Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Well... we can't just leave him hanging there. :animesweat

I sent you some monies, James. You can safely spend up to $1.4 million or so of it without messing up any of our plans. You may want to at least build up enough to buy a harbour, so you can set up your trades.

Since this thread is so huge and unwieldy, I put together all the new player info into a confenient reference thread[url] to help you get started.
:mowcookie
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

James StarRunner

Ah, thanks. That guide simplifies some things.

Also, I find I can't aid back to give ya some tech. Gotta wait 10 (or 11) days.  :rolleyes

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yup. If Kasarn agrees, you can chip back 50 to him, and 50 to me.

Next time around, I'll cough up, and you can chip back to Kasarn and Tez. And the next after that, Kasarn pays, and you send back to me and Tez.

Tez: wanna cough up for Darkdragon as well? Or do we wait until Kasarn speaks up?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kasarn

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 06, 2008, 02:46:18 AM
Also, I find I can't aid back to give ya some tech. Gotta wait 10 (or 11) days.  :rolleyes

It's 10 days. There used to be a bug which simply meant that, on the 10th day, you had to delete the expired aid before you could send again. However, it was fixed not too long ago:
Quote4-1-2008
- Corrected a bug with the foreign aid feature of the game as detailed in this thread that would require players to delete their expired aid slots in order to make new foreign aid offers.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... does that mean you're in for this tech tax dodge?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 06, 2008, 08:35:28 AM
Tax evasion?  In a game?  Awesome!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Hehehe... Tax evasion indeed. Ya, I think I'll sell you guys cheap tech for awhile since it's near pointless for you to purchase your own.

Kasarn

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 06, 2008, 08:35:28 AM

I guess so.

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 06, 2008, 05:24:55 AM
Tez: wanna cough up for Darkdragon as well? Or do we wait until Kasarn speaks up?

Done. :mowcookie

Oh, and James... it's best not to bring your tech levels above 50 (or, at least, not significantly above 50) when you're doing the tech selling thing. Just keep buying up to 50, sending it off, and buying it back up to 50 again. Rinse, repeat... But do remember to collect taxes at a point where you're still at 50.

Darkdragon

Since I can somehow now seem to be able to post on the forum while at school, I'd like to drop a few notes:

I received the 3 mil from Tezkat. I sent 50 tech to Kasarn, but I would need him to accept my offer for me to start from something close to zero and buy 50 tech to collect taxes and send to llearch.

(I get the feeling that we might need a thread to follow up on this to ensure more accurate timing in later rounds so that all transactions can be held on one day as to not delay the 10-day limit by going past 12:00 am)

llearch n'n'daCorna

GLU says we're live.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=22082

PEACE and PEGASUS are now in the open.

... I must talk to GLU about the naming in there...

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 07, 2008, 05:39:03 AM
GLU says we're live.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=22082

PEACE and PEGASUS are now in the open.

... I must talk to GLU about the naming in there...

It's your own fault, and you know it.

o/ Doormat :mowtongue

If anyone else has an account on the CN forums , by the way, it might be a good idea to pop in and show your support for the new treaties, just to give us a little more public exposure. :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

I can't -get- an account, because the address they send the email from is nonvalid; hence my mail server declines it. :-/

I don't have a problem with being labelled doormat. I have a problem with them listing me as "llearch, n'n'daCorna\nDoormat" instead of llearch n'n'daCorna, Doormat" ;-]

Tezkat

Quote from: Darkdragon on May 06, 2008, 02:47:44 PM
(I get the feeling that we might need a thread to follow up on this to ensure more accurate timing in later rounds so that all transactions can be held on one day as to not delay the 10-day limit by going past 12:00 am)

That's probably a good idea. I started a tech trading thread.

By the way, once James gets a Foreign Minstry, we could get a second simultaneous trade sequence going through, say, Cog and Valynth.

Round 1:

Tezkat sends $3 million to Cog and Valynth.
Cog sends $3 million to James.
Valynth sends $3 million to Darkdragon.
Darkdragon sends 50 tech to Cog.
James sends 50 tech to Valynth.

Round 2:

Darkdragon sends 50 tech to Valynth.
James sends 50 tech to Cog.
Valynth and Cog each send 50 tech to Tezkat.

