04/28/07 Abel's Story [84] Wow

Started by AndersW, April 28, 2007, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raire

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2007, 02:28:31 PM
Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 01:54:55 PM
Thankfully (and fortunately for them) they haven't received the icy chill of doom that freezes instigators in their paces that Amber can be.

*cough* Amber is a cuddly fuzzy bunny compared to Darkmoon.

When Damaris gets invoked, she makes Darkmoon look like a mow gumming on your foot. Trust me. :-]

I... I think I'm writing down those names. *shiver*

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 30, 2007, 02:01:43 PM(using the theory that May is Kria's instructor and the whole thing was a hit), but it leaves the question of why she would want to kill her son...

Your theory isn't bad, but I never meant to suggest that the attack was supposed to be a hit on Abel.

After all, in that case, May would probably have taken Abel out herself.  She certainly wouldn't have sent Kria out to do mop-up, and she would probably have simply fired off a spell to kill Abel while he was ``scampering away.''

She would not have panicked to see Abel return, because she knew that Abel was still alive.

So the options for why Abel would be at his mother's killing fields would probably be one of the following:

1.) May wants Abel to see a creature kill, probably to get the excitement of it.  She got Kria to do mop-up, because she knows that Kria wouldn't be able to kill Abel.

2.) May didn't know that Abel was going to be there, but she feels no particular loyalty to Abel, and the creatures cannot know who she is--and they certainly cannot show any compassion or other weakness.  May might have actually planned the attack to be away from Abel's route, but Abel met up with Devin, who saw the smoke from miles away, and that brought them to the fort.

Also, I think Amber said that the child *typically* takes after the being parent.  That `typically' is a good weasel word for when you get called on it later.  ``No, I never said that they take after the being.  Just that they typically do.  That means that sometimes, they don't.  This is one of those times.''

I'd like to emphasize that this theory is only barely plausible.  Somebody wasn't happy with Cid being a jerk, and the theory just sort of popped into my head, like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man.  (I was actually off to church at the time, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to focus on the mass if I didn't get that theory out of my head)

Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 02:34:16 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2007, 02:28:31 PM*cough* Amber is a cuddly fuzzy bunny compared to Darkmoon.

When Damaris gets invoked, she makes Darkmoon look like a mow gumming on your foot. Trust me. :-]

You won't need to.  They will be in your nightmares.

Edit: I should note that Darkmoon and Damaris are typically nice, fun people (well, Darkmoon would probably kill me if I called him nice--good humored, perhaps).  But when they get angry, they get very angry.  In that quiet, reserved, ``You'd better check to see if your house is still in one piece'' sort of way.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Raire

Quote from: superluser on April 30, 2007, 02:49:18 PM
Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 02:34:16 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2007, 02:28:31 PM*cough* Amber is a cuddly fuzzy bunny compared to Darkmoon.

Meep  :mowsad

Tapewolf

She would not have panicked to see Abel return, because she knew that Abel was still alive.
Good point. 

QuoteMay might have actually planned the attack to be away from Abel's route, but Abel met up with Devin, who saw the smoke from miles away, and that brought them to the fort.
This touches on another good point - Abel's visit to the fort was unplanned and not something May could have known in advance.

Even if this theory is bunk, there is still something we're missing from the equation.  Currently available data suggests that Abel should have full-feathered wings.  Maybe we'll find the answer to that on Wednesday...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

Thankfully (and fortunately for them) they haven't received the icy chill of doom that freezes instigators in their paces that Amber can be.

What do I look like when I get involved?  >:3

kazzellin

Okay, am now registered and delurking (oh look, the count went up ;P ).

I personally hold with the view that since May was the one to point out "what the heck are these" to Able about his headwings before he even knew they were actually there (after all, for all he knew, Devin was pulling his hair), she is either a) an *extremely* good actress, b) a creature that doesn't know a whole lotta beans about cubi, or c) is a regular being. I'm going with c right now, though the one pic of her confronting the old school's headmistress makes me lean towards option b....

