06/09/07, Abel's Story #92, Didn't Go Exactly as Planned

Started by Sunblink, June 08, 2007, 11:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

Quote from: rabid_fox on June 09, 2007, 10:49:21 PM

I dread Abel's Story ending.
The question could be not only when will it end, but will it end.  After all, Abel's Story is merely a prequel to the main story line.  Abel's story will therefore continue in the main story line, with the possibility of back-stories being inserted from time to time to further complement the prequel.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Damaris

Okay, fine.  I'll say it the rude way.

We don't like know-it-alls.  So I'd work on that before Darkmoon catches you.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

kaskar

Quote from: Naldru on June 10, 2007, 12:20:54 AM

The question could be not only when will it end, but will it end.  After all, Abel's Story is merely a prequel to the main story line.  Abel's story will therefore continue in the main story line, with the possibility of back-stories being inserted from time to time to further complement the prequel.
;)

:rolleyes So is Abel's story eventually going to turn into one of those big flashbacks that everyone hates ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

RushFox

Quote from: kaskar on June 10, 2007, 03:48:24 AM

;)

:rolleyes So is Abel's story eventually going to turn into one of those big flashbacks that everyone hates ?

I don't think Abel's the "true" main character in that fashion(maybe in his story, but not DMFA as well).

He's an important one, but I don't see his story pulling a "Darth Vader" at any point. It'll probably end at SAIA, either when introduced to his first class, or when he meets Destania.

Also, for some reason when I read the first two panels, I always imagine Abel screaming "STOOOOOOL!!!" as a battlecry. Imagine it being similar to The Tick's "SPOOOOON!!!". There ya go, instant catch phrase! :giggle

Kamunt

Quote from: kaskar on June 10, 2007, 03:48:24 AM:rolleyes So is Abel's story eventually going to turn into one of those big flashbacks that everyone hates ?

Hey, I happen to enjoy those flashbacks very thoroughly, thank you very much.
:judges

Magic

Quoteis to get to Abel a less obnoxious teacher of the Cubi ways

Where's the fun in that? Fa'lina can do better than that, really.
Who better to teach the subject he loathes the most?

QuoteI dread Abel's Story ending.

Nonsense. He has more pain to feel.

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on June 09, 2007, 12:24:50 PM
Quote from: AnizInDisguise on June 09, 2007, 12:07:58 PM
Come on Abel! At least now you have two wooden stakes to stab him with! (No, I'm not suggesting Aniz is a vampire.)
You're encouraging him to stab you?

That wasn't the point of his post? For the irony?

QuoteWhen did he mention that? Did I miss something?

He might be implying it. He's likely conceding to the fact that he'd probably have to drag Abel, half beaten to death, by his ear, to SAIA. Still, I digress.

QuoteMy God, if I were hit by a freakin' stool I would've gone down crying like a baby.
(other posts about how unfeeling Aniz is)

Morph all pain receptors in your body into extra body tissue. You can still be cut and bleed, but be devoid of feeling. Internal damage (except perhaps chest compression at levels that can stop or liquefy the heart) can be temporarily repaired by shapeshifter regeneration and basic knowledge of your anatomy. (It will at least stop internal bleeding until you can get to a surgeon.)

QuoteThat'd require him making a mental note on the surface of his mind that he's going to hit him with a chair. Most people don't do that. When they're mad, they grab something, hit someone. They don't think about it.

Bzzzt. Wrong answer. Thank you for playing.

Two reasons.

Anger is a thought, even if it is subconscious. All emotions are still inside your brain and registers as thoughts, not some arbitrary properties of your soul, consciousness or what have you. Aniz gets to read that.

Hitting someone over the head with a chair because you hate that person and you did it because of provocation is still a subconscious act and consequently a thought and not a reflex. Automatism cannot be used as a defense to liability of state of mind here. That is why if Aniz was a normal being and was killed, Abel can be charged with voluntary manslaughter. Bottomline, Aniz still gets to read it as a thought and react accordingly.

Though, this is all garbage since it didn't hurt, at all.

QuoteSo is Abel's story eventually going to turn into one of those big flashbacks that everyone hates?

