Er...I think my building's on fire.

Started by superluser, March 05, 2007, 01:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

It would explain why there are firemen are dragging a hose through the corridors and why I'm smelling smoke.

I should probably get to a safe place, but I'm really tired, and I think they have it under control.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

better to be safe than sorry and dead.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 05, 2007, 01:36:31 AMbetter to be safe than sorry and dead.

Being dead means never having to say you're sorry.

I'm dressed for bed, and it is quite cold outside.  The problem is that if I spend the time getting dressed to go outside, and then spend the time getting undressed, I'm liable to lose a lot of time, for a fire that probably isn't that big of a deal, anyways.

They're dragging the fire hose out, so it looks like I'm safe.

Stygian

You know, I usually say that everything depends on circumstances. Now, I also say that when it comes to important things, your own personal comfort can go shit itself. So... What kind of building do you live in, and how do you actually "dress for bed"?

Eibborn

I think that it is simply hilarious that you chose to post on a forum regarding the burning building that you are in rather than fleeing aforementioned building. At least open a window or something, as a precaution against toxic gases!
/kicks the internet over

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: superluserOh look, my building's on fire, I should tell the interwebs!
:giggle

superluser

Quote from: Stygian on March 05, 2007, 02:17:26 AMYou know, I usually say that everything depends on circumstances. Now, I also say that when it comes to important things, your own personal comfort can go shit itself. So... What kind of building do you live in, and how do you actually "dress for bed"?

Well, my building used to be a Baptist seminary, and now it's apartments.  And don't want this to turn into ``what are you wearing,'' but I sleep about two steps up from nude.

It's not just uncomfortable to be in 20F weather (15F with the wind chill) dressed like that.  It's downright dangerous.  So I have to decide.  Do I want to die in a fire or die of exposure after getting fined for indecent exposure, or do I want to get dressed, only to find that by the time I'm dressed, the fire's out and I can get undressed.

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on March 05, 2007, 02:37:50 AM
Quote from: superluserOh look, my building's on fire, I should tell the interwebs!
:giggle

Well, it's in the tradition of I burned myself while cooking, my boss locked himself inside the office, or my car was totalled.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on March 05, 2007, 06:22:24 AM
Well, it's in the tradition of I burned myself while cooking, my boss locked himself inside the office, or my car was totalled.

I disagree with the latter. If it had been "well, my car is currently being totalled" that might be comparable...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

"Whoops, my plane is crashing."
"Whoops, I'm suffering an aneurysm."
"Whoops, I'm currently being arrested for 7 counts of murder in the first degree."

superluser

Just an update...it looks like the fire might not have been an accident.  :<

Tiny crested flint