04/28/07 Abel's Story [84] Wow

Started by AndersW, April 28, 2007, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on April 29, 2007, 02:25:39 PMAniz's current appearence and facial expression looks... familiar somehow though. I'm trying to figure out why.

The closest that comes to mind is 505, but the poses really aren't similar at all.

Quote from: Raire on April 29, 2007, 04:31:58 PMI still can't remember what a delurk is, and I read it yesterday, I think in some rules for someplace...

You need to lurk moar.

Quote from: Raire on April 29, 2007, 04:31:58 PMIs it true that DMFA has a wiki page? If so, I definitely have to see it.

See it here.

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 29, 2007, 04:35:22 PM*Documentary voice*

Here we see the rare and elusive Moonfrosticus Hornificus engaging in a time honoured baiting technique of the Manawolfica Deeondeous.  A stubborn species, the Manawolfica will often be found holding his ground and territory against any and all potential predators and scavangers...which can sometimes leave him vulnerable to open attacks...

*cues the violin to the danger-music*

I wish I had the stills of Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner to make the scientific names, but Pantomime Princess Margaret will have to do.

I gotta agree with Mana, though.  Sexiness never compensates for assholery.  I almost wish such jerks on the people who would claim not to mind them.  But I can't.

Quote from: Ruggy on April 29, 2007, 06:20:19 PM
Quote from: Azraelle on April 29, 2007, 04:46:22 PM"ANIZ!  LIGHT!"
Precisely! I was going to say something to that effect, but I wasn't sure how to fit it in gracefully. Ah, Fifth Element.

Aww, I was hoping you meant Tariq Aziz.

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 29, 2007, 06:27:57 PMMost of the ones we've seen thus far look pretty artistic.

I'm imagining a Mondrian clan marking.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

multani82

Quote from: Slipdance on April 29, 2007, 06:30:13 PM
It's been suggested that Cid was possessed.   To look at it another way....perhaps Aniz was sealed away? 
I dont know if cubi can REALLY be locked away inside their own mind. But then again, I never expected cid to even BE a cubi to begin with. Although, it could be possible that Aniz could have perhaps a split personality.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: superluser on April 29, 2007, 06:33:31 PM
I'm imagining a Mondrian clan marking.

I looked it up on Wikipedia, and I don't think I found what you were referring to, 'cause now I'm imagining a clan marking that's just a block of green C++ code.

Raire

Blood he-

90 articles?

Wow.

Yes, I guess lurking is a good idea right now. XD

*scuttles off to one side*

superluser

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 29, 2007, 06:43:11 PM
Quote from: superluser on April 29, 2007, 06:33:31 PMI'm imagining a Mondrian clan marking.
I looked it up on Wikipedia, and I don't think I found what you were referring to, 'cause now I'm imagining a clan marking that's just a block of green C++ code.

Try Mondriaan (the original Dutch spelling).  Or just follow this link.  I love his work.  Just y'know, having a hard time imagining it as a clan marking.  Which is why it's so much fun to try.

EDIT: Another theory!  What if May is a succubus, and this whole interaction is carefully scripted so that Abel gets traumatized in just the right way for [insert plans here]?

Zibani

Sorry to break it to you guys, But I'm back...

bill

Manawolf

We're past your twisted ideas on what a "man" can get away with and still be considered okay.  It's a few centuries back in the comic, but it's still assholery.

Zibani

-.-; Ya know I really don't wanna have this argument with you right now... I'm not in the mood...

bill

Stygian

Ow! Cold shoulder! And an arm to go with it... Ah, well. I know that probably I'd more than eagerly discuss with you, Zibani, but I'ma have to go with Bill with this one. Neither the thread nor the time, nor the right people. Welcome back.

Speaking of the thread, I find it amazing that we're on the tenth page, and are getting ever closer to filling this one. True, there might be a few short posts (coughBillcough), but it should still be taken as a hint. Donations? >:]

Zibani

Unfortunately, I can't really say a single thing about the whole issue, or I might get worked up about it again... XP

multani82

I dont find it suprising one bit that this thread is already at ten pages soon to be eleven. I mean, this was a HEAVY curve ball about who the actual cubi was in the family. I'm still trying to grind out the whole WHY issue. But, I'm patient so I can always wait as the answer slowly comes forth in the future pages.

