Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Recently a cure for the flu has been found within your nation. There is a limited amount of vaccinations to go around.
- Option 1: Deliver the cure to the world health organization. You will lose all vaccinations but will receive worldwide recognition. Population happiness +3
- Option 2: Keep the cure secret and only vaccinate your citizens. Citizen count +15%    
- No Response. Population happiness +1

Current pop: 6536. Hmm. At $30/day, that's almost a thousand people and $30k/day, versus, for +3 happiness, $6/ea, or ~$20k/day. No brainer, methinks. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Damn, that's a sweet event. You went flying right by me. Out of curiosity, what's the magical tech level at which your literacy rate rises above 20%?

Now that Tezkat's hostage rescue team has returned home, the special forces embark into foreign lands once again to "liberate" samples of llearch's vaccine.
:mowninja

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

erm. No idea. I think the school started it, though.

Personally, I'm kinda leaning towards hammering out tech to >100, pref >200 or so, and then dropping back to hitting infra until infra gives in. Or something. However, I also kinda want to poke infra in the mean time so I get enough people to cover for when I lose people after the end of the event...

And then there's the longer-term, get another stadium, then get banks until they run out, then factories, I think, and hopefully get there before I start having to pay -serious- money for infrastructure, fill those out, get clinics and hospitals, etc etc etc...

eurgh. There's always something... :-]

Tezkat

Well... I tossed out $500k each to Jim and Kasarn on Saturday. We now have only a factor of two separating our largest and smallest nations. I guess that's the best we can do for now.

I'm going back to building up infra for a bit. I'll probably be sitting on my butt again for an entire week saving up cash for the 1000 infra jump. Or maybe I'll buy a bit of tech and try to catch up with this new and improved llearch, but that's just delaying the inevitable. :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

You'll catch up. One of my trades died, took out water and rubber. :-/

Dropped 1/5th of my income overnight. *wince*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah.. sorry to bother everyone, but would Kasarn and Tezkat be interested in setting up that alliance in LW?

It looks like the field is limited. How's everyone feel about "Donate More Foreign Aid", since "Deep Moon Fishing Adven" is kinda a little long... :-]

Tezkat

So it lets you input 30 characters and only uses the first 23? What kinda lame ass game design is that? :B I kinda liked "Deep Moon Fishing Adventures", too. "Ark" or "Area" might fit. Hmm...

Let's see what else we can do with a 23 character limitation... :kittycool

Don't Make Fluffy Angry
Draw More Funny, Amber!
Dreamy Men For Abel
Dirty Money Funding Art
Dark Moon's Fiery Abyss
Don't Miss: First, Aim!

Meh... the first one was kinda cute, but I think I got silly after that. :mowtongue

llearch n'n'daCorna

Dirty Money Funds Again ?

Arcalane

Whew, finally cranked up to 60 Tech and I'm about to trip the 5,000 pop barrier too. :U

Arcalane

Just tripped 5k w/ 5,000 on the dot. :B

Suggestions for 5th improv? Have;

Bank
Clinic
Harbor
Stadium

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 15, 2007, 06:25:17 AM
Dirty Money Funds Again ?

DMFA Members Fail Again?

Meh... I got nothing. :mowtongue

Quote from: Sheridan on May 19, 2007, 06:56:57 PM
Just tripped 5k w/ 5,000 on the dot. :B

Suggestions for 5th improv? Have;

Bank
Clinic
Harbor
Stadium

Your tax income should be above $24 by now, so just keep building banks. Then switch to factories.

In other news, it amuses me that I now have the most technologically backward nation in the alliance. :animesweat

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on May 19, 2007, 07:12:55 PM
DMFA Members Fail Again?

I like it. Succinct and self-deprecating. :-]

Quote from: Tezkat on May 19, 2007, 07:12:55 PM
In other news, it amuses me that I now have the most technologically backward nation in the alliance. :animesweat

Bweeheehee. Just wait - Valynth is waiting to ship me 30 tech as soon as the ten days is up.

.. either that or he just stiffed me for 690k, either or... ;-]

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm. Not only do I have the event listed at the top of the page...