In other words, James and Darkdragon each get $1.3-2 million aid profits, Cog and Valynth each get 50 tech, and Tezkat gets 100 tech. :3

Sound good? We can't really start until next week, but I do think it's a good idea to try to get our middle nations above the 500 tech mark.

Valynth

I'll be ready for this trading cycle once my eyes find their sockets again, darned cartoony body trying to ready a complicated plan...  I do understand my role though and it should stop the "Dentrinition needs tech badly" voice that comes on everytime I check my tech level.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

James StarRunner

Sounds good. I'll likely aim for the Foreign Ministry next then.

Great Lakes Union

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 07, 2008, 04:35:40 PM
I can't -get- an account, because the address they send the email from is nonvalid; hence my mail server declines it. :-/

I don't have a problem with being labelled doormat. I have a problem with them listing me as "llearch, n'n'daCorna\nDoormat" instead of llearch n'n'daCorna, Doormat" ;-]

I fixed it :P

Darkdragon

On a wholly different note, I'd like to ask how much the esteemed ones would suggest saving up to pass the 2999.99/3k infra jump?

Tezkat

Quote from: Darkdragon on May 09, 2008, 01:43:24 AM
On a wholly different note, I'd like to ask how much the esteemed ones would suggest saving up to pass the 2999.99/3k infra jump?

Hmm... I spent something like $15 mil and went straight to 3329.99 infra. I don't think such a large jump was actually necessary, though. I got raided the day before I'd originally planned to make the jump, and that put all my plans out of whack. :animesweat

A good rule of thumb is that the major infra jumps cost 1-2 weeks of income. I was taking in a mil or so a day back then, so... maybe $10 mil, give or take?

Great Lakes Union

Quote from: Darkdragon on May 09, 2008, 01:43:24 AM

Here is the link to the calculator that I used for jumps. http://www.mrfixitonline.com/cyber_nations/infrajumpcalculator.php

llearch n'n'daCorna

Next jump is at 8000 infra.
Total amount needed: $464,465,540.06

Hmm. That's a fairly large sum. *wince*

Great Lakes Union

You are free to go along till you hit 8k though, no need to jump till then.

llearch n'n'daCorna

True. Of course, that's a fair way away. Plus I need to keep working on saving for wonders, as well, and doing all these tech trades....

Tezkat

Elysium has declared war on the Finnish Cooperation Organization. Shall we offer our support? I'm not sure there's much we can do militarily, given how full FCO's war slots are at the moment, but the least we can do for our new allies is ask... :3

Valynth

....what the heck?  I went from collecting 2,500,000$ to getting 1,500,000$ today.  What the heck happened?

...Wait a sec, my population dropped!  what the heck?!  It was 36,000 last night and now it's 33,000!  No wars or anything!
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

5-19-2008
- Based on this suggestion environment effects to population and happiness have been updated. If you have a bad enviornment you will notice more of a decrease in population and happiness than before. The higher your population and happiness the more impact enviormnet will have.
- Nuclear weapons now have a higher environment impact the more nukes that you own. Lead reduces the nuke environment penalty by 50%.
- Monarchy no longer provides an environment bonus, it now provides a land bonus. Republic provides a spy bonus instead of improvement & wonder upkeep reduction. Revolutionary Government now also provides improvement & wonder upkeep reduction.
- Border Walls now provide +1 happiness instead of +2 happiness.

From the Game Update Log.

My own take has dropped, as well - from 57300 to 55800 or so, and from $99pp to $84, roughly. Which drops me from 5.6 million to 4.6 million, more or less.

I'm guessing environmental factors are going to become more important. :-/

Fresnor

These changes may ruin me.  I lost over 10 happiness, and am now getting a negative income after taxes.

Tezkat

I personally lost 10k citiziens and well over $1 mil/day in income after the change went into effect. :dface At my size, each environment point = ~4k citizens (5-6%). This change has a very significant impact on those maintaining larger armies. The more military you have, the less military you can have.  :B

If possible, I'd recommend not collecting taxes until Kevin tweaks some more. He must be inundated with complaints at the moment, and it's possible that the "fix" will be reversed or at least reduced.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Buying a bigger army means you can keep more army?

er...

Tezkat

Er... fixed. :animesweat

Crossing the 60% pop mark in troops drops your environment by 1 point, which drops your max pop by 5-6%, which drops your max troop capacity by a similar amount. My nation was practically in anarchy when I logged in, since I was at ~90% troops.