Zibani

Yeah, I think the whole purpose of this thread is to figure out the why... XDD

multani82

well there are soo many possibilities as to WHY he did what he did. The thought of him just being a total Jerk wad is one that I'm thinking about. But, there is probably something more deep as to abel's father's actions. Perhaps instead of the thought of him being just hateful, maybe his mother is hiding a secret that abel has yet to know about.

Zibani

HA!
See that Manawolf?! I'm not alone!!!

Aridas

I can't see what you mean, but acting like a kid about it? real classy :rolleyes

Zibani

That's the intended effect... I'm not really serious, I honestly couldn't care less...

Rambon

OKAY PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING THAT THE CLAN MARKING OF ANIZ is on his eye, I don't thing that true, Why? people go look at comic strip http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_721.php and you'll understand what i mean

*Edit* oh ya, superluser it's just me or is it, like father like son?

Netami

I see some fake boobs, that's all.

nikename2

Quote from: Rambon on April 29, 2007, 09:52:39 PM
OKAY PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING THAT THE CLAN MARKING OF ANIZ is on his eye, I don't thing that true, Why? people go look at comic strip http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_721.php and you'll understand what i mean

I fail to see the relevance. Its just Dan covered in morph magic to look like Alexsi. Besides, in the comic you can clearly see both of Aniz' eyes. And none of them have any markings on them.  :U

Aurawyn

This has probably been said.. but it is possible that May was "tricked" by the incubus, way back when, but he then left, leaving her and the Real Cid to raise able.. then he happened to come to the city see Cid or May, and decide to take his place.. *shrugs*

Zibani

See, what I'm saying, is that He should have the same clan marking as abel, as They are supposed to be 'Father and son'...

Rambon

Quote from: Xeksue on April 29, 2007, 09:56:14 PM
Dan covered in morph magic to look like Alexsi. Besides, in the comic you can clearly see both of Aniz' eyes. And none of them have any markings on them.  :U

Ehh, i ment the eye in panel two...

Netami

It's just make up / an angry expression. You guys are so cute.

nikename2

Quote from: Zibani on April 29, 2007, 09:58:02 PM
See, what I'm saying, is that He should have the same clan marking as abel, as They are supposed to be 'Father and son'...

Perhaps we can get Moonfrost to do a full body search if its absolutely necessary.

multani82

Quote from: Xeksue on April 29, 2007, 10:00:59 PM
Quote from: Zibani on April 29, 2007, 09:58:02 PM

Perhaps we can get Moonfrost to do a full body search if its absolutely necessary.
bring a rubber glove lol

Aridas

Besides all that, if Aniz is really Abel's father, it's going to be obvious if we ever saw his marking, as they'd have the same clan symbol...

superluser

Quote from: multani82 on April 29, 2007, 09:35:25 PMPerhaps instead of the thought of him being just hateful, maybe his mother is hiding a secret that abel has yet to know about.

I'd like to be on the record as saying that I think it's unlikely that Kria's instructor was May in disgiuse, that she got back and had a couple hours' discussion with Hennya before Abel got back.  Unless she had a warp aci.

Of course, if that were the case...

Maybe Cid found out that May was Kria's instructor.  He couldn't find it out from Kria, since she didn't know, but maybe he found it out from Selev's brother, who ran away as soon as she ordered them to kill her own son.  Cid probably knew some incubi whom he saw as informants or other non-rampaging creatures.

He calls in a favor from Aniz--his wife has turned out to be a rather nasty succubus, and Cid probably can't defeat someone who knows him so well at his advanced age.  Would Aniz mind coming by and capturing his wife?

But all this is far too HaPpY! and I think it's much more likely that Aniz is a total b*stard, and he's doing what he's doing because he's a dick.  Honestly, I don't see why some people have such a hard time with the fact that Aniz is probably a jerk.

(I have a problem with him suddenly becoming so impulsive, but not with him being a jerk)

Quote from: Rambon on April 29, 2007, 09:52:39 PM*Edit* oh ya, superluser it's just me or is it, like father like son?

*Is confused*

Manawolf

See, it took Aridas to finally say it.  If they're related, they would have the same clan marking.  That's how it works.