Stupid purchasing errors

Started by thegayhare, April 29, 2007, 10:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

So me and my sister wanted to take her boyfreind shooting.  She needs to sight in her rifle, and I want to improve my aim with my revolver.

So we headed up to Kittery Trading Post so my sis can get some 6.5x55 ammo and a few other supplies.

While she was doing that I hit the racks for a cheap sturdy holster.

After consulting the sizing charts and spending about 45 minutes digging through the racks  I found the only basic size 1 hip holster (they had tons of inside the pants holsters) in the whole damn store for under 30 dollars.

So after a two hour drive I get home and notice... the damn things left handed.  4 hours in a car and 15 bucks gone

It's deffinitly not worth the trip back to return it

man am I a doofus

superluser

What were you getting that you needed to drive four hours to find?  There should be ranges nearby, right?  Is 6.5x55 that hard to find?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

thegayhare

Quote from: superluser on April 29, 2007, 11:04:29 PM
What were you getting that you needed to drive four hours to find?  There should be ranges nearby, right?  Is 6.5x55 that hard to find?

2 hours there then 2 hours back not 4 hours one way.

and KTP has the best prices and selection sides 6.5 is hard to come by at the small gun shops. plus the small places have higher prices.  Reid's guns and cigars (1 hour away) is the closest and the prices are nuts.

And nope there are no shooting ranges around here,  Generaly shooters (when not hunting) go to one of the small sand pits but all those in the area are now posted

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on April 29, 2007, 11:18:38 PMAnd nope there are no shooting ranges around here,  Generaly shooters (when not hunting) go to one of the small sand pits but all those in the area are now posted

That sucks.  I'm desperately trying to figure out something for you, but I'm not coming up with anything.

thegayhare

Well we've got a place to shoot up on my uncles land thats about an hour away

But the trip will be well worth it since we have some alterior motives to making the trip

My uncle said he'd buy my dad's most expensive rifle,  he also said he'd repair my dad's service 45 (my mom wanted to keep that one since my dad built it)and he's ducking us on both counts.  Also a large marble plaque of dad that was engraved for mom was dropped off at his place and we were never told. 

I can wear it as a behind the back holster but I'm tihnking of selling it on Ebay

*sighs*

It's just a pain in the butt

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on April 29, 2007, 11:59:17 PMI can wear it as a behind the back holster but I'm tihnking of selling it on Ebay

I was going to suggest that.  If you come up with an entertaining story to go along with the auction, you might get good money.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... You could also practice shooting with your off hand, if you like.

You never know when it might be useful to be able to shoot with either hand - you know, there's some mad mobster out there killing chefs, and he corners you in your own kitchen with nothing but a pistol....

*grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Paladin Sheppard

*Pushes the box into the compacter and sends it off for recycling* Bad Llearch!!

llearch n'n'daCorna

... and this is different to usual, how? :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Supercheese

Bah. Lefties are superior anyway.  >3

superluser

Quote from: Supercheese on April 30, 2007, 12:49:53 PMLefties are superior anyway.  >3

No.  Lefties are sinister.  Tall people are superior.

ITOS

Quote from: superluser on April 30, 2007, 01:15:13 PM
Quote from: Supercheese on April 30, 2007, 12:49:53 PMLefties are superior anyway.  >3

No. Tall people are beter targets. Cake is superior.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Supercheese

Quote from: superluser on April 30, 2007, 01:15:13 PM

Pah, semantics. Although we are, indeed, sinister...

rabid_fox

Left handers are awkward and try to pass off their bumbling as creativity. I know this for I am completely and utterly left handed.

Oh dear.

thegayhare

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 02, 2007, 04:00:13 PM

Left handers are awkward and try to pass off their bumbling as creativity. I know this for I am completely and utterly left handed.
Realy Rabbid?

Hmmm you wouldn't be interested in a left handed size 1 Uncle Mikes side kick hip holster for 3-4 inch barreled automatics?

Although my revolver fits in it pretty snuggly

rabid_fox

Um. Naw. I don't do guns, unless it's a little air rifle to shoot tin cans with. Though maybe I could keep my mobile phone in it...

Oh dear.

Zorro

6.5 X55 MM Swedish Mauser is a cartridge that is growing in popularity.  It is a mild rifle round that shoots a bullet with superior sectional density.

The result is a low recoil rifle round in the class of the .243 Winchester that has the power to cleanly take down a moose.

I like the caliber and consider it to be superior to all the other low recoil hunting cartridges.

thegayhare

LOL
Well I realy didn't think you would be Rabbid But I had to check
*chuckles*

Ohh Zorro

You sound like my sis...   She's the one who took after dad like that
*chuckles*
she's the hunter and fisherman

that reminds me she wanted to replace the stock on her mauser with a models she spotted at Kittery and I said I'd check my sources for one