Movie Review: Georgia Rule (spoilers)

Started by GabrielsThoughts, June 01, 2007, 09:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

I saw this movie as part of a double feature with 28 days later. Unfortunately, I missed seeing 28 days later because I had become preoccupied with the Theater's Arcade for more than 2 and a half hours. 

Georgia Rule stars Lindsy Lohan as the anti-christ, a seductress, and as a self destructive teenage drama queen who is forced to live in a small town in Idaho for the summer. The first thing I noticed wrong with the movie was that I never Realized how much Idaho looked like Bishop, California.  After regaining my suspension of disbelief I bore witness to one of the best movies I've seen this year. The movie has at least 3 plots running at once, and one cannot watch this movie without being reminded of Jay Naylor's "Better Days" webcomic. I might have given too much of th plot away, but I liked it. 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Hmm. Better Days tends to remind me of a movie I saw some time back, called Spanking The Monkey.

Er. Yeah. It's NSFW. Furthermore, spanking the monkey is the least screwed up thing about the whole movie... Although I've seen worse.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears