Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ganurath

Quote from: Valynth on August 09, 2008, 04:11:31 PM
Quote from: Tezkat on August 09, 2008, 02:56:22 PM
Ah, well... ambition is a virtue until it becomes annoying or dangerous. Just send them a polite "Thanks, but no thanks."

Spelling and grammar are also virtues, but these guys don't seem to care about them.

I vote that we ignore their request.
If we ignore it, they'll just repeat themselves. I vote for darkdragon's letter.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

llearch n'n'daCorna

To: llearch    From: Negros Cumbieros    Date: 8/15/2008 11:17:38 AM

Subject: Tech Trade

Message: Do you want a tech trade? send me 3millions/i send you 50 tech

... thought you all could do with a laugh.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Ooooh, pricey. Is that wartime inflation? :3
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

apparently so.

Personally, I'd rather get my trades sorted. Which reminds me...

Ganurath

What's with the global radiation quintupling?

Kasarn

Ganurath

...Nutmeg's Nipples! What's wrong with these people!?

Valynth

Quote from: Ganurath on August 16, 2008, 09:56:25 AM
...Nutmeg's Nipples! What's wrong with these people!?

Nutmeg's......I'm gonna have to remember that little expletive....

Anyway, they're in a state of total war so anything goes.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Tezkat

What? Global thermonuclear war is fun! :kittydevious

I haven't launched any of my own nukes yet, actually, Pegasus standing nuclear policy notwithstanding. Been too busy getting practice in conventional warfare. Hmm... maybe I'll ask my big opponent if he'd like to trade nukes. I'm feeling left out... >:]

Ganurath

Please, no more nukes, I like my enviromental bonuses.

Speaking of, would any of you be willing to use spies to change my favored government to Capitalist?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Rules about spy slot filling: Intra alliance spy operations are not permitted. This is deemed as spy slot filling and nations involved will receive an in-game warning. If nations are caught using spy operations on nations in an alliance they are allied to in the course of an inter alliance war they will receive an in-game warning for illegal spy slot filling. This is detailed in the Cyber Nations forums Game Rules Thread as well as line 16 of the site Terms and Conditions.

... and you're not in range anyway.

Darkdragon

Ugh, I got an event which made me lose more population and now I'm turning a loss even when I collect every day. This is silly!

Kasarn

Time for some conscripted tech farming! >:[

If all goes well:
Darkdragon gets 200 tech from lucas, James, Ganurath and fisherman
Tezkat gets 100 tech from lucas and James
Cogidubnus gets 50 tech from Ganurath
Valynth gets 50 tech from fisherman

Darkdragon

Hm, How will this work out, especially in light of the war?

Kasarn

Oh, were you planning on actually fighting with your 50 tech and negative net income?
Only fisherman and Valynth are fighting. fisherman shouldn't be having any problems, so it's a non-issue.

Valynth

Quote from: Kasarn on August 28, 2008, 09:35:33 PM
Oh, were you planning on actually fighting with your 50 tech and negative net income?
Only fisherman and Valynth are fighting. fisherman shouldn't be having any problems, so it's a non-issue.

Right now I'm not -truely- fighting, my enemy has no troops and doesn't look like he will any time soon.

Also....  What in the world is this for?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Kasarn

It's tech farming.

The main point is to get Darkdragon, who decided that he's too large to be a tech farm and is apparently running at a net loss (likely caused by having tanks, having too many soldiers and not having fish/wheat), additional happiness from having 200 tech.

Bumping it to 4 * 3m for 100 tech just seemed the obvious thing to do.

Ganurath

Cogidubnus doesn't seem to want the 50 tech...

Shadrok

Just made my nation of Tanagra, and ten minuets into its existence I already have three offers of alliance.
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=259636

I don't know if anyone needs aluminum or spice but I have them.

Darkdragon

Since Tezkat's not here, I'll give you the rundown - you're doing fine.

For starters, there's Tezkat's a bit outdated but still serviceable guide, which you can find here. You shouldn't need to put "Elysium Protectorate" in your description anymore, as we the PEGASUS agreement has been taken into effect which by its content means we are an Elysium (and Poseidon) Protectorate.

