I need some emotional support...[Update...He's doing Great!]

Started by Nikki, June 14, 2007, 12:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

I'm pretty sure some of you know that i have a new baby cousin. Born 1 month premature, Garret was doing fine up until yesterday.

Right now, the doctor-people are halting the surgery to try and drain the water in his head ( i think that's all it is) until he gets into a more stable condition. However, he seems to have gotten worse. he is not eating so he's been put on a feeding tube to see if that helps, be he is also not breathing well anymore so he will be put on oxygen.

I'm very worried right now, and i think the reason is because, in the short time he's been on this earth, i have become VERY attached to the little guy. I don't want to lose him and right now i think i might soon have an emotional breakdown. last time this happened, i almost killed myself. (not gonna tell you what happened, it's personal) and even though some of you might not be god-liking-people, i humbly ask that at least some of you keep Garret in your thoughts/prayers. I'm so very sorry to be bothering you for something like this, but i am very worried and i belive that as long as Garret has people thinking of him, he'll be ok.

Sorry for being a bother, but thank you in advance.

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Kenji

The joys of preemies... Well, I hope he does well. There's lots of procedures they make for people health. I just hope for your little buddy's sake that they work well for him.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

xHaZxMaTx

Not really sure what else to say besides I hope he gets better.  I'm sure he will, though, it's pretty amazing what medical science is capable of. :tighthug

I was two weeks premature, and I'm perfectly fine!  ...Right? :P

Nikki

superluser

I'll keep both him and you in my prayers.

I've got a cousin who had a baby much more premature than Garret, and a lot of the first few weeks were spent in the hospital more or less expecting that night to be the last with her.

She's a couple years old now, and very healthy.  So remember, there's good reason to hope that things will turn out well.

Hugs!  :hug

One for you and one for Garret.  :hug

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Eibborn

I hope for the best. I'll say a prayer when I go to bed (in roughly, uh, six minutes) for the kid. Maybe it'll help. I hope it does.

I hope you manage alright, Xze.
/kicks the internet over

llearch n'n'daCorna

FWIW, I was a month prem[1], and spent 3 weeks in an incubator.

I seem to have turned out ok[2], ish.

[1] Conslutant[3] wandered past and looked at m'mother, and said "you look about right, you'll be induced on monday."
[2] For various values of "ok"
[3] No, that's not a typo.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Blazehawk

I'll definitely keep the two of you in my prayers...  :hug

Zina

I wish your family the best. Hope things turn out ok.

RJ

;_; I'll keep your family in my prayers, Xze. I hope everything turns out okay.

Netrogo

The little guy's in my hopes for ya Xze.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

techmaster-glitch

My younger sister was born 7 months premature, she almost didn't make it, but she did. I know this hard for you now, and I offer my condolences and the assurance that unless something with Garret goes terribly wrong, he should pull through. Hang in there, Xze.

But if something does go wrong, you still shouldn't give up. Bad things happen all the time, weather you want them or not. That's just the way it is. The best thing you can do is take it, accept it, and move on. You have no idea how many times that has helped me over the years.

All that aside, have a hug. :hug  you need it. :)

Gareeku

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 14, 2007, 08:54:13 AM
My younger sister was born 7 months premature, she almost didn't make it, but she did.

7 months? You mean that she was born only 2 months after she was conceived? I have a hard time believing that. She still would have virtually been an embryo when she was born.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this terrible time, Xze.

Ryudo Lee

My brother in law was born premature too.  I feel for you Xze.  :hug

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Aridas

Quote from: Gareeku on June 14, 2007, 10:05:00 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 14, 2007, 08:54:13 AM
My younger sister was born 7 months premature, she almost didn't make it, but she did.

7 months? You mean that she was born only 2 months after she was conceived? I have a hard time believing that. She still would have virtually been an embryo when she was born.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this terrible time, Xze.
He has it the wrong way around I think. I'd have to believe he meant it had been 7 months before it happened, not 7 months behind the time it should have been.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Either that or 7 weeks prem, which is reasonable.

Earlier than about 2 months prem, and there's less than 5% chance of survival, if that. As I recall, anyway - although it keeps going up as the doctors learn new things.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Dont fear my dear! I seen this before as I said  :hug

Angel

I understand how worried you are. Both my brothers were premature and needed incubation. Today, though, Terry is my role model, my therapist, and my comedian, while Cole is growing up to be a creative and smart young man. I strongly believe your cousin will be all right. I hope you'll pull through this too, and I will keep you both in my prayers.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Jim Halisstrad

Metal Juggernaut

Poor lil guy...he's in my prayers. Don't worry about it i'm sure he'll pull through.

Nikki

I have Really bad news.

Apparently, Garret's heart isn't beating the way it should, so the doctors took a look and his heart is bad. he's gonna need a transplant and there's only a 20% chance he's gonna survive afterwards.

i'm so scared i don't know what to do...i know he's not my kid but....

xHaZxMaTx

I'm so sorry. :(  There's still a chance, though, just keep thinking positive. :)

Nikki

thank you, Haz...*snuggles*

and thank you everyone else...this means alot to me...

Damaris

Oh, honey.  I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Darkmoon also saw the thread, and wanted to post something supportive, but couldn't think of anything that wasn't horribly inappropriate.  He'll keep his fingers crossed for Garrett too, but figured he should let me tell you that.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Nikki

roninfoxtail

Arrg, I'm sorry to hear this horrible news. I wish you and Garret the best of luck, and I pray he'll live through this.

Nikki

techmaster-glitch

Oh yeah, back when I said 7 months.... Yeah I meant 7 weeks. Whoops.

But...the bad news... I really can't think of anything good to say about it, other than good luck...

Eibborn

Ah... I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope that things work out.

...I'll say another prayer, just in case it helps.
/kicks the internet over