05/04/07 Wow She's taking that well [783]

Started by thegayhare, May 03, 2007, 09:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on May 04, 2007, 07:04:03 AM
It looks like the news hasn't sunk in yet, or Mab doesn't fully believe it.
More likely it's not death in the conventional sense.  Remember that Mab and Fa'Lina know each other from way back - probably Mab as she appears today is a reincarnation of the entity that Fa'Lina knew of old.
So it's probably more that her parents are going to go through a similar process rather than dying in the usual sense.  That would certainly give her the outlook we're seeing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RJ

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 04, 2007, 07:09:56 AM
Quote from: Gabi on May 04, 2007, 07:04:03 AM
Quote from: RJ on May 03, 2007, 09:22:19 PM
Um... RJ sees a spelling mistake: You're/Your
I see a squirrel being yelled at for that.

.. I could start, if you like, by banning her for a day? :-]

*pulls the chibi-weeping face of doom*

Noooooes!

Damaris

To kind of explain the Lupus (in a less unclear fashion): it's a quote from the FOX TV show House.  Earlier this season House (the cranky doctor) was having trouble with Vicadin addiction.  He had some of his stash hidden in a Lupus textbook.  When his staff expressed surprise at the choice, he said "It's NEVER Lupus."  Additionally, he has a black doctor on his staff, and the guy is usually wrong about what is making people sick.

I am interested to see where this comic plotline goes.  I think I concur with the people who believe death for the fae is not as bad as others believe it to be.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Alondro

*Charline shakes her head*  Oh no, death for the fae is terribly horrible :aack!  Their insides boil and begin spewing out of every orifice!  Liquified brains jet from their sockets after the eyes have popped out!  The only thing that silences the screams of agony are when their bodies finally explode into a pile of gooey pulp and fragmented bones.

*Alondro peeks in and erfs*  Uhm, Charline... I highly doubt that's how they normally die.  :erk

*Charline grins*  But that's what happens when you put one in an industrial microwave.  >:3 

*Alondro nods slowly... backing out again*  Yes... how very.. interesting...   :aack
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rabid_fox

Well, I did not see that one coming. Does Amber hate her characters?

Oh dear.

Kenji

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 04, 2007, 11:57:50 AM
Does Amber hate her characters?

Now whatever would make you say that? Amber? Come now.

rabid_fox

You're right. Tough love's what those lazy fae's need to get out there, get a job in an office, go slowly mad with the crushing dullness of their lives and eventually be led away gently by the arm after smashing their heads on the coffee machine.

Though it's really very specific, this whole prophecy. Both parents? Dead? In a night? Something's brewing.

Oh dear.

Aridas

scheduled? After all, they're only playing roles... They could easily just plan their lives ahead of time if they're actually doing this and not just pranking MAb.

rabid_fox

Hah. Top parental gag. "Hey, kid, we're both going to die." "OMG, NO!" "Lol, you just got pwned."

Oh dear.

Kenji

Angel

Gasp again! NO! MABBY! Wait, Fae get reborn? And will this finally give us a glimpse into Mab's past?

Oh, and by the way? Of course it's not Lupus! The day it is will be the day I cackle delightedly and run away to New Jersey to kidnap Hugh Laurie once and for all!! (pops some Vicodin and limps away)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Manawolf

Angel

First page. Questionable source, but still, probably read more of Demo. 101 than I did.

Quote from: Netami on May 03, 2007, 09:18:43 PM
When fae die, they just get reborn. She probably has to deal with paperwork.  :eager
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aridas

I don't believe demonology says anything about rebirth. re-inserting themselves in other roles is as far as I understand it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Manawolf on May 04, 2007, 01:26:05 PM
When did the reborn part come up?

From the demonology:
Whatever the role and limits are, the Fae sets themselves to that guide very strictly, so far as even allowing themselves to be "killed" for the sake of the great theatre. It does seem though that death on the plane of Furrae is only temporary as there have been many Fae who supposedly died but later return only to start a new role on a new stage...

