So a coyote walks into a restaurant...

Started by Cvstos, April 07, 2007, 12:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cvstos

... and I'm not kidding.  A couple days ago a coyote walked casually into a restaurant.  Specifically a Chicago Quiznos.  It strolled up to the cooler and hopped in for a sit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17950832/

That's a link to the story.  There's a video there as well.  Too bad Quiznos doesn't serve road runner. ;)
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Jim Halisstrad

Thats pretty amusing.
And the coyote wasn't hurt, that makes me happy :3

xHaZxMaTx

I didn't even know coyotes were native to Chicago. :P

Paladin Sheppard

Aridas

They should've left him alone to keep cool.

superluser

``And I'll also have a SoBe...no, that's all right, you keep it.  I'll just do without.''

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on April 07, 2007, 12:58:03 AMThat be one cool Coyote! :3

Five minutes in the punalty box!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

thegayhare

Quote from: superluser on April 07, 2007, 01:02:26 AM
``And I'll also have a SoBe...no, that's all right, you keep it.  I'll just do without.''

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on April 07, 2007, 12:58:03 AMThat be one cool Coyote! :3

Is that the one with the coyote in it?

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: superluser on April 07, 2007, 01:02:26 AM

Nah, he's just chillin'.

Jim Halisstrad

Saist

Well, that Coyote certain has something to howl about now.

Valynth

phe, thats nothing.  Down here deer run though stores and actually cause damages due to their running.  And hopefully I've broken this thread's puny ways.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Valynth on April 07, 2007, 04:20:16 AM
phe, thats nothing.  Down here deer run though stores and actually cause damages due to their running.  And hopefully I've broken this thread's puny ways.

I doubt it. We're pretty much all incorrigible punsters, here. After all, who would we incorrige, otherwise?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

I rember when a male buck ran through a spencers once breaking everything

Faerie Alex

I head one about a cougar in Central Park (Manhattan). I'm still surprised it was able to cross a bridge without anyone noticing.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Illusionist

A fox walked into M&S (in Bluewater) recently.

It went to sleep in one of the window displays.

Aisha deCabre

Aw, sleeping in the cooler, that's so cute!  :U  You gotta love it sometimes when there are animals who show no fear of humans.  Always fascinating.

'Course the closest kinda experience we get where I am is a possum walking across someone's yard.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Illusionist on April 07, 2007, 10:54:50 AM
A fox walked into M&S (in Bluewater) recently.

Neat.  Have you got a news article about that?

And yeah, nice one with the coyote.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

thegayhare

last fall a moose walked threw my yard to watch football practice

EvilIguana966

Coyotes are nearly genetically identical to domestic dogs.  This one was apparently even more so than most.  He was hot, so he plopped down by the nearest human-created cooling device and took a little nap.  Mine do that all the time, so who knows, maybe he wouldn't have minded if the patrons gave him a few scritchies on the neck and behind the ears.  Of course, being a wild canine he would be the one who decides when YOU start and stop serving him, but otherwise he's (almost) just like Fido!

Seriously though, coyotes and wolves tend to get portrayed as a lot more ferocious than they really are.  Not that I recommend testing them too closely.  Their main conflict with us anymore is that they appreciate a lot of the same foods that we do, only a bit rarer. 

GabrielsThoughts

that poor deluded coyote. honestly Quizno's sandwiches are disgusting, as anyone who has eaten their prime rib can tell you. the meat they use (at least in the few sandwiches I've eaten at one particular store) isn't lean. meaning it is mostly processed  animal fat, possibly 45% meat,  and tastes positively disgusting. I don't care how toasty their sandwiches are, that's no excuse for poor quality meat.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

bill

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 07, 2007, 03:34:57 PM
that poor deluded coyote. honestly Quizno's sandwiches are disgusting, as anyone who has eaten their prime rib can tell you. the meat they use (at least in the few sandwiches I've eaten at one particular store) isn't lean. meaning it is mostly processed  animal fat, possibly 45% meat,  and tastes positively disgusting. I don't care how toasty their sandwiches are, that's no excuse for poor quality meat.
You are tripping, I assume. Quizno's subs are amazing.  :U

xHaZxMaTx

bill

Saist

Quote from: BillBuckner on April 07, 2007, 05:44:49 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 07, 2007, 03:34:57 PM
You are tripping, I assume. Quizno's subs are amazing.  :U

I dunno... I've eaten at Quizno's on both the east and west coast.  The west coast subs have always... well... they don't taste the same really. I've always figured it was my imagination playing tricks on me.

A lot of the food quality is also dependent on the quality of the store. If you have an owner or a set of managers who don't care about the food, Quizno's can be as bad as Subway. (yes, I went there).

If you have an owner or managers who do care, then you can get a great tasting sub.

bill

The Ultimate Italian subs at the one I go to (Nashua, NH) are amazing.

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on April 07, 2007, 02:48:47 PMlast fall a moose walked threw my yard to watch football practice

Did anyone try to carve their initials in it?

Quote from: Evil.Iguana on April 07, 2007, 02:59:33 PMThis one was apparently even more so than most.  He was hot, so he plopped down by the nearest human-created cooling device and took a little nap.

Here's the thing, though.  How would he have known that the inside of the cooler was cold unless he'd done it before?  Also, it's not very hot out right now.  The coyote would probably be more likely to find a steam grate to lie down on.

Also also: as to subs, can we all agree that Blimpie subs are the worst?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I've had Subway in the UK and NZ. NZ beats anything else, hands down - the UK ones just have inferior ingredients.

As for food in the states? Well... I've only eaten in Maui, so I dunno about fast food over there, but I hear it's pretty substandard. I -do- think the mangoes are nice, particularly when you pull them off the tree yourself...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Fast food is actually pretty good as a substitute for actual food.

Brunhidden

this brings back bad memories of my youth. coyotes were a big problem, being one of the only animals around that approached our house. not only did they approach, they also looked in the windows, and of course on the dark extra creepy nights they would paw at the bedroom window and make very hungry sounding noises.

coyotes are a bit odd, their lack of fear for human establishments mean they get lots of territory other animals don't get, they have access to a wide variety of small domestic animals, other predators leave them alone, all the garbage they can eat, and oh yeah the guns.

it says something about a predator when it can have its but whupped by an 8 year old boy who does not have a firearm, what it says is not very positive but it says it nonetheless.

QuoteI came, I saw, I got the T-shirt
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Kenji

Reminds me of that one comedian who had that joke that was along the lines of "If I was working at a store and a duck come in and took a loaf of bread..... I'd let him go." >.>