Possibly.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Turnsky

don't forget how old Abel is in the DMFA proper, that's a LOT of background history to cover. 600 or so years worth, infact.

i'd be worrying more about amber's attention span running out than the comic running out of story  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

kaskar

:mwaha 
Quote from: RushFox on June 10, 2007, 04:11:37 AM
I don't think Abel's the "true" main character in that fashion(maybe in his story, but not DMFA as well).

He's an important one, but I don't see his story pulling a "Darth Vader" at any point. It'll probably end at SAIA, either when introduced to his first class, or when he meets Destania.

Also, for some reason when I read the first two panels, I always imagine Abel screaming "STOOOOOOL!!!" as a battlecry. Imagine it being similar to The Tick's "SPOOOOON!!!". There ya go, instant catch phrase! :giggle

:mowhappy    Or should that be SPORK !!!

Manawolf

No, I'm sorry, you fail, the correct answer was spoon.  Keeps talking of utensils and I'll have to get out occam's razor again.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on June 10, 2007, 05:32:51 AM
don't forget how old Abel is in the DMFA proper, that's a LOT of background history to cover. 600 or so years worth, infact.
Well, he's just shy of 400 in the mainline, but yeah.  We've only covered about 25 of those years.

Quotei'd be worrying more about amber's attention span running out than the comic running out of story  :P
Perhaps.  It has occurred to me that the bulk of Abel's time in SAIA may consist of him learning things rather than actually interesting events, hence it may proceed relatively quickly.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 10, 2007, 06:37:41 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on June 10, 2007, 05:32:51 AM
Well, he's just shy of 400 in the mainline, but yeah.  We've only covered about 25 of those years.

Quotei'd be worrying more about amber's attention span running out than the comic running out of story  :P
Perhaps.  It has occurred to me that the bulk of Abel's time in SAIA may consist of him learning things rather than actually interesting events, hence it may proceed relatively quickly.

it'll be interesting to see him meet SAIA's doctor for the first time, however.. given the content of abel's story is more mature.. eheheh :P

Turnsky

kaskar

Is Abel's room to become a place of convenient flashbacks to the past. We have Kria in it, Aniz may show his head in the main series, and of course , We have heard of the saccherine voiced pink poodle, Fa'lina .Destina will probably turn up soon, as a tutor in suvival from Saia, and many, many others, seems the flashbacks might turn into an electrical storm ...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Turnsky on June 10, 2007, 06:39:55 AM

it'll be interesting to see him meet SAIA's doctor for the first time, however.. given the content of abel's story is more mature.. eheheh :P

Abel's Goth period would be interesting to see, and why it is so dangerous for a Cubi to get so depressed.  And oh Yes!, His first medical exam with Prof Ink that may be cover in this Abel's story..   Please :giggle

Oh when did I become such a fan-girl for Prof Ink...I will never know.

To Ink   :hug
PBH

GabrielsThoughts

questions: will able be hideously scarred?

Will aniz get the S[poo]T beaten out of him at some point, or with that be left up to the fans?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

thegayhare

as the stool broke Aniz decided that his son needs a spanking so he's gonna go japanise tentical monster on the boy...

Naldru

Quote from: kaskar on June 10, 2007, 07:11:26 AM

Is Abel's room to become a place of convenient flashbacks to the past. We have Kria in it, Aniz may show his head in the main series, and of course , We have heard of the saccherine voiced pink poodle, Fa'lina .Destina will probably turn up soon, as a tutor in suvival from Saia, and many, many others, seems the flashbacks might turn into an electrical storm ...
I'm waiting anxiously for information on the library incident at SAIA.
http://www.missmab.com/Cast/abel.php

My sister's a librarian and I wonder if I might have anything interesting to show her.

By the way, let me take this opportunity to apologize if my attitude has accidentally offended anybody.  I assure you that that was not my intention.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alan Garou

Beware the EmoWock, my son
The moping, the LSD
Beware its cruddy poems, and shun
it, lest it whine at thee.