I also have:
"Recently business has been at an all time high, your economy has been going great and your people are thrilled."
... "Option 1: Hold a public speech that your government will allow the economy to ride the boom out. Population happiness +2"
(the other option being raise the inflation rate, and drop income $3pp, or do nothing for +1 happy)

And:
"Flooding has recently become a problem in your Nation due to the recent rains."
... "Option 2: Refuse to take action. They should not have built their homes in flood prone areas. Population happiness -3"
(the other option was build dams, -$5pp. Oh, and "do nothing" for -4 happiness.)

What's going on? I appear to be randomly collecting events at an elevated rate... Pity they're not all as good as the first one. :-/

Tezkat

My events tend to all cluster together as well. I had no events for nearly a month, followed by two events turning up in the past few days (mostly bad :animesweat). Furthermore, over the next two days, my two good events from last month will expire. That'll cost me $40k in daily revenue if something nice doesn't come along to replace them. :dface

That's one of the reasons I pushed to break the 1k infra barrier last week. It would have taken ages to collect enough cash for the jump without a little event support. Ah well... at least I managed to retake the #1 spot, if only for a little while. :3

In other news, Lunar Wars has failed. Was anyone paying attention to the drama? :mowdizzy

Kasarn

Quote from: Tezkat on May 21, 2007, 07:19:58 AM
In other news, Lunar Wars has failed. Was anyone paying attention to the drama? :mowdizzy

Did you miss it?
http://img.7chan.org/i/res/47968.html

Short summary: two admins quit and one went on a nuking spree. MOON'S CLOSED and /b/lackup is requested.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Interesting how "anonymous" internet makes some people behave like utter fuckwits, because "it's not important"

Pity about Sandro. Sure, he might have been all starry-eyed about what might happen with the game, but still.

*sigh*

Tezkat

Damn... my coal/fish trade bailed on me, and NPO decided to ZI my wheat/iron guy--looks like he's gonna quit. My income's already down more than $80k/day since the weekend and in danger of dropping lower. :dface Might be time to redo my trades again, but the in-team pickings are slim indead. Where the heck have all the purple nations gone?

Tezkat fails at CN.

P.S. I'll buy you a harbour if you're interested in trading, Aiyno. :mowcookie

Arcalane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 21, 2007, 09:08:54 AM
Interesting how "anonymous" internet makes some people behave like utter fuckwits, because "it's not important"

Pity about Sandro. Sure, he might have been all starry-eyed about what might happen with the game, but still.

*sigh*

Duh.

Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad.

:B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bing, and Sheridan wins -again-... :-/

llearch n'n'daCorna

*cough* Erm. I just updated at LW today.

Just passed the 300 AI mark.

AI jumped from 2.2k per to 5.5k per. -OW-, dammit.

Just thought I'd warn those of you who were reaching that mark. I'd say buy up to 299, then get 10, would be your best bet. From here on in, I'll be waiting until I reach 20% off. *wince* I guess I'll just go back to beefing up the troops... And saving up for the next set of improvements - I think I'm at a stage where they're starting to get -very- expensive...

Suwako

Quote from: Tezkat on May 24, 2007, 03:51:50 AM
Damn... my coal/fish trade bailed on me, and NPO decided to ZI my wheat/iron guy--looks like he's gonna quit. My income's already down more than $80k/day since the weekend and in danger of dropping lower. :dface Might be time to redo my trades again, but the in-team pickings are slim indead. Where the heck have all the purple nations gone?

Tezkat fails at CN.

P.S. I'll buy you a harbour if you're interested in trading, Aiyno. :mowcookie

I fail at looking at this topic,

ok, I've reached the 6000 mark and I accept your offer :)
(even thogh I've been offered 2 other trades in the past week, I'm popular  :B )

also,

I've got the same event twice in three days. woohoo! :P

2×3 population happiness ftw.
(or -10% income and -2% happiness if I where to click wrong :P)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Wheeeeeee!

I should do that tech trade thing more often, methinks. Possibly with a middle-man to speed the process up... Who, of course, should end up with a wedge of cash and/or tech to make it all fair...

