Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

There's no force. You're welcome to be a different colour, if you decide to be so.

It's just the intra-team bonuses for trading. *shrug*

Come to think of it, the other option is purple. Any takers?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

llearch n'n'daCorna

blue is very busy. At least, according to the wiki.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...

Tezkat

I don't think that being "busy" is necessarily a bad thing for a team colour. Having more nations in the pool means that it's easier to find trades you want. What you want to avoid is being on a team containing a lot of political enemies (due to sanctions and whatnot). Black, for instance, seems to be dominated by the GOONS... and all the stupidity that a SA pedigree brings with it. Even though they do have some black enemies, a number of large minor alliances that used to be black have since migrated to another colour. Black and green alliances seem to have been sticking together through some of the major wars.

If we're going to stay away from the larger teams, purple is not a bad option. Besides being a sexy colour, it's the largest of the smaller teams, so it might be easier to sneak in under the radar while still getting the resources we need. It's home to The Legion--which is currently the most powerful single alliance but has somehow managed to remain neutral in a lot of big conflicts--and there's a good smattering of minor purple alliances that just barely make it onto the leaderboards. I think that pink has too low an active count, personally. With so few active nations, there's a good chance that someone needing specific resources will have to go out of team to find them.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sounds reasonable enough.

I'm happy to go for purple, on that basis. Everyone else?

... incidentally, Tez, are you stealing people from everyone else? Your country is rocketing up, there...

Tezkat

What can I say? People love being oppressed by me so much that they're immigrating from all over to cower under my iron paw!  :kittydevious

Valynth

*votes for teh purple*

Anyway, my people LOVE me, seriously, the smilely is sending me hearts...and candy...and flowers...and nude photos....  Thats it, I'm getting a restraining order.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Kasarn

Well, I guess you need to reoffer the trades as my happiness is still sitting at 13.30 and trade screen proclaims No Team Bonus even though Valynth and I are both purple.

Valynth

actually, my people are happy because I have wine (+3)  and fast food (+2).  Plus all the other factors results in a hardy 17.5
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

Kasarn

I wasn't responding to your post. I was making an observation of the interteam trading bonus.

Reoffer your trade when you are done buying stuff :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

grumblegrumblemutter a measly 9.

It'd be better if -any- of the people I was trying to set up a trade with actually responded....

Arcalane

Heh! Figures the happiness would skyrocket after I make war an option. You'd think it would be the other way around! :B

I has Furs and Irons for trading, if anyone desires them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Everyone else is in purple, Sheridan. You might want to change. And then re-trade with me, since that way we'll get the +1 bonus, which you don't get in No Team...

Arcalane

Done. :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Valynth

Wait a second, I just realized something....  Cybernations is a game!  So shouldn't this be in the keep?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Uh....

*waves hand* Nothing to see here. Move along.

Valynth

phew, for a second there I thought the world was going to end by a paradox.
Good thing I was just suffering from a minor case of aixelsyd.

Anyway, my nation is two weeks old!  That means my population happiness is 20!  Good lord, they're loving me.....  Time to abuse it!  *sets up a series of harems for himself*

Also, any opinions on how I can get more population faster?  I've been trying to keep the density to about 20-30, but I only have about 257 pop after two weeks!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Search me. I'm stuck where nobody wants to trade with me - or, at least, not for the resources I have on hand. :-/

Look into the resources that increase population. Keep your population happy. Buy more land. Keep infrastructure at about twice land area. Once you've done that, come back to me...

Valynth

Hey, lead is a good resource to have, but I've aready got a trade for pigs and it's attached to a very useful cattle resource which allows me to have my fast food bonus.

I am thinking about getting rid of my sugar and wine trade since I've got a sugar and coal trade with bonus from Kasarn, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I should beat Kasarn up until he trades with me, then. :-)

Tezkat

Quote from: Valynth on March 05, 2007, 01:31:41 PM
Anyway, my nation is two weeks old!  That means my population happiness is 20!  Good lord, they're loving me.....  Time to abuse it!  *sets up a series of harems for himself*

Also, any opinions on how I can get more population faster?  I've been trying to keep the density to about 20-30, but I only have about 257 pop after two weeks!

Infrastructure. Infrastructure. Infrastructure. That's really the only thing you should be spending money on at the moment, aside from keeping your soldier count above 20% of your civilian pop. The soldiery is important--costs are negligible and the penalty for rioting is enormous--so giving yourself a little wiggle room there might be wise. If you have good cash flow management, it helps to purchase infra in 10 point blocks, as the purchase price rises every 10 points or so.

Don't worry about land just yet. The penalty for overcrowding is fairly small (-1 happiness, which is easily cancelled out by other factors). Trying to keep land growth up with your infrastructure developments isn't really worth it at this point, either. You grow naturally, and land should be a relatively costly investment for you at the moment. When you're a bit bigger, you'll be able to purchase huge swaths of land for nothing. (When I was your size, I was making maybe $3k per day, and land costs were around $400 a mile. Now, with ten times the income, my land prices have barely changed.) If you can find a trading partner with water, that does help a lot, though.

Given your reported happiness levels, I'll wager that your tax rate is too low. The optimal tax rate jumps to 28% after only a few days, and you're well past that mark.

If it'll help, I can toss you a small aid package in a few days after I finish building my harbour.

Valynth

Your tax guess ran true, I had it set as low as it would go.  As an American I have a notorious dislike for taxes in general.  Now I have 'em set to moderately high, 20%.

Anyway, considering the money I'll be raking in now, getting a ton of infa is going to be easy...

...I still hate my high tax rates though....

llearch n'n'daCorna

There's a wiki page that explains how to select optimal tax rates. It'd be worth looking at that....

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Tax_Rate

Kasarn

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 05, 2007, 05:11:37 PM
I should beat Kasarn up until he trades with me, then. :-)

I was tempted before Sheridan turned up. Pool $300,000 on me so I can get a harbour and it's done :P
But, honestly, I sure you already know that you've got a bit of a dud combo for newbie nations like us; we have practically no military to reduce the cost of. You'd have more luck with the large alliances or posting to CN forums.

llearch n'n'daCorna

dud combo anyway, really. I guess I'll just go back to my usual plan - just sit and grow slowly.

It -sucks- that I can't get water off anyone, though.

.. I'll start saving up my sheckles, though.

Valynth

Hey llearch, the pigs and cattle guy left, so I have a free trade spot and desperate need for swine.  if you're interested

llearch n'n'daCorna

Getting a trade request with "The pig supplier skipped town" amuses me.

Far more than it really should.

... now all I need is coal and oil, and I'm set. I think. Assuming the water/uranium guy responds affirmatively.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Some nice gentleman just declared war on me.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=92837

Would we like to show him that that's a terribly bad idea? Or do we leave me to cope by myself? ;-)

Valynth

I would help, but since I only have 120 soldiers myself...well, I'm rather unable to do much.