Turnsky

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on June 10, 2007, 08:14:07 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on June 10, 2007, 06:39:55 AM

Abel's Goth period would be interesting to see, and why it is so dangerous for a Cubi to get so depressed.

perhaps since 'cubi can "feed" off emotions, etc. Perhaps a depressed 'cubi can feed off emotions to a point where there's nothing left of the person.

and never satiated.

kinda like the 'wendigo' (although references are hard to find), they're emo incarnate from what i remember, and like to feed off human flesh.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on June 10, 2007, 01:04:57 PM
perhaps since 'cubi can "feed" off emotions, etc. Perhaps a depressed 'cubi can feed off emotions to a point where there's nothing left of the person.

This is unclear but I think they're feeding off radiated excess emotions rather than actually taking anything from their prey/host/victim.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 10, 2007, 01:32:50 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on June 10, 2007, 01:04:57 PM

This is unclear but I think they're feeding off radiated excess emotions rather than actually taking anything from their prey/host/victim.

True enough, but, given a depressive state is a black pit of despair and sadness, perhaps that might work like the proverbial black hole? or something that works completely opposite?.. like an emo 'cubi exudes depression so much so that it affects everything around them, even the emotional states of other sentient beings.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Maybe it's just that they look cooler than Fa'Lina, and that makes her unhappy?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

Quote from: kaskar on June 10, 2007, 03:48:24 AM

;)

*Charline plays the emo Naruto music*  Abel's father killed his family, seeking to increase the power of his Sharingen...  :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 10, 2007, 01:32:50 PMThis is unclear but I think they're feeding off radiated excess emotions rather than actually taking anything from their prey/host/victim.

I seem to remember someone saying (read: I'm not sure if it were Amber) that they could forcibly drain emotions, but that they typically just feed off of radiated emotions, since forcibly draining emotions usually leaves the drainer at a net loss.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Azlan

Bah, what a discourse... The chair has no noticeable effect on Aniz because he is tough and Abel is not.  It appears to be one of those points where, like the older generations, where an abusive or heavy handed father is finally challenged by the son.  This appears to be shaping up to be a serious smack-down for Abel.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on June 10, 2007, 04:36:48 PM
I seem to remember someone saying (read: I'm not sure if it were Amber) that they could forcibly drain emotions, but that they typically just feed off of radiated emotions, since forcibly draining emotions usually leaves the drainer at a net loss.

Yeah, I think it was actually me who asked about it, because I've used that effect in my writings from time to time.  I was deliberately ignoring that in this case for some reason... probably because if it did actually damage the victim, it wouldn't be allowed to be done to other 'Cubi at SAIA.
I've always thought of that as being like mopping up a floor with a dripping pipe... if you force-drain someone's emotions, you've cleaned away the puddle but it eventually comes back.  It makes the effect good for stopping pain or wiping away someone's depression, which is what I've done it with it.  But we are digressing.

Quote from: Azlan on June 10, 2007, 05:45:04 PM
It appears to be one of those points where, like the older generations, where an abusive or heavy handed father is finally challenged by the son.  This appears to be shaping up to be a serious smack-down for Abel.

"It was Keyser Soze, inspector!  I mean the Devil himself!  How do you shoot the Devil in the back...?  What if you miss?"

kaskar

Quote from: Alondro on June 10, 2007, 03:56:39 PM

:rolleyes*Charline plays the emo Naruto music*  Abel's father killed his family, seeking to increase the power of his Sharingen...  :P

Cid was never Abel's father. Aniz, after killing Cid, shapeshifted himself to look like " Cid " . After 25 years, Aniz now sees that Abel has turned into ' (for the moment a rather inept), Cubi . His job as "Cid" is done. Now he can stretch his wings ...

( My apologies for any double meanings or unsequential quotes )

ShiningShadow

I knew Falina had a hand in this that's why I don't trust her what evil scheme she has for poor Abel I think he would be as defiant when he was at SAIA not playing her game. I have to wonder what will kill Aniz a footstool *NOWAY* If Abel had that ability to have his tenticals reach for some bad ass blades then we have Aniz Steaks cooking on the grill with some beer over it mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer steaks :dribble >:3.

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 10, 2007, 06:06:31 PM

"It was Keyser Soze, inspector!  I mean the Devil himself!  How do you shoot the Devil in the back...?  What if you miss?"

Who is Keyser Soze?
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"