It isn't a very good time (as we are technically in a war - see the war thread) to start up, as we would usually be raining down cash to get you started. and by raining, I mean more than what you have now. Perhaps when llreach gets back you can get your boost-up money.  :)

The offers for joining alliances? Perfectly normal. Until you get here (and even after) you will see these continuously. Feel free to ignore them or write them a polite letter.

If you have any questions on the game, feel free to ask. Or check the wiki if we aren't around.
=======================================================
An update on my financial crisis - I'm short about $50 to breaking even. I'm waiting for James (I think - apologies to the fact that I can't make the link between the forum name and the nation names...) or perhaps wait for my minus Happiness event to expire some time in the second week of September...

Tezkat

Welcome aboard, Shadrok! Yeah, the guide is a bit out of date, but most of the stuff still applies to lower level nations.

Sent a few munnies to those who seemed to be in need... :mowcookie

Shadrok

Quote from: Tezkat on September 02, 2008, 01:23:25 AM
Welcome aboard, Shadrok! Yeah, the guide is a bit out of date, but most of the stuff still applies to lower level nations.

Sent a few munnies to those who seemed to be in need... :mowcookie

Thanks and thanks for the booster $ too. :mowcookie

I'll be coming out of peace mode soon so we'll see how long it takes before the first bombs drop, but before then I'll be add the "Defensive Mutually-Friendly Alliance" in my Alliance section tomorrow.

I'm thinking of not replying to the "Join us" PM's I've received since most look to be "copy, paste, send" in looks, so I doubt not replying will be noticed. Though Grand Admiral Bauer of Guru was the exception, I do think I'll reply with a "Sorry not interested message", the rest I think I'll ignore.

Tezkat

If you update your alliance tag, it's unlikely that anyone will attack you. The big war is mostly winding down, and only the stupid raiders take on nations with such big friends. I haven't had any targets in range for ages, and none of us are currently engaged.

You don't really need to reply to recruitment spam. All they do is monitor new nation creation and drop a form letter in your inbox. Personalized messages might merit a reply, but you're unlikely to get those at your level.

Do take the time to read my guide, though. It can get expensive to fix mistakes made early on.

Kasarn

Elysium has merged into TPF (link) and BAPS is now the Pegasus Flag Alliance (link).

Darkdragon

This section of the forums is rather dead, and I was wondering if I could make a humble suggestion: Since peace is more of the norm, it would be a good idea if we started trading tech again, which was put on hiatus due to war and has yet to restart.

lucas marcone

i'm up for tech farming. i have tech if you have cash.

also i'm not all too clear on the intricicies of blocs and stuff....if anyone could tell me the information that pertains to protectorates and blocs and who all we're aligned with so i don't war anyone who'll rip me a new one(not like i can or would but still)

James StarRunner

If we do another round of tech farming, this may be my last one before I start to collect it myself.

Also, I am nearing the 2999 infrastructure mark. Should I consider saving up for a wonder now before going up another 1k of infra? And if so, what's would be recommended?

Tezkat

Hmm... I'm up for tech trading and stuff. All I'm doing these days is collecting taxes once a week anyway. I've got loads of cash... :3

Quote from: lucas marcone on October 16, 2008, 02:31:10 AM
also i'm not all too clear on the intricicies of blocs and stuff....if anyone could tell me the information that pertains to protectorates and blocs and who all we're aligned with so i don't war anyone who'll rip me a new one(not like i can or would but still)

Er... currently, we're a Poseidon protectorate by way of BAPS and the Pegasus treaty, which essentially means we're aligned with the entire Purple sphere. It's a bad idea to attack anyone in an alliance without approval from the powers that be. Does that help?

Mao

Hey guys, I just registered for Cybernations.  I haven't started a nation yet (mainly because I haven't had time to read your guide) but just wanted to let you know. 

User:  Mao Laoren
Nation:  Nairo
Team: Purple

llearch n'n'daCorna