voyeursexual
6 (13.3%)
gay...for Abel
13 (28.9%)
unsure
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Brunhidden

I seriously expected a greater percentage of the poll to show females. maybe theyre either scared of this thread, lied on the poll, or a hefty chunk of the 'girls' we see around here are actually 34 year old men wearing "yiff me" shirts. Please, for the love of Odin let it be one of the first two.

its looking like as time progresses people think that homosexuality is 'normal' and 'mainstream' and that heterosexuals are 'downright weird'. eh, not really, but its good to see that homosexuality is tolerated so, my theory on this is that 'normal' will soon be defined as "Yes, I prefer sexual intercourse with the opposite gender and find them hot, but I also find some members of my own gender attractive and admire them even though I probably would never engage in sexual intercourse with them....unless i was really drunk"

as long winded as that statement is i find it applies to me. and thank Frigg for that, if i wern't so open i would freak out the way that gay furrs tend to flock to me like vultures to roadkill.

QuoteA smiling face is half the meal.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gabi

I have nothing against homosexuality. I've never had intimate contact with another female (unless nursing counts but I was too young to remember it) and I don't know if I would like it or not. I'd rather be with a man, but that may be because it makes life easier and also because that way we may have children someday. If there weren't so many people who think it's sick and so many who think it's a disgrace to the family, and if it didn't make virtually everyone see you differently one way or another, I might be bisexual. I guess it's something I'll never know. Luckily for me, I'm not homosexual, so I can keep hoping to find the right guy someday.

Also, this is the first time I've voiced those thoughts in public. I hope it doesn't turn against me.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think the furry community is already very open, generally speaking, and hence is likely to be more tolerant of other ideas - you know, like the ones that the world is flat, or that men might like other men, or that the world goes around the sun - all the unusual ideas are out there and acceptable, as long as you accept that other people may disagree, and that's ok.

It's interesting, in a general way, that the community that is most lambasted for being perverted and sick is the one that's most likely to say "well, you're welcome to be perverted and sick in your own special way, as long as everyone agrees to it beforehand" - and the community that is -supposed- to be open and forgiving is the one saying "burn in hell, motherfsckers!"

Funny how people are, isn't it?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Well, most of the people I know personally don't even think hell exists, but either feel sorry for gay people and their families or find them disgusting and hope none of them gets too close. I find the latter disgusting myself.

The first guy I fell in love with turned out to be gay. That was quite frustrating, but I didn't see him as a different person because of that. We're still friends. I just never told him what I once felt for him because it wouldn't do anyone any good.

Now, about what llearch said... people who have been discriminated know what it feels like and are often more careful not to do that to others. Often, but not always. I know it's my case, as many have discriminated me for being Jewish so I know quite well how stupid that is and how much it can hurt, but I have some close family members who don't hesitate to pay it forward (of course they often think they're paying it back, but since they aim at whole communities, they're just doing the same thing).

Reese Tora

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on February 24, 2007, 07:53:16 AM
I seriously expected a greater percentage of the poll to show females. maybe theyre either scared of this thread, lied on the poll, or a hefty chunk of the 'girls' we see around here are actually 34 year old men wearing "yiff me" shirts. Please, for the love of Odin let it be one of the first two.

its looking like as time progresses people think that homosexuality is 'normal' and 'mainstream' and that heterosexuals are 'downright weird'. eh, not really, but its good to see that homosexuality is tolerated so, my theory on this is that 'normal' will soon be defined as "Yes, I prefer sexual intercourse with the opposite gender and find them hot, but I also find some members of my own gender attractive and admire them even though I probably would never engage in sexual intercourse with them....unless i was really drunk"

as long winded as that statement is i find it applies to me. and thank Frigg for that, if i wern't so open i would freak out the way that gay furrs tend to flock to me like vultures to roadkill.

41 responses specifically male or previously male

13 responses specifically female

26 responses not revealing physical sex

For myself, I picked one response indicating male and two not indicating anything

if all the ambiguouys answers were counted female, you would have 41 to 39

bear in mind each respondant is allowed up to five selections, any most ptobably picked only one

It would probably be more clear if this were a multi-question single-answer poll insrtead of a single-question multi-answer question.

For myself, I would suggest that the females in our midst are simply more noticable than the multitude of males, either through higher levels of activity or by making more noticable posts when they do post.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Supercheese

I only picked one answer: male & straight.

I find some of the responses to this thread to be extremely humorous, though.  :giggle

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Reese Tora on February 24, 2007, 02:03:54 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on February 24, 2007, 07:53:16 AM

41 responses specifically male or previously male

13 responses specifically female

26 responses not revealing physical sex

For myself, I picked one response indicating male and two not indicating anything

if all the ambiguouys answers were counted female, you would have 41 to 39

Actually, 41:13 seems reasonably consistent with the 4:1 male to female ratio claimed on the forums.