Anyway, since "Cid" was an adventurer, that could have always been short for "adventurer killer." And either way, because of his occupation, he probably wouldn't have been home very often, or for very long. Which would account for both him being able to be replaced (if that was the case) and May not noticing a cubi mark, if he really has been a cubi in disguise for the last 2 decades. Given what happened this weekend, I'm more in favor of him having actually been an adventurer named Cid for the last two decades, and May having been fooled by a cubi, with May now being fooled again either by the same cubi, or a different one. After all, how many cubi can an adventurer anger in at least 30+ years of going off into weird encounters. "My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" type thing. It's always possible that May was seduced, Cid killed said seducer, and this current cubi is getting revenge by going after the family in a different way.

And my train of thought has now derailed, so~

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 30, 2007, 03:22:36 PM
Quote from: superluser on April 30, 2007, 02:49:18 PMMay might have actually planned the attack to be away from Abel's route, but Abel met up with Devin, who saw the smoke from miles away, and that brought them to the fort.
This touches on another good point - Abel's visit to the fort was unplanned and not something May could have known in advance.

I could have said that, but I chose not to.

Specifically, because I refuted it before, and I was sure that someone would find that statement and throw it in my face.

See, it's quite possible that Cindy's death wasn't a suicide.  May could have been feeding Cindy negative emotions so that she would kill herself and thus give Abel a reason to go to Cantiv and put him in the right frame of mind for the upcoming attack.

Rambon

Well other than the fact i think that "May is a demon/cubi" theory Might be Somewhat on the whack side :mowignore , thou It might be more to the demon than cubi. Me thinks that the cubi really isn't poor abel's dad but an impostor. thou  there are more ways than one to make a cubi [other than *cough cough* if you get my drift

Raire

Quote from: superluser on April 30, 2007, 03:49:51 PM
See, it's quite possible that Cindy's death wasn't a suicide.  May could have been feeding Cindy negative emotions so that she would kill herself and thus give Abel a reason to go to Cantiv and put him in the right frame of mind for the upcoming attack.

That idea is so scary, I'm actually taking it seriously, because the offcahnce of it being true would twist Abel a lot. And... really a lot.

But if it's May, then why have Hennya there?

Zina

Quote from: BillBuckner on April 30, 2007, 03:27:31 PM

What do I look like when I get involved?  >:3

Like a hug. :3

Rambon

bill

CubeGuy

Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 03:54:18 PMBut if it's May, then why have Hennya there?
To kill her in front of Abel?

ShiningShadow

You know what's is going to happen next I see May and Abel lay waste to Aniz with Henna and Kria to get in for seconds.  I hope that bastard gets what he deserves.  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Also, I think Amber said that the child *typically* takes after the being parent.  That `typically' is a good weasel word for when you get called on it later.  ``No, I never said that they take after the being.  Just that they typically do.  That means that sometimes, they don't.  This is one of those times.''

I note that Amber is quite good at using weasel-words. I'm wondering if she took any logic classes, or philosophy, or something, to while away the time between the art classes...

Of course, I'd hate to actually -know-, because it'd ruin all the speculation. :-]

Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 02:53:31 PM

Meep  :mowsad

As superluser went on to say, they're usually fuzzy bunnies anyway. Provided you follow the rules, and pay attention when people drag you back on topic, you're probably pretty safe. It takes a bit to annoy them, after all.

I guess I should clarify - when I say "people", I guess I mean "people whose names are on the Rules page in the section listing administrators and moderators" :-] But pulling yourself back in anyway is polite for the rest of the folks, too, so... :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Does this thread feel like a dead horse to you Llearch?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Why, does it need more flogging? :-)

... Now, where did I see that emoticon?

Raire

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2007, 05:16:44 PM

The idea of an emoticon is enough, I think.

Zibani

Honestly, I'd rather do this to the dead horse than do it to Amber to get her to update sooner ( And effectively kill her...)

Angel

WAIT! Keep the horse alive a little longer! I need to post something coherent now that I've calmed down!

Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 01:35:01 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on April 30, 2007, 12:39:59 PM
..................... :erk
..................................... :O
(tries several times to form some sort of word, but keeps stuttering and looking confused) B....s........g...a......n..... :mowdizzy

I know.

