Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdragon

I would highly suggest you to read the guide. It can be fairly expensive to correct the mistakes later. In short, Infra is practically king, and you won't need as much Tech in the beginning as opposed to later.

Mao

Though I did buy some tech, I was looking towards most of my spending going to infra based on some of the earlier posts in this thread.  Anything that needs to be increased to support said infrastructure will get the bare min. needed.  I did pick up some troops and land though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

If you join into our alliance, it'll protect you from scavengers. Other than that, you'll need to have from 30% of your population count as soldiers, to 60% of your population count as soldier efficiency.

Those numbers aren't as far apart as you might think.

Other than that, what resources have you got? The single biggest and best thing you can do is get a full set of resources by trading with people. If you can wander into the Pegasus forums, you can sign up to someone's trade ring. Or I can set up a trade ring, and we can see what we get out of it...

Be aware that people will tend to drop out, and drop your trade without warning.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Tin and Gold seem to be my current resources.

As for an alliance, sure.. just tell me what I have to do.

I think that about 20% of my pop is military right now, but I'll look into changing that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Go to Edit My Nation.
Select the drop-down for Alliance Affiliation.
Select Specify Other.
Type in "Defensive Mutually-Friendly Alliance"

Profit!

lucas marcone

i've got some tech i can sell if anyone wants it

Mao

Hey, not sure who it was exactly, but thank you very much for the foreign aid.

lucas marcone

one of my key traders in in the middle of a war and he needs aid,  i am currently investigating the nature of this war. should we send him any?

i dont want to drag the alliance into war but i also dont want to have to go looking for a new trade partner seeing as my lead gold parnters keep bailing. if he falls my whole economy could be thrown out of wack and i could leak money till i find a new lumber wheat trade.

llearch n'n'daCorna

it would depend on whom he is fighting, and why.

Mao

Lucas, what do you have for resources?  I've got Tin and Gold so if I get a free spot opened up, we might be able to work something out.

Kasarn

Because it's probably useful... :sweatdrop

Nation RulerNation NameForum Name
llearchOuter llearchberiallearch n'n'daCorna
TezkatThrone of the JaguarTezkat
KasarnSeerfirKasarn
canadian baconThe Gaelic Kingdomlucas marcone

Tezkat

Quote from: lucas marcone on November 20, 2008, 03:47:48 PM
one of my key traders in in the middle of a war and he needs aid,  i am currently investigating the nature of this war. should we send him any?

i dont want to drag the alliance into war but i also dont want to have to go looking for a new trade partner seeing as my lead gold parnters keep bailing. if he falls my whole economy could be thrown out of wack and i could leak money till i find a new lumber wheat trade.

It would help if you told us who your friend was. Our allies have dominion over nearly all of Purple, so it shouldn't be difficult to work something out...

We can't do much to help without information. :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Darkdragon

lucas marcone

Quote from: Tezkat on November 21, 2008, 10:22:29 PM
Quote from: lucas marcone on November 20, 2008, 03:47:48 PM

It would help if you told us who your friend was. Our allies have dominion over nearly all of Purple, so it shouldn't be difficult to work something out...

We can't do much to help without information. :animesweat

he got his ass handed to him not long after i posted, i need a new wheat lumber now. his name was SS Waffen since he was obliderated/quit i can't find out what his color was.

i'm not going to do anything with my nation untill i can get a lumber wheat trade at the very least.

Darkdragon

My nation is so ridiculously inefficient that I needed ~350 infra levels to make the 4k jump. That took about a month of doing nothing and saving money. :animesweat

Kasarn

Quote from: Darkdragon on November 22, 2008, 03:04:15 PM
My nation is so ridiculously inefficient that I needed ~350 infra levels to make the 4k jump. That took about a month of doing nothing and saving money. :animesweat

Replace Coal/Oil/Rubber with Fish/Wheat/Gems for the 3BR trade set.
If you feel you must have as many bonus resources as you can, then you should still replace Coal with Wheat. The environment damage for trading for Coal makes it pretty useless, even with Steel. You'd only want Coal if you were getting Fine Jewelry/Affluent Population.

Quote from: Three Bonus Resources trade setAluminum, Iron, Lumber, Marble (Construction)
Water, Wheat (Beer)
Cattle, Pigs, Spices, Sugar (Fast Food)
Fish, [Gems for income or Uranium for nukes]

lucas marcone

good news guys, i got a new lumber/wheat rade and i also got a gold/lead trade i got back my microchips and rad clean up! snooch to the nooch!

Valynth

Quote from: lucas marcone on November 24, 2008, 08:11:53 PM
good news guys, i got a new lumber/wheat rade and i also got a gold/lead trade i got back my microchips and rad clean up! snooch to the nooch!

Some one just saw clerks.

*knew of that phrase before he saw the show for obvious reasons.*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Ganurath

"None - Your people approve of this national religion but the majority of your people would prefer something else. They desire a Far Eastern philosophical religion emphasizing love for humanity, high value given to learning and to devotion to family and ancestors, peace, justice, and respect for traditional culture.
(Next Available Change 11/27/2008)"

This does not match the profile descriptions of religions from the drop-down menu. Am I missing something, or have I angered some Far Eastern deity for hating humanity?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Kasarn

Ganurath

Huh. I suppose having the descriptions being copy/pasta spoiled me. Thanks for the info.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

lucas marcone

Quote from: Valynth on November 25, 2008, 12:42:45 AM
Quote from: lucas marcone on November 24, 2008, 08:11:53 PM

Some one just saw clerks.

*knew of that phrase before he saw the show for obvious reasons.*

the series actually, gotta love adult swim. by the way clerks1>clerks2

Valynth

Um, Ganurath just gave me 50 tech, any particular reason?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

probably the same reason he gave me 15. Because he can.

I suspect we should probably work on returning the money, though...

Valynth

Okay, James just gave me another 50 tech....  Again, any reason?

James StarRunner

Because you have a secret santa or something that gave me money and told me to. :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

A sugar-daddy?

Nice one, Valynth. What are you giving him in return? ;-]

Tezkat

Got this as a Pegasus board message...

There is a new topic up in Pegasus Leadership Discussions on Pegasus boards.  Please go to this link for an important update.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/CNPegasus/index.php?showtopic=122

If you are no longer leading your particular alliance, or received this e-mail by mistake, please contact CyborgBelial on Pegasus boards.

Thank you,
-CBG
BAPS MoFA

Unfortunately, I don't have the perms to access the thread, and I haven't been in #pegasus for a while. Can you read it, llearch? Or have any idea what it's about? Otherwise I need to bug them for an upgrade...

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'll drop a note into the group on CN.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Septer, from Cylon, in the Terra Prime alliance, asked for an embassy and directions to the IRC. I provided both...

Of course, I also pointed out that he wouldn't see us, because there's so much other life around... ;-]