04/13/07 [CVRPG #515] - Amends

Started by Starcat5, April 13, 2007, 12:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

Well, this is interesting. Doubble or nothing says Darkmoon screws this up somehow.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Castle Pokemetroid

He always dose for some reason . . . Maybe this time he won't?

Destina Faroda

I thought that it was possible for Raye to have gotten a soul.  But I never would have expected Darkmoon to be the one to "curse" her with one.  In the scenario I had imagined she would have gotten one on her own as Spike did on Buffy.  So this was completely unexpected.

Then again, it does raise a whole LOT of questions, such as why Darkmoon has chosen Raye as his "guinea pig"?  Why not try it on a lesser vampire to make sure it works, and if it doesn't, then he knows not to do it again, and if it does, he can make the moral descision as to whether to ensoul an enemy vampire (assuming it's weakened/unaware enough to try) or to kill it?

Oh wait, I think I answered my own question.  He wouldn't want to bother having to make that choice.

Then again there's another implication to this ability.  If Darkmoon can ensoul and he combined his magic with Katrina's spell casting ability, would havok they be able to do wreak?  An army of ensouled undead (look out Link!)?  Or perhaps the abilities wouldn't combine to ensoul more targets, but to restore more "difficult" targets, ones that would be normally be able to be resored with a Gypsy curse.  What would the Devil say about the losing of his potential servants?

And if it doesn't work (or appears not to work initially), then does it mean that Katrina will end the battle, leaving Raye running in defeat, leaving the conscience to grow at her slowly rather than more or less all at once as it did with Darkmoon?

One comic, so many questions!
Sig coming...whenever...

GabrielsThoughts

Raye is clearly  :mwaha nuts, being a vampire just hid it well.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Destina Faroda

516 brings even more questions...I didn't even think it was possible for a soul to co-exist with a demon.  Wouldn't one automatically push the other out?  And since Raye is older than Darkmoon, wouldn't her demon be stronger and win any fight with a soul?

Then again, even if the soul and demon were evely matched, that must be one powerful and/or tenacious conscience.  I have to wonder if Raye possessed a similarly strong conscience, and she possesses a strong enough presence of mind to run away.  Now I really want to know Raye's backstory.  Up until now I though she had been a pet project of Dracula's of sorts, a once relatively normal young woman he fashioned into his perfect daughter and enforcer.  Now I think there may be more.

Also, I wonder what Darkmoon would have been like had he kept his demon and the soul, considering how much of a scoundrel he is even without it.

Let me just say, these last few comics of Year One are great.  You've actually made me forget about the end of the "regular adventures."
Sig coming...whenever...

Seth C Triggs

Wow, looks like there's a LOT of suck for Raye there...ouch.

I almost feel sorry for her!

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Darkmoon

Quote from: Destina Faroda on April 16, 2007, 12:20:49 PM
516 brings even more questions...I didn't even think it was possible for a soul to co-exist with a demon.  Wouldn't one automatically push the other out?  And since Raye is older than Darkmoon, wouldn't her demon be stronger and win any fight with a soul?

Then again, even if the soul and demon were evely matched, that must be one powerful and/or tenacious conscience.  I have to wonder if Raye possessed a similarly strong conscience, and she possesses a strong enough presence of mind to run away.  Now I really want to know Raye's backstory.  Up until now I though she had been a pet project of Dracula's of sorts, a once relatively normal young woman he fashioned into his perfect daughter and enforcer.  Now I think there may be more.

Also, I wonder what Darkmoon would have been like had he kept his demon and the soul, considering how much of a scoundrel he is even without it.

Let me just say, these last few comics of Year One are great.  You've actually made me forget about the end of the "regular adventures."

This is just one of those cases where I can't really say anything. To do so would give away things I'm keeping secret.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

GabrielsThoughts

in other words you just got a wicked idea,  to make it your own you must develop the illusion that you are a mysteriously omnipotent being...am I getting warmer?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

Actually, no. This is a case where I've been plotting something since the very beginning, and I may or may not ever do it, but the groundwork has been laid that even if I never do it, I can't exactly talk about it now.

Castle Pokemetroid

You know, in these comics, Dmoon acually looks cool and not as much goofy... Is it just me?

Nimrods Son

a sad thing the side-story "Darkmoon + Raye" has to end sometime soon. Though it kinda only reflects the more "serious" affair between Angel and the other chick.
My head hurts, I'm starting to forget comic heroes' names! THAT 'S NOT GOOD!

Darkmoon