Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Go figure...

An hour after I post about it, one of them pulled out the kryptonite and nullified my newfound superpower. :animesweat So... after six days of tree-hugging vacation, my citizens are back to cursing at each other on their daily drives to work. In other words, business as usual. :3

Anyways... with my economy mostly repaired and Fresnor's restitution paid up, I'm once again open to tech/aid deals and such with the alliance newbies. Any takers?

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Valynth

Quote from: lucas marcone on August 13, 2007, 02:10:07 AM
i am SO glad im not one of the bigger nations in the group....my wording while declineing may send alliances intowar heh.

The grammar that launched a thousand ships?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on August 13, 2007, 01:42:16 AM
1 Happiness = $2 (plus adjustments for income mods)... should be simple, no? :3

Is that $2 income from taxes, or $2 income per person, equal to $0.56 taxes at 28%?

I -thought- it was the former, in which case the $5 income boost per person works out at about $1.40 tax boost, making it $1.40 versus $4, and a no-brainer...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

lucas marcone

Quote from: Valynth on August 13, 2007, 03:28:36 AM
Quote from: lucas marcone on August 13, 2007, 02:10:07 AM
i am SO glad im not one of the bigger nations in the group....my wording while declineing may send alliances intowar heh.

The grammar that launched a thousand ships?
'A' is my grammar really that bad?  D: D: D: :footinmouth :idol :cry

Kasarn

So, anybody know why Fresnor was attacked by members from the GGA? (I already checked and they are on the GGA's roster). I don't recall seeing him hit a GGA inactive.

From what I can find, the GGA doesn't really support raiding at all.

lucas marcone

we can't know anything difinitively from a third party view. we need fres to tell us what happened then get in contact with the other parties to work out some sort of "bribe".

Fresnor

I'm not even sure.  I don't remember hitting anyone from that alliance, and the war messages don't hep any, one was just plain stupid, while the other just said general dispute.

lucas marcone

get in contact with them.

guys isnt it about time to mobilize our alliance?

Kasarn

Anything happen while I was asleep? I can see they've decided to bomb you... no doubt in retaliation for dispersing your tech.

Where are llearch and Tezkat? As de facto leaders, they really should be handling this.
(ignore llearch's online status... as far as I can tell, he has some sort of autorefresher)

Oh well, in the mean time, Fresnor, you may want dismiss all your soldiers. This is "turtle mode" and will limit them to one ground attack and they cannot steal money (although they can still bomb you).

Quote from: lucas marcone on August 23, 2007, 01:43:56 PM
get in contact with them.

Also, this.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tez should, I hope, be dealing with it.

I, although I -am- online, am about to go on holiday, which makes this particularly bad timing.

Anyone have any idea where to find the Grand Alliance mooks? I'll go have a look...

Kasarn

llearch n'n'daCorna

14:32 <@Bilrow[GGA]> llearch
14:32 <@Bilrow[GGA]> [08:24] <Bilrow[GGA]> on 8/10
14:32 <@Bilrow[GGA]> [08:24] <Bilrow[GGA]> that person attacked a GGA member and was added to the GGA Target list by myself
14:32 <@Bilrow[GGA]> [08:24] <Bilrow[GGA]> Attacked: Bockscar
14:32 <@Bilrow[GGA]> [08:24] <Bilrow[GGA]> Ruler: Truman
14:32 <@Bilrow[GGA]> [08:24] <Bilrow[GGA]> Alliance: Grand Global Alliance
14:32 <@Bilrow[GGA]> [08:24] <Bilrow[GGA]> that's who he attacked
14:38 <@Bilrow[GGA]> GGA has a policy as well as every other alliance
14:38 <@Bilrow[GGA]> that if you do that we Zi the person

I guess you're sunk, Fres.

Kasarn

Reading that, I think I remember seeing that nation... it's just that GGA itself didn't ring a bell (two other sanctioned alliances, on the other hand...).

But, yes, it's true that most of the large alliances protect all their inactives regardless of inactivity. There have been plenty of people on the CN forums posting about how, like, the GPA destroyed them for "no reason".

Anyway, did you ask for terms of getting off the target list? Is he just going to be ZI'd and that's it or is it perma-ZI? :/

llearch n'n'daCorna

From what they said, he's just going to be ZI'd.

No idea. Maybe they'll come back later and make the game even more unplayable...

We'll see what Fres says.

Fresnor

Bockscar isn't sounding familiar atm.  Though that policy sounds completely retarded to me though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I like how there's no mention of it at all until they attack, two weeks after the incident.

No warning, no attempts to get in contact and clarify, was it a mistake and you tried to sue for peace (which obviously failed because he wasn't logging in), didn't attack at all, etc etc. Just go and ZI him.

