Forum Five Hundred

Started by Tiny crested flint, February 16, 2007, 02:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny crested flint

OMG!!!  The next new member will be the 500th! :eager :eager  Is this a good thing or a bad thing?!?!  Should we prepare?!?! Am I overreacting?!?! I CAN'T TELL!, but it seems like a momentous occasion.
                                          :ipod party party party :ipod

Jim Halisstrad

I'm going to start holding secret bets on which Mod breaks down and cries first :D

xHaZxMaTx

llearch n'n'daCorna

*disables registration for new members for a week*

wot?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 16, 2007, 02:23:14 AM
$50 on Bill. :3
No, see, I would have, but now I won't, just to spite you.   :giggle

Darkmoon

Naw, I just purged a few members, thus negating the purpose of this post.

:mwaha
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Tiny crested flint

So I was overreacting? I am now null and void and to be ignored.:> I assume you were just doing your job. No big deal man. So, who'd you drop?

Darkmoon

No, I was doing it to be a dick. You'll come to learn I do most things for that reason.

Tiny crested flint

O RLY? betcha that I WON'T LEARN!! :B

Azlan

Quote from: Density D. on February 17, 2007, 02:21:13 AM

Silence fool!  The despot had been reasonably quiet as of late, do not poke a juggernaut.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Damaris

*shifty look*

*pokes Dmoon*

:mwaha

I think it's my fault that he's been so quiet lately.  I've been making him work on the house.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Zedd

Tiny crested flint

FULL CIRCLE!!! (unless you drop more)  We must all be nice to whoever comes after magpie_roost.  (or am i still overreacting?)

party :ipod

Tiny crested flint

GGAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! CRITICAL MASS HAS BEEN REACHED!!  Welcome Tilvan the Storyweaver, your first story is about how you are #500. 
And so the party begins  :ipod    Also, Dmoon in all your greatness and power, your efforts were still useless.  :mwaha

Aridas

I don't see how he could be making any efforts while not around.

TheGreyRonin

Shhh, let him have his moment...

Darkmoon

I put in effort? News to me.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*ponders deleting someone else.*

Arcalane

Quote from: Azlan on February 17, 2007, 08:05:18 PM
Quote from: Density D. on February 17, 2007, 02:21:13 AM

Silence fool!  The despot had been reasonably quiet as of late, do not poke a juggernaut.

"Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT, *****!"

:P

Faerie Alex

Are we going to have more than one 500th member? By what I can see, we're back down to 492.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Damaris

Actually, the 500th actual member passed quite a while ago.  Each member is issued a number when they apply, so the 500th member actually is not longer on the list (they were probably spam, or purged for not logging in) but number 1000 is AndrewTPB.  Tilvan, our newest member, is actually number 1087.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

TheGreyRonin

So still 500 active or semi-active users? Still quite an accomplishment, and a cause for celebration.

Damaris

Every few months or so we purge people who have no posts and have not lurked for three months.  However, law of averages on a forum say that usually no more than a fourth of recorded members are active at any given time. 

Darkmoon

And usually more like 1/10th to 1/20th are the active people.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think we're keeping this forum slightly more active than that. We've got 180 active in the last 4 days. That's not a bad ratio, I think.

240 in the last 12 days. 300 in the last 35 days. After that it gets a bit slow. :-)