Air-powered car! Green energy is getting clever!

Started by Alondro, May 31, 2007, 08:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

awesome, now we need lobbyists to push the garbage to oil refineries.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Alondro

Say, does anyone know how to search for email addresses?  There's a high school senior in Tallahassee, FL who's doing projects on kudzu and his ideas would mesh perfectly with mine if we combined our work.  He has the biomeass processing angle, while I have the biomass production and genetic engineering angle.  Together, we could get a workable ethanol production process going.

I must have the email for Tyler Rowland!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have an address for Keyser Soze, would that help? I think I have a Tyler Durdin here, too...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Quote from: Alondro on June 01, 2007, 10:08:54 AM
  Oil would only be needed for the creation of certain plastics and other petrochemicals for which the ethanol and artificial crude do not work. 

actually a group of nutty scientists found a way to produce a synthetic petroleum from fructose- it can be used in any of the ways we use petroleum, most importantly in the production of plastics. sinse it can be made of any kind of fructose you can actually use waste material such as rotten fruit, inedible fruits, corn that does not pass quality control, and apples that fruit growers selectively thin during the growing season.

QuoteIf knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Alondro on June 01, 2007, 01:15:11 PM

have you tried "trwoland@whatever his school name is.edu?"

Also, I recall that there was a processing plant built near a meat-packing plant somewhere which is using the discarded turkey renderings from the meat-packing plant to produce heating oil.  They have a technique which I haven't bothered to remember well enough which can convert 100% of the input biomas into high-grade crude oil and pure water.

As an example, they explained what would happen if a human being accidentally fell in.

Alondro

Quote from: Fuyudenki on June 01, 2007, 06:48:43 PM
Quote from: Alondro on June 01, 2007, 01:15:11 PM

have you tried "trwoland@whatever his school name is.edu?"

Also, I recall that there was a processing plant built near a meat-packing plant somewhere which is using the discarded turkey renderings from the meat-packing plant to produce heating oil.  They have a technique which I haven't bothered to remember well enough which can convert 100% of the input biomas into high-grade crude oil and pure water.

As an example, they explained what would happen if a human being accidentally fell in.

That's the technology I'm talking about. :)  It's starting to take off as some big businesses and cities are realizing it's a great way to get rid of nasty slop, with the potential for $$$$$$$ in the future as the technique improves.

Hmm, I could try that email addy, but I wonder how likely it is that he'd pick something that simple.  Plus, he's at a high school.  I'll try searching MySpace. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif