A total loss

Started by Azlan, February 17, 2007, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azlan

A book has closed on American muscle cars, at least for me.  My insurance company has declared my Trans Am a total loss, she will be sorely missed.

Keeping all the import verse domestic, Chevy verse Ford conflict out of it (at least in respect for the death of a treasured car), has anyone here ever owned any fast cars?  If so what were/are they?
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

xHaZxMaTx

I have never owned a car, but my mom has a 1964.5 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 V8 3-Speed Manual. >:3

Netami

I own a Toyota Matrix. It cost 15K. It gets great mileage. Sometimes, I go 75 miles per hour.

If you need faster than that, you either live in a really fun place or you want to break the law often.

Turnsky

my mother once drove a Jaguar XJ series car with a Daimler Double-six under the hood, that's right, a Twelve Cylinder engine, it was my grandfather's, they sold it though.. it ate fuel like it was going out of fashion.

in australia it's Ford Vs Holden, mind you holden's still GM. We race our V8's on F1 rated Circuits, too.

for the majority of fast cars, the usual plethora of japanese imports are in my local area, Skylines, Imprezas, Lancers, that kinda thing, there was that viper i spotted 'round here once, too.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Supercheese

My dad had an RX7... but he sold it before I was born.  :<

I mean, c'mon, couldn't he have kept it for 16+ years for me? xD

Azlan

Quote from: Supercheese on February 18, 2007, 02:27:35 PM
My dad had an RX7... but he sold it before I was born.  :<

I mean, c'mon, couldn't he have kept it for 16+ years for me? xD

The only truly fast RX-7s came out of the 90s. 

Quote from: Turnsky on February 18, 2007, 08:18:19 AM
my mother once drove a Jaguar XJ series car with a Daimler Double-six under the hood, that's right, a Twelve Cylinder engine, it was my grandfather's, they sold it though.. it ate fuel like it was going out of fashion.

in australia it's Ford Vs Holden, mind you holden's still GM. We race our V8's on F1 rated Circuits, too.

for the majority of fast cars, the usual plethora of japanese imports are in my local area, Skylines, Imprezas, Lancers, that kinda thing, there was that viper i spotted 'round here once, too.

I am well aware of Holden, GMs Pontiac line tried to pass the Minaro off on the US... it was rather a failure.  What appeals to the Aussies does not necessarily work for the Yanks.

Neni wants a Jaguar, specifically an XJS line car, but I've persuaded her otherwise.

Quote from: Netami on February 18, 2007, 01:56:11 AM
I own a Toyota Matrix. It cost 15K. It gets great mileage. Sometimes, I go 75 miles per hour.

If you need faster than that, you either live in a really fun place or you want to break the law often.

In San Diego, we occasionally have racing events.  It is nice to speed around a track. 

My TA unfortunately locked the passenger side rear drive wheel due to a malfunction in the limited slip differential during a rain.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Zorro

'71 Boss 351 Mustang and numerous other Mustangs.

A few souped up 302 V8 Mavericks.

Several overpowered trucks.

Turnsky

Quote from: Azlan on February 18, 2007, 02:53:38 PM

I am well aware of Holden, GMs Pontiac line tried to pass the Minaro off on the US... it was rather a failure.  What appeals to the Aussies does not necessarily work for the Yanks.

i gathered as much, the Monaro's pretty popular here, as it's an Iconic aussie car, basically the monaro is to us, as, say the Chevy Camero is to americans.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Distracting

Ugh...everyone where I live is either rich or poor. I can't tell you how many old people I see in Escalades and the amazing amount of junk/mediocre cars. It's kinda cool to see a line of Vipers going down the road though.

As for now, I'm just driving a van my parents have until I get better.

Ryudo Lee

Shame to hear that Azlan.

My mom owned an old mustang... a '60-something, canary yellow, convertable if I remember correctly.  Shame it was stolen.  My parents did a lot of stuff with that car.  My dad used to fix it a lot, and since he used to run parts for a local parts store, he would get his parts for a discount.  Unfortunately, every single time he needed to get something for that mustang that was absolutely necessary for it to run, no one had it in stock.  But if it was ornamental, it was on the shelf.  Every time.

As for myself, the best I ever had was a '94 Chevy Beretta, but it too ended up being a total loss after some guy sideswiped me.  And I wanted to put some work into that car... ah well.  Now I'm stuck with an Oldsmobile... POS.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!