You're kind of late if you just read the comic though XD We have twelve pages, and tempers are running high.

Yeah, I know I'm late. My parents are strict about the "away from the computer and upstairs by ten" rule, so usually I have to wait till morning to read the comic.

Aaaaaanyways. Now that the shock is gone...

Amber, I have deeper respect for you now than ever before. Most writers wouldn't really have the courage to destroy the character everyone loves in they way you did. But you were brave enough to follow your muse, albeit talented enough to make me enjoy the twist while hating Aniz. You are an amazing storyteller.  :hug

Also, I find myself having a Muraki complex for Aniz. I HATE him, but I don't. HE'S A B#$@%#$ AND HE SHOULD DIE AT KRIA'S HAND - but he's hot. I hope I can start REALLY hating him next update. He'd be fun to hate.

And now.... the speculation! (If any of this was already posted, I'm sorry. I just would like to post this now.)

You know how Abel's cast page mentions that members of his clan are few and far between? Well, thinking Naruto-style, what if that is Aniz's fault? He certainly seems sadistic, arrogant and power-hungry enough to kill off most of his clan. But then why would he bother having a kid?

Also, looking back, this explains why Cid wanted Abel to grow up "normal," as shown partially in Abel #14 and 15. Aniz didn't want to arouse too much suspicion and have anyone figure out his dirty little secret.

I've got more ideas, but I gotta do my honework.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Zedd

Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 05:40:05 PM

Kenji is gonna hate me for this one :shifty

multani82

Quote from: Zedd on April 30, 2007, 06:57:17 PM
Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 05:40:05 PM

Kenji is gonna hate me for this one :shifty

Dont let PETA find out lol

superluser

Quote from: Raire on April 30, 2007, 03:54:18 PMBut if it's May, then why have Hennya there?

This is one of the many major flaws with the theory.  It would imply that May wasn't planning to have Abel at the fort.  Hennya had probably set up the time to cook and discuss the wedding, and May couldn't break it off without arousing suspicion.  After all, if your friend has a wedding and you agree to help her out, and then you break your plans off, and *that same night*, mysterious bad stuff happens, people are going to talk.  You can probably use mind-reading to convince some of them, but some--especially the other creatures--you probably couldn't.

But it doesn't explain why May got back well before Abel.

Quote from: Zedd on April 30, 2007, 06:57:17 PMhttp://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/HuskieBoi666/Files%20of%20random/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Oh, I get it!  It's a picture of beating a dead horse, just like you're repeatedly trying to convince everyone that this thread is beating a dead horse!

Ouai

this topic may be  :simon but it sure is fun to read

Continue on, I say  :)

Psychogirl

Okay.... so.... what're we talking about?

Manawolf

Nothing, lock this sucker before it eeks away at anyone else's sanity.

Psychogirl

Quote from: Manawolf on April 30, 2007, 07:52:36 PM
Nothing, lock this sucker before it eeks away at anyone else's sanity.

U talkin' tah me?  :blankstare

Netami

Quote from: Psychogirl on April 30, 2007, 07:47:36 PM
Okay.... so.... what're we talking about?

Whether or not May is going to spring up as a demon/cubi herself, thus reaffirming everyone's suspicions. Whether or not Cid was ever a real person or whether he was some adventure that Aniz killed off and pretended to be in order to get some tail and a cooshy position adventuring in order to feed his emotional hunger for pain, agony, MILF, etc etc. Whether or not Hennya will die, whether or not Abel will get covered in Hennya's blood, whether or not Kria will come in time to save Abel from all of this and them dump his lousy ass off at SAIA.

Psychogirl

Well, I think May's still a being.

As for Cid, remember when he mentioned upon comming into the scene that he met a friend of his along the way? I'm suspecting that along the way home, Cid was ambushed by Aniz and either killed or kidnapped, so he could take Cid's place for the meantime.

But that's just me. I'm new here, so I don't exactly know.

And as for Hennya, I've got a feeling she's gonna die. And Kria. She'll prolly get there too late.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, there it was.

On page 6 or so, by Fuyudenki.

:deadhorse :-]