Oh, heavens. I'm all new and stuff.

Started by rabid_fox, May 02, 2007, 03:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabid_fox

Quick introduction then? I'm Díarmuid, all Irish and shizzle and I look a lot like the guy in the avatar, but usually with less pointing.

Fan of the comic since happening across it (I recall the first strip I saw: the one with the grey-fox-looking-doctor-cubi with the giant needle).

Any initiation rites to go through?

Oh dear.

Suwako

Hi-yo enjoy yourself here.

Oh, doctor Ink his player is on this forum (joy :) ;) )
be aware of everything, fear nothing but listen to the rules?  :B

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

rabid_fox

Oh, crumbs. Surely the avatar should put off the rape? I mean, look at that hair! That ain't the hair of a rape victim, that's the hair of an 80's throwback...and nobody wants to rape that.

...at least no tennis ball gags, k?

Oh dear.

Netami

rabid_fox

Well, you're certainly a friendlier rapist than that last forum I joined. In a...middle-management sort of way.

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

We can fix that, if you like. :-]

More seriously, welcome to the forum, try not to leave a mess, and watch out for anyone who tells you to watch out for anyone who tells you to watch out for....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netami

rabid_fox

How did you know? This ain't gonna be rape anymore, baby.

In other news:

I has a stick.

Oh dear.

ITOS

Greetings. I am 7 Itos Atio. :)

There are more things to warn about that the rapists but since you've already been warned about those warnings I might as well not warn you. Just remember that the emergency exit is located in the upper right corner and is marked with an "x".
This generic comment was brought to you by:

rabid_fox

Oh, I don't trust any doors that look like that. They tend to be revolving and on loose wheels, so that they attempt to cut your foot off at the ankle unless you leap through them with the grace of a gazelle. The good gazelles, not the losers you see on Discovery during "Big Cat Week".

Oh dear.

Darkmoon

Make sure to read the rules, don't get into too much trouble, and go read CVRPG. It's a much better comic than DMFA.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

rabid_fox

Vunderbubble. I tend to add webcomics when I find myself with hours of nothing to do, devour an archive in one sitting and then either go "Woo hoo, it's still active," or "Oh, snotterbuggles, last update was 2001"

Oh dear.

Netami

rabid_fox

Sneachta an aras géallis.

Wait, what?

Oh dear.

rabid_fox

The hell I do. You're the crazy one. Get off the road.

Oh dear.

superluser

So I'm trying to figure out your personal text.  My Latin's a bit rusty, but...

Honor probataque virtus

honor (honor) is a noun, and I can't figure out how to connect it to probata (acceptable), the participial form of probo.  And virtus (manliness) doesn't seem to be grammatically connected to anything.

The best that I can come up with is something like

honor `n' acceptable--manliness

Little help (also, the genders are really confusing me)?

Also, THIS COMIC IS SILLY!

rabid_fox

It translates as "honour and proven virtue", which is on the family crest of the Mag Giolla Ríabhaígh clan. Booya - my second name is silly!

Oh dear.

superluser

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 02, 2007, 04:58:14 PMIt translates as "honour and proven virtue", which is on the family crest of the Mag Giolla Ríabhaígh clan.

Proven manliness?  (sorry, it's just that I've never seen virtus used for `virtue.')

rabid_fox

"The word virtus derives from Latin, and means valor, moral strength, excellence, and worth. In ancient times, virtus denoted a way of life and manner of behavior that always aspired to the highest, most positive attributes of people and aspects of human interaction."

Apparently. I'm no latin scholar though.

Oh dear.

xHaZxMaTx

Ah, welcome!  I can tell you'll fit right in here. :)

rabid_fox

I'm like that annoying piece of jigsaw that's all sky.

Oh dear.

xHaZxMaTx

Is it a corner piece, or at least an edge piece?

rabid_fox

Oh, hells no. Just a piece of anonymous blue. Mark Rothko style.

Oh dear.

xHaZxMaTx

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

xHaZxMaTx

rabid_fox

Mine was a post-modernist sky. </save?>

Oh dear.

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...