Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasarn

I'm very torn up over it :c
I bought a missile in order to console my researchers.

We spent a while painting NUCLEAR on it in big letters... but it's just not the same. :<

lucas marcone

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2007, 07:04:46 AM
Poor Kasarn.

My heart bleeds. :-P

Oh, and lucas? Look up. Just a little way, about three posts.

it's been long enough i thought you might have been able to aquire it. :mowwink

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: lucas marcone on September 18, 2007, 10:30:34 AM
it's been long enough i thought you might have been able to aquire it. :mowwink

see also here, and here, being where I started looking for internal-to-the-alliance trades.

I got 50, I didn't get the 8.52.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

I'm going to put out a standing offer of $1.5 million for 50 tech if any of you want a boost (over $600k profit if you start from 0). It's open ended. I expect to have plenty of cash on hand over the next week or so as I save up for the 4k infra jump, so just let me know when you're ready. Sell me as much as you want, whenever you want, and I'll keep buying (up to the limit of my foreign aid slots, of course). I need another 10k or so NS to go nuclear, and tech bloat is one of the fastest ways to get there. >:]

In other news, most of The Directorate folded back into the new Viridian Entente and cancelled all treaties. They have considerably more political presence in this incarnation. I guess that means we have to start looking elsewhere for safe allies. (Unless y'all are bored enough to consider jumping into a grand global conflict or two, that is... :3)

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd say yes, except it'd cost me close on 700k for 10 levels, let alone 50... ;-]

I -could- actually organise with someone else to buy from them at 1m/50, and sell to you at 1.5m/50, but that might be a touch sneaky.... ;-]

I -will- say that I'm happy to act as an intermediary for any of those transactions, and I'm also looking for someone still to sell me 8 levels of tech for 300k...

Tezkat

Heh... whatever works for you. I could let you skim a little off the top on the way up if you want to do the intermediary thing. At this level, we're limited more by the foreign aid system (max $3 million and/or 50 tech per transaction, 5 times per 10 or 11 days) than anything else.  I could actually afford to go higher, but $1.5 million is nice and round because I can split $3 mil two ways on the way down and cover two suppliers at a time.

Fresnor

I'd be available to do that, what with being at the bottom of the alliance.

llearch n'n'daCorna

My door is open, you both know where to find me. ;-]

lucas marcone

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 26, 2007, 05:13:26 PM

I -will- say that I'm happy to act as an intermediary for any of those transactions, and I'm also looking for someone still to sell me 8 levels of tech for 300k...

what happened to the 8 i aided you? or didn't you accept that time?

llearch n'n'daCorna

It sends you a message every time, lucas. You don't pay attention to those?

Tezkat

Okay then. I'll wait a day to see if there are any other takers (so I can do two people with a single $3 mil transaction) and then send out the first package.

Interested, Aiyno or Lucas? :3

lucas marcone

@ llerch <.< >.> uhhhh? :paranoid

@ tez  do i have to provide tech to people? if so who?

Tezkat

Supposedly, me. :3

Is $1.5 mil/50 tech worth it for you, though? At the moment, you seem to be a little tech-heavy for farming... :B

lucas marcone

i'll be fine. i could use the money.

Tezkat

Alright then... I've tossed a $3 million aid package your way. Please send half of that to Fresnor and 50 tech to llearch (who can skim his 8 tech off the top if he likes :3).

lucas marcone

done and done. thank you sir

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'll forward that to you tomorrow morning, Tez, after I make my daily tax collection, if that's ok?

Minus the 8. ;-]

Fresnor

lucas marcone

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tezkat sent you $1,500,000
You sent me 50 levels of technology.
I send Tezkat 50 42 levels of technology.

Tezkat sent you $1,500,000
You sent Fresnor $1,500,000
Fresnor sent Tezkat 50 levels of technology.

Make sense now? Tez just did it as one move, thereby giving him 3 spaces for two trades. Bonus on his part. ;-]

Edit:
Er. 42, not 50. *scratchscratchscratch* *scribble* ;-]

lucas marcone

that exactly is the purpose of haveing middlemen?

llearch n'n'daCorna

If you pass directly to me, I have to wait 11 days before I can pass back to you.

If you pass to me, I can immediately pass to Fresnor, who can immediately pass to you.

That's it. Nothing more complex than that.

lucas marcone

ok. oh hay my LW nation is doing as good right now look me up my username is canadianbacon the nation is gobán. im getting close tot the 200 AI mark. my mines produce good money (selling of ore included).

Arcalane

Speaking of Lunar Wars, I just hit the 500 AI mark. :B Gold is now a regular requirement for further AI, it seems. Curses! :U

I can only hope the filthy lucre is somewhat more common than it was before I got this far (I only found maybe 0.5 gold from start to 400 AI) though I'm not too optimistic. :P

lucas marcone

speaking of. i havent found any uranium or gold. i was hopeing more mines could get some but i guess it's an AI thing huh?

Tezkat

You start collecting more gold as soon as you need it for buying AI. You'll soon have more than you know what to do with and be lamenting the crappy sale prices.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 27, 2007, 10:56:14 AM
I'll forward that to you tomorrow morning, Tez, after I make my daily tax collection, if that's ok?

Minus the 8. ;-]

You do know that tech has no economic impact past 300, right? :mowtongue

Anyways... it seems the first round was a success. Anyone up for a second round? I still have 2 aid slots left, and I may as well use them up sooner than later. I am willing to take an IOU on return tech, if necessary. Having an extra million or so worth of cash and/or tech for 10 days would be of significantly more use to a smaller nation than to mine.

lucas marcone

Tezkat

Heh. In that case, we need more intermediaries to volunteer. :3

Kasarn

I'm up for whatever. I'll let you work out the details.

edit: as a side note, if you haven't already, you may want to read the update page
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=309

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on September 27, 2007, 10:16:16 PM
You do know that tech has no economic impact past 300, right? :mowtongue

It was more "next time I log in" than any specific benefit - although I did want to see if it provided any non-immediate economic bonuses. Which apparently it doesn't.

And being past 2000 infra means my costs just jumped 100k/day. *wince*