There might be different ways to interpret this paragraph (the one under Albanion's hoof), but reincarnation as different entities is how I'm reading it.

By the way, as for Albanion's white hand, from the demonology picture I'd say he's wearing one black glove (like Raoul Duke).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Albanion is Michael Jackson?

Man. This comic has -everything-
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

Sounds more like simply faking death then returning in a new guise.

Damn drama queens.

Zina

So the fae are like the internet!
Awesome.

terrycloth

Netami

Quote from: Black_angel on May 04, 2007, 01:28:46 PM
First page. Questionable source, but still, probably read more of Demo. 101 than I did.

Quote from: Netami on May 03, 2007, 09:18:43 PM
When fae die, they just get reborn. She probably has to deal with paperwork.  :eager

Bolded for emphasis! In many fantasy settings, Fae share a huge life-pool of souls and when they "die" they simply go back to the pool to await a new role to be given to them. Thus the queen of all fae could end up being a normal fae person and vice versa. I doubt this retarded unicorn thesbian was really meaning that Mab's parents were getting "resituated" tonight as much as he meant someone was going to kill them, etc etc, but the first thing that came to mind was some of those stories I've read. And then that damn starbust commercial. And then I thought about killing things.

Zedd

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 04, 2007, 01:52:05 PM
Albanion is Michael Jackson?

Man. This comic has -everything-

Are you saying Michael Jackson is a fairy?

*Mr. 'Jefferson'*  That.. That's ignorant. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Quote from: Zina on May 04, 2007, 03:19:46 PM
Awesome.

Awesome indeed. Next time I see one I'll have to plug an mp3 player into one and get a few songs. :3

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 04, 2007, 01:47:55 PMBy the way, as for Albanion's white hand, from the demonology picture I'd say he's wearing one black glove (like Raoul Duke).

Why would he be wearing that black cloth over a glove?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tiny crested flint

Quote from: crimson_wolf on May 03, 2007, 11:54:48 PM
still...if mabb ends up taking jyrras to fae...i think the council might meddle a little bit don't you?
So this arc has the potential to be a tie-up between the "Mab's dying parents, Creature council vs. Techmouse, and Jy/Lorenda relationship" plot lines, with an added sliver of hope for some backstory on Mab? HUZAAH!!
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 04, 2007, 01:52:05 PMMan. This comic has -everything-

On a different note, is that like a crest or gem thing on Albanion's forehead? I first thought it was a lock of hair which prevented me from asociating him with the person from http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_366.php where it is glowing.
Heh, he's just Mr. floaty while Mab freaks out...

And on a fanboy note: I fall on my face in reverence of Amber's art!!!

Psychogirl

Hm... I have to say. I thought Albanion was sort of a messanger of the Beings/Creature council, not one of the members themelves.

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on May 04, 2007, 04:36:40 PM
Awesome.

Awesome indeed. Next time I see one I'll have to plug an mp3 player into one and get a few songs. :3

HEY AMBER! Is Mab software compatible?? D:

Kenji

Quote from: Zedd on May 04, 2007, 07:45:21 PM
Quote from: Kenji on May 04, 2007, 04:36:40 PM
Awesome.

HEY AMBER! Is Mab software compatible?? D:

Maybe with a Mowcintosh.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on May 04, 2007, 05:54:49 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 04, 2007, 01:47:55 PMBy the way, as for Albanion's white hand, from the demonology picture I'd say he's wearing one black glove (like Raoul Duke).

Why would he be wearing that black cloth over a glove?

You're right - that's the same colour as his hoof, not the fingerless glove thing he's wearing.  Damn LCD monitor at work.  Okay - he has one white hand and a hoof-coloured hand - and two black gloves in the Demonology.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Density D. on May 04, 2007, 06:52:39 PM
On a different note, is that like a crest or gem thing on Albanion's forehead? I first thought it was a lock of hair which prevented me from asociating him with the person from http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_366.php where it is glowing. 

It's a gem. Mab has one too.

Quote from: Demonology: FaeGeneral Traits:...Gem on forehead(varied)
Jeez I need to update this thing.