(OLD news) So-called pundits make me lose faith in humanity.

Started by Aridas, March 27, 2007, 11:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITOS

This is the part that I don't get:

QuoteI really fear for the United States because, believe me, the jihadists? They're not playing the video games. They're killing real people over there.

So does he want us to put down our games so that we can go and kill people for real or does he want us to send our games to the "jihadists"? :razz
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Cvstos

I wonder if that got him a World's Worst Person in the World award from Keith Olbermann for that day...
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Reese Tora

Darn those kids and thier new-fangled phonographs/cassette players/CD players and thier darn Jazz/Rock/Hiphop/Rap music.  They'll be the downfall of the nation, mark my words.

The ravings of an old man on his porch step, disseminated via mass media.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Aridas

What I don't get is why he's so worked up over people playing video games instead of doing drugs...

EvilIguana966

O'Reilly tends to be on the correct side of the political isle, but he seems to get stuck on certain issues that he really doesn't understand.  When you are more knowledgeable about a subject he is railing against, it is often painful to listen to him.  Some of what he is saying here merits consideration, but he doesn't seem to be considering those points constructively.  Of course, he could be far worse, but he's still being far from helpful.  I do think he tries to be fair, but his biases keep him from getting there sometimes, just like they do for all of us. 

Ryudo Lee

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Valynth

Okay, video games!=drugs.  For one thing video games don't have the physical chemical addiction of things like opium or alcohol.  For another, it's simply entertainment, something to get you away from the real world for awhile.  If you're gonna get on to games for that, why not get on to television?  Or art? Or movies?  Or fictional literature?

All these things were made for entertainment, to escape from reality and be happy for a few moments.

Will some abandon reality all together?  Yeah, Alonso Quixano proves that this was possible long before games were availible.

If you don't know who that is, read a freakin' book.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)