Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Idle interest - I'm wondering how many folks here (if any) play on http://www.cybernations.net/

Either that or http://www.nationstates.net/ - although that's less interesting...

I'm sort-of wondering if there's enough interest to work up an alliance, or if staying in my own, quiet, stand-alone method so far works just as well. Just out of interest. :-)

(Well, that and if there's anyone on the latter, I could invite them into the region I already have, although that's less of a concern since Nation States is less organised in that fashion...)

Edit:
We have a list provided by Kasarn of the current players. Sort of. Here.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kasarn

My NationStates
http://www.nationstates.net/seerfir
Has a 100% tax rate because I'm an evil libarul taking all their moneys :veryevil
The region it's in has been dead for a long time

We'll see about Cyber Nations... but I'll +1 anything.

RJ

I used to play NationStates, but I got bored... :dface

Valynth

http://www.nationstates.net/detrinition

There's me, I just started in both of them, same name since I'm horrible at names.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Kasarn

Quote from: RJ on February 18, 2007, 11:59:22 PM
I used to play NationStates, but I got bored... :dface
Nations States is boring and repetitive but it also takes almost no effort.
If it wasn't in my links list, I probably would have stopped ages ago.

edit: Also
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=109403

Distracting

NationStates is boring, repetitive, and everyone tries to do the same thing. I'm gonna be the Captain Planet of taxes with mine.  >:3

http://www.nationstates.net/delarai

Suwako

I love to wage war with my military budget. My people love to hate me my little puppets.  >:3

http://www.nationstates.net/tycador

We Tyca your dor,
we produce books and weapons since they go together so well :-3

Tezkat

Ah... web games are fun. You can feel productive for only minutes of work a day.  :kittycool

I have to say, though, that NationStates seems kinda... well... pointless.  :mowdizzy

Cyber Nations looks much more appealing to would-be world conquerers. :kittydevious I imagine that the non-tourney version suffers from giants in the playground, but I decided to toss my hat into the fray anyway.

What colour team is everyone on? My poor little rainforest dwellers need resources before we can take over the world... 

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Kasarn

Quote from: Tezkat on February 20, 2007, 12:35:49 AM
I have to say, though, that NationStates seems kinda... well... pointless.  :mowdizzy

NATIONSTATES IS NOT POINTLESS!!!
:epenis

Valynth

hehehe, my people are suspicious of leisure.

I have a hard working people without being tyrannical!  Everyone wins! or at least they think they do as I pull their strings  :mwaha
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

Jim Halisstrad

llearch n'n'daCorna

For those playing cybernations, http://cybernations.wikia.com/ has a few useful entries about how to bring your country into line.

note that there appears to be a bug in there somewhere, I think, in that your "initial, 7-day" free allowance on not doing war appears to extend significantly longer - until you change into a war footing. Just so you know.

Valynth

The thing I like about Cyber Nations is that they have a map of your country where ever you choose to place it.

Of course, it would be a bit more fun if there was a universal map to show everyone, but that would destroy the reason for trying to be one of the top 50 nations.

Jim Halisstrad

On a side note, I just took over the nearest Gas Station.

Mwahahahahha!

Kasarn

I just changed my nation's religion to make them happy
This calls for an emote!

:rabbi :rabbi :rabbi

Destina Faroda

I got bored with Nation States not because it was easy but because it's an on-line game, and I just don't like on-line games.
Sig coming...whenever...

Valynth

el whoops, looks like I added a "n" by mistake to my cyber nations account. 

Cyber nations:  Dentrinition
Nationstates:  Detrinition

Tezkat

Quote from: Valynth on February 20, 2007, 03:03:41 PM
The thing I like about Cyber Nations is that they have a map of your country where ever you choose to place it.

Of course, it would be a bit more fun if there was a universal map to show everyone, but that would destroy the reason for trying to be one of the top 50 nations.

