Bizzaro?

Started by kurai_katara, May 15, 2007, 04:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Quote from: Kenji on May 26, 2007, 08:10:50 PM
Quote from: Zina on May 26, 2007, 08:09:57 PM
As a general rule, Netami has seen only 10% of a woman's body.
:C

He must hate music, then. Heck, a music video can show you a good 80%. o:
IRL IMO

SRSLY

Zina

More like 95%.
But TV women don't count. They're too busy being on the TV.

Kenji

Quote from: Zina on May 26, 2007, 08:13:46 PM

More like 95%.

Oh, right, of course. :3 Maybe those are those foam rubber ones I've heard so much about.

Gabi

Quote from: Kenji on May 26, 2007, 08:15:49 PM
Quote from: Zina on May 26, 2007, 08:13:46 PM

More like 95%.

Oh, right, of course. :3 Maybe those are those foam rubber ones I've heard so much about.
"Cómprese hoy
una linda mujer que no piense ni coma.

No piense más, señor,
que no hay nada mejor que una nena de goma.
"

Explanation: that's from a song by "La máquina de hacer pájaros" ("The bird-making machine"). The title of the song is "El vendedor de muñecas de plástico" ("The plastic doll salesman").

The part I quoted translates to: "buy today a pretty woman who doesn't think nor eat. Think no more, mister, for there's nothing better than a rubber babe."

It's sarcastic, of course.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

bill

Zina

Curse my feminine vanity!

Kenji

She always was lame in the comics. What with being tied up on the cover of most of her comics.
For crying out loud, why would she be concerned at ALL with vanity? She comes from an all woman amazon island secluded from men of any kind.

Netami

I love music.

...But I hate music videos!

And that 10% I have seen? Ohh baby, I love your eyes. What's a hymen?

bill

Naldru

Quote from: Kenji on May 26, 2007, 10:13:56 PM
She always was lame in the comics. What with being tied up on the cover of most of her comics.
Please tell me when the covers of books started having any relationship to what was in them.

Wonder Woman was originally intended as a parody of other comic books where the male super-hero had to keep saving the klutzy female (think Superman and Lois Lane) while Sheena, Queen of the Jungle was more of a straight role-reversal.  Trying to analyze her actions in the forties and earlier makes as much sense as a critical analysis of the actions of The Three Stooges or The Marx Brothers.  If you think her actions were comical, look at the actions of her all-girl crew of sidekicks led by Etta Candy.  I'm not sure when Wonder Woman became a more serious character, but I suspect that it was during the sixties or seventies.  For those of you with limited vocabularies, parody implies comedy.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kenji

Quote from: Naldru on May 26, 2007, 11:04:56 PM
Quote from: Kenji on May 26, 2007, 10:13:56 PM
Please tell me when the covers of books started having any relationship to what was in them.

Wonder Woman was originally intended as a parody of other comic books where the male super-hero had to keep saving the klutzy female (think Superman and Lois Lane) while Sheena, Queen of the Jungle was more of a straight role-reversal.  Trying to analyze her actions in the forties and earlier makes as much sense as a critical analysis of the actions of The Three Stooges or The Marx Brothers.  If you think her actions were comical, look at the actions of her all-girl crew of sidekicks led by Etta Candy.  I'm not sure when Wonder Woman became a more serious character, but I suspect that it was during the sixties or seventies.  For those of you with limited vocabularies, parody implies comedy.

Go research old stuff? Never!
I'll just stick to the Wonder Woman in the new cartoon series who beat the crap out of Superman. Aahh... now there's a super hero female worth liking.

Netami

Quote from: BillBuckner on May 26, 2007, 10:39:51 PM
"PG RATING" LOL

Only if the viewers understand the content. :)

Also:

Damaris

I come from a land where spamming was an art and flame wars made men gods. ;)

I'm not a girly girl for the most part, but I always get annoyed when I break a fingernail, mostly because it happens at work where there are no clippers.  That's frusterating.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

King Of Hearts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUmVe9qnw7E

First, have some Abott and Costello math... the only kind of math.

O god the silver age...

Wonder woman should always be able to go toe to toe with Supes... ideally. Though in truth shes less an iconic character than the latter. Which is actually good for her since that gives her character the room to grow and change. ten years from now, Superman will still be Superman, Batman will still be batman, But wonder woman... I have no idea.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: King Of Hearts on May 27, 2007, 08:06:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUmVe9qnw7E

First, have some Abott and Costello math... the only kind of math.

How the hell did he hang his hat up?

Quote from: King Of Hearts on May 27, 2007, 08:06:19 AM
Wonder woman should always be able to go toe to toe with Supes... ideally. Though in truth shes less an iconic character than the latter. Which is actually good for her since that gives her character the room to grow and change. ten years from now, Superman will still be Superman, Batman will still be batman, But wonder woman... I have no idea.

... bigger busted than what she was? Or is it just me who thinks she keeps growing each season?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netami