QuoteFor myself, I would suggest that the females in our midst are simply more noticable than the multitude of males, either through higher levels of activity or by making more noticable posts when they do post.

Never thought about that myself, but that is a point.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Shadrok

straight , male

I'm also a Straight Artist too, meaning I'll likely draw more females then males (even more so in the more adult spectrum of my art.)

Blazehawk

Bi female, but really just bi-curious, as I seem to frighten most other women and haven't any experience with them at all.  :P

Darkmoon

I didn't pick an answer anywhere near where I am. But, I only felt like saying one thing, and "Gay for Abel" was too good not to vote.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Nikki

Quote from: Seraline on February 25, 2007, 12:00:39 AM
Bi female, but really just bi-curious, as I seem to frighten most other women and haven't any experience with them at all.  :P
*nods in agreement*

unless you count me making out with my best friend for $50....

Truthfully, i'm selectively bi V.V

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Zedd

Wouldnt you like to know...*giggle*

King Of Hearts

Kasarn

Gabi

I think everyone is selective, Xze. Or at least everyone who has any self esteem. Not being selective would mean everyone is the same to you.

And Shadrok, drawing someone is not a sexual practice, you can draw males without anyone thinking you feel attracted to them.

Personally, I don't mind drawing anyone. I'm not artistically selective. :P Well... unless I find them really gross or something like that.

On the romantic field, however, I'm VERY selective.

Kenji

Quote from: Gabi on February 25, 2007, 08:41:22 AM
And Shadrok, drawing someone is not a sexual practice, you can draw males without anyone thinking you feel attracted to them.

Heh. Equidna would have to disagree. :T

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think everyone is selective, Xze. Or at least everyone who has any self esteem. Not being selective would mean everyone is the same to you.

Nah. I'm not selective, I hate everyone equally. *shrug*

Gabi

Of course you do. *Pats the box.*

Arcalane

Quote from: Seraline on February 25, 2007, 12:00:39 AM

It's probably the whips and leather that scare them, y'know. :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Either that or the smiley face you have on that gimp mask in your handbag....

Darkmoon

I'm more afraid of the dildo gag and the pamphlet on CPR.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Stygian

So the tiger balm, the frozen herring and the helium tube are okay with you?

[starts to sing "Stuck in the middle with you"...]

Shadrok

Shadrok, drawing someone is not a sexual practice, you can draw males without anyone thinking you feel attracted to them.

What I ment was you're more likely to see me draw more straight art then gay art. Not to say I won't ever draw gay art, just that it's not something I tend to draw too often is all.

**EDIT**
Quote from: Stygian on February 25, 2007, 07:13:48 PM
[starts to sing "Stuck in the middle with you"...]

Stygian, now I have that song stuck in my head.
["Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right"...]

vulpesweasel

me, I'm bi, but most people would say i'm gay just cause I lean towards that more. It's really sad how badly everyone accepts sexuality in today's world. You know, a long time ago, people were divided by their race. Today, it'd orientation. I've been bi since 7th grade, but where I used to go to a christian school, i never could tell anyone. And it made me so sad when the class would bring up the discussion of gay marraige and the teachers would talk about how sinful and wrong it was. I personally don't believe it is. Everyone would say I was wrong and foolish for my beliefs, and it hurt, cause on the inside this is how I am. But it simply amazes me how a generation that sccepts so many things as normal can say something like oreintation is wrong. Who are we to judge? Everyone has their own personal feelings about it, and I believe it should be kept to themselves. Well, i'm gonna stop now, cause I  could go on forever.

Aridas

Well, as the saying goes; Homophobia is gay.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*shrug*

"Judge not, lest you be judged yourself. Unless you're gay, or a minority, in which case you're bad and wrong and you're gonna burn in hell..."

... yeah. I'll subscribe to that. No, really....

Not.

bill

As a practicing Christian, I place myself in the aptly named "Couldn't-give-two-shits-camp"(I named it meself!) about gay marriage and such. Many Christians tend to be amazingly melodramatic about this matter, and others.

Gabi

I'm Jewish, so I don't have enough of a base to participate in the discussion about Christianity.

But did you know that two young women, one Jewish and one Catholic, got married at a Lutheran church in Buenos Aires not long ago?

xHaZxMaTx

Eating shellfish is a sin, too.  Anyone who has ever eaten shrimp, lobster, crawdads, etc. is going to burn in hell! >:O

bill

That's an Old Testament law, and is obsolete according to the NT. Soz.