Plus wait until all traces of any sort of record of it have gone, just in case there might be a dispute...

Not that I'm cynical or anything.

lucas marcone

i just outright asked if there was anything at all that fresnor could do to keep from being ZI'ed. but if they are bent on ZI'ing him then i think under the circumstances of their hostility action needs to be taken. they seem to be rather.....devious about it. why not outright state their grevinces and then attack? how they are going about this makes no sence other than them being major wackoffs. /2 cents

lucas marcone

it seems they are not responding. i checked their activity and one hasnt been on in a day and the other hasnt been on in two....maybe if fres can avoid ticking off any of their other members he can wait it out till it expires?

Valynth

Quote from: lucas marcone on August 24, 2007, 03:55:57 PM
i just outright asked if there was anything at all that fresnor could do to keep from being ZI'ed. but if they are bent on ZI'ing him then i think under the circumstances of their hostility action needs to be taken. they seem to be rather.....devious about it. why not outright state their grevinces and then attack? how they are going about this makes no sence other than them being major wackoffs. /2 cents

Welcome to middle eastern warfare.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

lucas marcone

fres they leaveing you alone yet?

lucas marcone

it was a good run but i just realized that insomnia land won't get much more prosperous than this. i built it up wrong and my taxes never come out to more than 30K a day no matter what i do. my population loves me and i keep buying infrastructure but nothing works. add that on top of cruddy starting resorces and i decided it would be better to restart. but before i do im ripping it apart and sending you guys some money back, because it isnt fair for me to waste your finan aid like that.

Kasarn

Your starting resources don't really matter all that much. Any random combination of resources will do well.
(okay, an experienced player won't want an infra cost reducer and an income booster (e.g. Coal and Gems) at the same time... whatever)

The reason your nation is "sucking" is due to the infra jumps (increases in infrastructure costs and maintenance).
There are jumps are at 20, 100, 200, 300, 500, 700, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 8000

In my opinion, the 200 and 300 infra jumps are the worst (if you can't get any aid) as it sucker punches you below being able buy 10 infra/day after having just reached the point where you were able to do so!

But, whatev', I guess. You could've just asked for some aids...

lucas marcone

oh no that wont be necessary a hooker on SoHo already gave me some.

Kasarn

Quote from: lucas marcone on August 30, 2007, 02:34:43 AM
oh no that wont be necessary a hooker on SoHo already gave me some.

I said that I loved you and you told me how you were going to take me away from all of this...

lucas marcone

i'm a man i lie thats what we do.

Tezkat

Oh geez, lucas. Ah well... at least remember to delete your old nation first so you don't get banned for cheating.  :B

More random CN stuff...

That guy who hit llearch a month ago just raided me for tech. What's amusing is that he's one of the leaders of pretty much the only alliance with whom we've ever tried to negotiate a treaty. They're cool, though. Their boss agreed that I deserve reps for the incident.

On the other hand, llearch is getting gang raped for failing to engage hippy mode while wandering the desert with no net access for a week. :dface Hopefully, he now has few enough soldiers that they can't do much more damage before he returns.

Fresnor is apparently still on the GGA target list. Do we know if it's just a "let them ZI him and be on their way" thing or more of a "thanks for playing--please delete and restart" sort of affair? The nation he attacked was deleted weeks ago.

We've been neglecting poor Aiyno's new nation. We really should organize an aid plan of some kind to bring him up to speed. I should be able to rustle up some spare cash now that the painful 3k infra jump is behind me. I do kinda need tech as well... :3

The nice folks at ALMEA (remember them? >:]) finally came to a bad end. Now who could have predicted that?  :mwaha

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Arcalane

Recruitment spam from "Wolfpack". Deleted. lols.

1) Offered to partner me with a superior nation. I already have you guys, so I'll pass. :P

2) Offered $1mil cash bribe. I am not bought that easily.  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Anyone have any contacts with the Global Democratic Alliance? I'm not too happy with the actions of them therein...

The other two both sent an email saying, more or less, "you look abandoned, yum"...

I knew I had some issues, there, somewhere...

Kasarn

llearch n'n'daCorna

I make it something like:
lost: 3823 soldiers, 86 tanks, 291 miles land, 100 levels of tech, 480 levels of infrastructure, $103,167
killed: 4443 soldiers, 244 tanks
gained: $30,649

I make that something like 4-5 million worth of damage. In 3 days. :-/

Edit:
Heh. Infrastructure and Tech, assuming $1mil/50 tech, and current rate of $22559/level infra (ie, massively underestimating) gives something on the order of 13 million worth of damage. Yay.