Well, that was fun.

Started by Tapewolf, January 30, 2007, 02:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I just had a call from my boss about an hour ago asking if I could please come and let him out of the building.  Fortunately it was just the office keys he'd forgotten - if he'd lost his car keys as well he might have had to sleep on the sofa  :rolleyes

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ITOS

Let him out?

???
:erk

Wouldn't it be a fire safety hazard if you couldn't get out without a key?
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tapewolf

Quote from: ITOS on January 30, 2007, 03:05:41 PM
Let him out?

Wouldn't it be a fire safety hazard if you couldn't get out without a key?

Funnily enough we were discussing that this afternoon.  Basically, yes - it is, since there is no fire-escape in that part of the building.
We do have contingency plans for that, i.e. smashing the front windows and sliding down the outbuilding roof into the fishpond, but essentially, yes.

I'm slightly bewildered as to how the company we're leasing it from has got away with that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2007, 03:26:10 PMWe do have contingency plans for that, i.e. smashing the front windows and sliding down the outbuilding roof into the fishpond, but essentially, yes.

Huh.  I hope they have safety glass in those windows, and not sheet glass, or else you're going to get some claymore-sized shards from that.

I didn't know that Yancey-Hausman even owned buildings in Wales.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Okays Tape you putted a smile on my face....But seriously...Thats sucks to hell

Boog

There's a funny story. You remembered to negotiate for a raise before picking him up, yes?