I'm thinking, I pay 30(x+y) for 30 levels (where x is what Valynth pays for tech, say, and y is less than the difference between what he pays and what I pay), I hand that money plus z  to Val, he purchases 35 levels, and he hands 35 tech + z to Aiyno, say, and Aiyno hands 30 levels to me.

Names are variable, I just picked ones out of the air. But feel free to take me up on it - I was planning on pushing for 200 levels of tech, so another bunch of 30 would be neat. For something less than the 1.1 million I'd have to pay at my current rates....

Interestingly, I now have a fourth event running. After a month or two with none....

Suwako

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 27, 2007, 06:46:35 AM

Interestingly, I now have a fourth event running. After a month or two with none....

Same here

I have four events:

3+ happiness (end 6/26/2007)
3+ happiness (end 6/22/2007)
2+ happiness (end 6/23/2007)
+15% population (end 6/1/2007)

:)

llearch n'n'daCorna

6/26/2007    Population happiness +3
   6/20/2007    Population happiness -3
   6/18/2007    Population happiness +2
   5/30/2007    Citizen count +15%

And, annoyingly, my gold/coal trade that was just agreed to cancelled. With no warning. So... Hmm. I guess I'm looking for a trade, again. :-/

It was such a pig finding that one, too. *mutter*

Axis

I made a nation.
http://www.nationstates.net/affereich

We were once a colony of Germany.

Arcalane

Wrong game. This is for Cybernations ( http://www.cybernations.net/ ) not NationStates. :P

Tezkat

Speaking of Nation States... has anyone read Jennifer Government, the book upon which it's based? I saw it in the bookstore the other day and bought it on a lark. It was quite an entertaining read.
:mowcookie

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 27, 2007, 03:39:34 PM
   6/26/2007    Population happiness +3
   6/20/2007    Population happiness -3
   6/18/2007    Population happiness +2
   5/30/2007    Citizen count +15%
Quote from: Aiyno on May 27, 2007, 10:57:32 AM
3+ happiness (end 6/26/2007)
3+ happiness (end 6/22/2007)
2+ happiness (end 6/23/2007)
+15% population (end 6/1/2007)

Geez... did they hand out huge population bonuses to everyone but me at the beginning of the month? Currently, my nation is enjoying yet another freakin' drought. :B

Anyways, I tossed you the harbour building grant yesterday morning, Aiyno, with a small extra to put in a yacht club or something. :3 I'm trying to avoid collecting taxes until my resources are sorted out. My nation is kinda messed up right now... :animesweat

Suwako

Quote from: Tezkat on May 28, 2007, 11:27:03 AM
Speaking of Nation States... has anyone read Jennifer Government, the book upon which it's based? I saw it in the bookstore the other day and bought it on a lark. It was quite an entertaining read.
:mowcookie

Anyways, I tossed you the harbour building grant yesterday morning, Aiyno, with a small extra to put in a yacht club

hmmm, ok I thought I had a little more cash than I was used to yesterday, oh well Ill just save up for th harbor in 2 days or so... I hope...

QuoteHarbor - $200,000.00 - Increases population income by 1%. Opens +1 extra trade slot.
...holy that thing is expensive make that 3 days <.< ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

That's why it's a "hand you the cash" thing.

For me, I'm pulling down somewhat over 200k/day, even down a trade as I am.

Tezkat

Quote from: Aiyno on May 28, 2007, 03:14:43 PM
hmmm, ok I thought I had a little more cash than I was used to yesterday, oh well Ill just save up for th harbor in 2 days or so... I hope...

QuoteHarbor - $200,000.00 - Increases population income by 1%. Opens +1 extra trade slot.
...holy that thing is expensive make that 3 days <.< ...

Aiyno... please go to your Foreign Aid tab and click on the "Yes, I do want Tez's free money!" button. :animesweat

My income is down significantly, and I have upwards of $150k of bills a day. (Yes, stuff does get kinda pricey once you cross the 1k mark. :dface) Over three days, the increased revenue I'll have received from fixing my trades alone will nearly pay for that harbour. Not to mention that I have two other people already queued up waiting for me to swap trading partners...