Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keleth

I didn't even know there was a nationstates thing going on here.

You up for having a bit of a spaz in your ranks?
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

... It's been going on for a wee while, you know.

2006, I think.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ganurath

Quote from: Drathorin on June 05, 2009, 08:46:42 AM
I didn't even know there was a nationstates thing going on here.

You up for having a bit of a spaz in your ranks?
Oh, no, Nationstates is a completely different game, much more freeform, and more focused on roleplay.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Keleth

Sorry, I meant Cybernations :<

. . I fail at the english language.
Help! I'm gay!

Valynth

Quote from: Drathorin on June 06, 2009, 12:06:22 AM
. . I fail at the english language.

Then you'll fit right in.

The internet is english's tomb.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Keleth

Made a nation.

Kelethratika, unfortunately my resources are iron and Wine.

I'm tempted to maybe try deleteing it on the 10th and re-rolling to get new resources.

Not sure really :x
Help! I'm gay!

Magic

Orvael. Iron, Aluminum.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Darkdragon

Welcome to the game. It's time to remind Tezkat to update the guide (a lot of it hasn't changed; what comes to mind is that we aren't Elysium protectorates anymore). Consider tech trading, and accept my aid bonus :) (Unless you really want to delete your nation on the 10th; that's your call. There's no use sending 3 million if you're going to delete your nation :<)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Dark: I was going to organise a tech loop, along with, hopefully, a trade ring. Whilst I appreciate the intent, and don't object in anyway, it might be worth holding off on it just for a moment while we get sorted...

Or at least, don't send another one. ;-]

Keleth

Basically I'm waiting to hear what the big box in the sky wants me to do before I do any trades/deals/aid.

Because Iron and wine are pretty common, and as far as I can tell, not really worth having just yet.
Help! I'm gay!

Darkdragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 06, 2009, 04:47:36 PM
Dark: I was going to organise a tech loop, along with, hopefully, a trade ring. Whilst I appreciate the intent, and don't object in anyway, it might be worth holding off on it just for a moment while we get sorted...

Or at least, don't send another one. ;-]
Well, if you're worried about that messing up your trade loops, consider the first round of tech paid for. :)

Tezkat

Yay, new tech farms members! Welcome aboard! :kittycool

Aluminum/Iron is a good set. Iron and wine aren't that bad. Affluent Population got a big upgrade sometime last year, and it's much more popular now that the environment nerfs made industrial sets less appealing.

We should certainly take advantage of the newbies for a little tech trading. I'm collecting again on Tuesday when I grab my next wonder, so you've got a few days to think about how to organize things.

Quote from: Darkdragon on June 06, 2009, 04:25:11 PM
Welcome to the game. It's time to remind Tezkat to update the guide (a lot of it hasn't changed; what comes to mind is that we aren't Elysium protectorates anymore).

Yeah... the guide... um...

With the exception of the changes to the environment, which you can't do a whole lot about at low levels anyway, most of the guide is still accurate. In any event, it's locked and can't be modified anyway. :animesweat

Elysium no longer exists, so you need another warning in your nation descriptions. Something like Pegasus Member and/or PEACE Protectorate would be appropriate. You can combine them if you like (e.g. "Member of the Pegasus Protectorate Bloc"). With all the foreign aid, you'll grow quite quickly into the range where we or our allies can help you out militarily.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Doesn't look locked to me...

Tezkat

My clever plan to avoid more work foiled by those meddling mods! :dface

EDIT:

Some minor updates to the guide. If you guys have any suggestions for changes, let me know.

Incidentally, there are a number of guides, including a rather nice one for resources/trade sets, over at the Purple Unity Forums. You'll have to register to see them. You might need to request a mask to view them, though.

Keleth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 06, 2009, 09:01:35 PM
Doesn't look locked to me...

He would of gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling mods!

/shake fist

Though in all honesty? If Wine and Iron aren't that bad I'll keep it. And tech farm. Mostly because I'm lazy, but also because I love my nation description.
Help! I'm gay!

Kasarn

Well, as long as other people are joining, I might as well +1 this again.

Tezkat

Darkdragon

Welcome back. Would you like a 3 million stimulus package too?

Kasarn

Darkdragon

Hooray for lightning-fast responses!

Oh, though the aid giving I think our local ghost has been giving aid to the Knights of Ni! (a guild). Does someone want to divulge further?

llearch n'n'daCorna

News to me. Shall we organise a cleansing fire?

Darkdragon

Is there a way to kick the dissident out of the guild?

Keleth

Maybe with nuclear wissles
Help! I'm gay!

Magic

Scratch that. Missed on reading a detail.

Waiting for offers on techtrading.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm looking to set up a tech farm with Drathorin and Ink. I need a middleman, though. Any takers?

Tezkat

Middlemen? Why would we need those? We've got enough for a full 3x3 again... :3

In other news... now that we're in the loop again regarding the official PEACE candidates for senate, I created a new thread to keep track of them. I'll try to keep it updated each month.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... How would we run a 3x3, then?

Darkdragon

IIRC it runs like this:

Let there be three people who wishes to buy tech from N: A, B and C.
A pays 3 million to N.
N gives 50 tech to B.
N gives 50 tech to C.
Wait until aid expires.
Repeat changing the order of people.

Tezkat

We have done this before, ya know... :3

We have three newbies to farm, and at least three potential buyers (so there might be some sorting to do up top), but otherwise it's just a matter of deciding on the order.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, but it's been a while. ;-]