Spider-Man 3, as reviewed by Darkmoon (Spoilers Inside)

Started by Darkmoon, March 06, 2007, 07:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Well, if Sony insists on hiring all cast members on for three pictures, then yeah, I doubt any of the original cast will be back.

I know they keep batting around the idea of having Jake Gyllenhall play Spidey. I don't think he'd be a bad choice, although I dunno that he can do nerdy nearly as well as Toby McGuire.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Caswin

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on May 20, 2007, 11:00:49 PM
They still have carnage, the lizard, scorpion, mysterio, the vulture, Kingpin, Iron man, as potential villans in the series.
Well, Kingpin got used in Daredevil - like it or not - and I think it'd be pretty iffy at this stage to say that they take place in the same New York.

And, er, Iron Man?  Without a Civil War to drive him to villainy?  How do you figure?

As to who should play Spider-Man... like I said, Nicholas Hammond!  Well, okay, but the guy deserves a cameo at the very least.  If Lou Ferrigno can be a security guard in the Hulk movie, Nick should get a shot somewhere in Spider-Man.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Damaris

It doesn't matter if its the same New York- a different movie company owns the rights to Kingpin.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Zedd

Its rights to anything really..Im shocked the fantastic four wherent even spoted in this one, It always happens in the comics

Darkmoon

Again, a different company owns the rights to those characters being on the big screen. The guys at Sony LITERALLY cannot use the FF characters without approval from the other company.

Which would cost more money.

Zedd

Seriously makes how much they spent on all that sand

Darkmoon

Eh? What you say?

I could swear it was english, but the words make no sense when put together...

Zedd

Gah...I nedd my glasses! On a diffrent note...Who you think their casting for big G on the new FF movie?

bill

Caswin

Quote from: Zedd on May 22, 2007, 08:09:34 PM
Gah...I nedd my glasses! On a diffrent note...Who you think their casting for big G on the new FF movie?
Well, now that Tony Jay's dead ( :mowsad)...

I'm trying to think of serious suggestions, but I just keep coming back to Samuel L. Jackson and Christopher Lloyd.  In their usual character roles.  I'd pay to watch it.

Hugh Laurie, maybe?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

GabrielsThoughts

ok just so everyone is clear, which company owns which  marvel characters, and was there an 80's movie with Capitan America, because I'm getting vague memories of my childhood and I'm certain they already made one.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

There was a 80's Cap movie. I thought it was decent, but last I saw it, I was very young, so I doubt it was actually any good at all.

The Galaktus in the new flick is supposed to be more along the lines of the Ulitmate Galaktus... Hope that helps...

Caswin

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 22, 2007, 09:16:30 PMThe Galaktus in the new flick is supposed to be more along the lines of the Ulitmate Galaktus...
Is that how the kids are spelling it these days?
Yap yap.

Zedd

Quote from: Caswin on May 22, 2007, 09:37:40 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on May 22, 2007, 09:16:30 PMThe Galaktus in the new flick is supposed to be more along the lines of the Ulitmate Galaktus...
Ironicly thats what happenes when times change for a rewrite wouldnt you say?

Damaris

I liked the 80s Cap movie as well.  I'm pretty sure my family still has a copy on VHS somewhere.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

Quote from: Zedd on May 22, 2007, 09:48:04 PM
Quote from: Caswin on May 22, 2007, 09:37:40 PM
Ironicly thats what happenes when times change for a rewrite wouldnt you say?

I was mixing the 616 universe and Ultimate universe's spellings, apparently. My bad.

Ultimate universe: Gah Lak Tus