Yeah, that's fun. I parked my capital over the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza in the Yucatan. I doubt I have many neighbours though.  :mowninja

So far, my three-day-old cybernation has already been through a hostage crisis and some violent street riots. My people are begging me to clamp down and turn it into a police state. I get to make the official declaration of martial law tonight!
:kittydevious :kittydevious :kittydevious

I'm not sure what to do about an alliance yet, or even a team colour for that matter. What I've seen of the server politics is a bit on the scary side: goons drawing the whole server into a world war over some Fark noobs... /b/tards tossing random nukes for fun... It seems everyone claims to be neutral and non-aggressive, but then some idiot starts something and the bullets start flying anyway. Still, I'd rather have a protection network of some kind. And some of the alliance spam I've received promises upwards of $75k just as a signing bonus...

ITOS

Quote from: Tezkat on February 22, 2007, 04:09:59 PMI'm not sure what to do about an alliance yet, or even a team colour for that matter. What I've seen of the server politics is a bit on the scary side: goons drawing the whole server into a world war over some Fark noobs... /b/tards tossing random nukes for fun... It seems everyone claims to be neutral and non-aggressive, but then some idiot starts something and the bullets start flying anyway. Still, I'd rather have a protection network of some kind. And some of the alliance spam I've received promises upwards of $75k just as a signing bonus...

Sounds like a realistic game. ;)
This generic comment was brought to you by:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Personally, I've ignored all of them. It's surprising just how much spam you get, begging you to join them.

I -have- sortof kept track of everyone. I'm on "no team", and when I get big enough to have that sort of cash lying about, I intend to organise a group of sorts. It's a non-proliferation, though. Tell everyone else to go away, and we'll not bother you. Step on us, and -all- of us will leap in and beat the shit out of you.

Seems to me to be a reasonable idea. Everyone else agree?

Jim Halisstrad

That sounds reasonable.
Me and my twenty eight solders are ready to curb stomp the opposition.
;3

Actually I should be doing much better once I can afford a harbor in the distant future.  If I can find an iron and coal (Thanks Kasarn!)lead trade that would be GOLDEN.

Also, am I a bad man for being a Dictator with deliriously happy citizens?

Valynth

If they ask you to be one, no, if you abuse your dicatorship powers, yes.

superluser

See, if I did this, I would give everybody all the rights that they ever could want.

And then I'd wait for them to demand that I step up and start oppressing them and then I'd refuse and then a neighboring country would invade and oppress them and they'd be happy for a little while and then--when they got sick of the oppression--they'd demand that I return.  And then I'd just laugh and laugh and laugh.  You got what you wanted, suckers!

Of course, that would take what?  A weekend?  I'd like something with a little longer gameplay.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

For those actually playing CN, I've created an alliance.

The "Defensive Mutually-Friendly Alliance" :-)

If you check your alliance dropdown, there's a "other" at the bottom - if you select that, then paste or type in the alliance, it should add you happily. Be careful you get the case identical, though, as I suspect it'll be picky...

Tezkat

Yay! Now I can exit my newbie peace mode, secure in the knowledge that our alliance of puny insignificant nations can crush any puny insignificant nation that tries to mess with us!  :kittycool

Have we picked a colour yet? My trading partners are all across the board at the moment. I really need to redo them now. The only pact I can't drop is with a brown guy--my corrupt officials are getting nice kickbacks from that deal.  :kittydevious

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nope, we haven't picked a colour, so we're sticking with "no team" for the moment.

I figure it's not significant until we get, oh, at least a half-dozen of us on the alliance. Minimum...

BTW, you know you get a +1 happiness bonus for trading within your own team colour?

Kasarn

Sorting out a colour would be handy, I guess. Just roll a die (I rolled a 12 on a d12, hooray!) or something.

llearch n'n'daCorna

How does everyone feel about Pink? There don't seem to be too many alliances using that, and a colour is a colour...

... and, of course, Real Men Wear Pink (at least according to Donovan Deegan...) :-)

Jim Halisstrad

Well, if you're quoting the Bard then I guess that automatically garners my vote.

Kasarn

I don't like pink...

HAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SU-- uh, pink is fine :]