! Im always open to making a few extra bucks.

oh, wait, Im still broke from the whole round the world trip I just did  :U

uhh, would you take an IOU?  :mowhappy

>.> *post-stalks Xze-xze*

Nikki

Quote from: Feroluce on June 15, 2007, 03:32:17 AM

=<

Darn stalkers...*whips out the flamethrower*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Feroluce

Quote from: Xze-Xze on June 15, 2007, 03:37:33 AM
Quote from: Feroluce on June 15, 2007, 03:32:17 AM

=<

Darn stalkers...*whips out the flamethrower*

Ack, flamethrower! my one weakness, how could you know?

*hides behind the unopened Thomas toys*

Strange side fact: I actually liked old Thomas when I was younger. I actually still have a record of all his stories somewhere (Yes, I mean an actual record. one of those old things. *gasp* )

Nikki

xHaZxMaTx

I still have one of the Thomas the Tank Engine videos.  In fact, it's right behind me on the video rack! :)

Nikki

my brother has the whole dang collection =w=

Feroluce

*pokes a tongue out from behind the toys* =D

I also still have an eggcup. o.o; I never use it tho, I hate eggs.

a cassette video? ^^ those are getting old too. I wonder if all this stuff is worth anything?

Kenji

.......... :U
Well..
This makes me selling so many Thomas toys last christmas... less fullfilling...

rabid_fox

I assume that Ringo is somehow to blame for this.

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

bill

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Arcalane

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

xHaZxMaTx

bill

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

bill

rabid_fox

Do you taste like soda bread, freshly baked, toasted with a slab of Coleraine cheese floating gently in the melted butter?

If so, I'd gobble you right up.

Oh dear.

bill

for god's sake, how many times do i have to say it
NO VORE

rabid_fox

Soda. Not vore. Soda. Unless this is another one of those moments where I have no idea what's going on.

Oh dear.

bill

rabid_fox

Unlike a lot of people, I have absolutely no problem admitting it. Somewhere between Cher and Elvis, me.

Oh dear.