Just saw Ghost Rider in theaters...

Started by KarlOmega1, February 18, 2007, 12:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

...And it was AWESOME! Very stunning! I loved it...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Damaris

It was cheesy, and I thought the police were better villans than the demons- but I really enjoyed it as well. :)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Paladin Sheppard

Its a comic book to movie deal of course its gonna be cheesy!  :3 That said enjoyable film!  :)

Tiny crested flint

true it was cheesy but  any movie + Nicholas Cage = good

Caswin

Worst.  Fights.  Ever.

Give me five minutes with the script.  I would have given you better (re: actual) fights, and in turn elementals who actually put up more of a struggle than a random punk with a switchblade.

That said, it had its moments.  Sam Elliott can save darn near anything.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

masked_bandit_lord

All movies based on comics have at least a smidge of delightful cheesiness.

It's just the right amount to make it yummily cheesy and not dangerously cheesy.

Alondro

Meh, I tend to avoid any film that takes what was a great comic book and applies the boring, overplayed Hollow-wood formula to it.  I have better ways to spend my $9.  Maybe if tickets were cheap as heck, I'd waste a buck or two on films like this, just for fun.  But $9?  For a cinema seat?  Hell no.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Boog

See Nicholas Cage. See Nicholas Cage point. Point, Nicholas Cage, point. REPEAT FOR 114 MINUTES!
If you can't tell, I was a little let down by ghostrider. He went through villains rather quickly, really, and there were parts where it was yet cheesier than what they usually do to comic-to-movie translations. At least it wasn't another Hulk.

GabrielsThoughts

Quotean aditional half hour of more unrealistic acting. watch Nicholas cage make an ass out of himself! Watch Nicholas cage digging up a grave in a graveyard within  unrealistic ruins. Watch Nicholas Cage running toward  a crypt with his ghost rider like powers immidately after prying the lid off of a nailed coffin with his bare hands. watch Nicholas cage, without skipping a breath, climbing down a fortified immitation colonial starcase and stare in amazement as he mystically fights off the effects of hypothermia, allergies and more.

Damn, Nicholas Cage has been typecast allready. I'm sure of one thing the fight scenes are at their worst are far better than the ones in westside story.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Caswin

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 24, 2007, 01:11:11 AMDamn, Nicholas Cage has been typecast allready. I'm sure of one thing the fight scenes are at their worst are far better than the ones in westside story.
Well, tell me this - did they actually fight in West Side Story?

If so, they're better than Ghost Rider's.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Gryphon

There was only one good scene in that entire movie. That scene when we go into the showdown and the music actually syncs up with the actions of the character. At that one moment it could have been so badass. But no. They stop it when it could have gotten good. So. No.

Everything else in the movie... Was horrible.
The name of the main bad guy? Horrible.
The battles WITH the bad guys? Equally horrible. Come on. If I wanted fiery whips of destruction I'd play God of War. At least THAT makes it look cool.
Jelly Beans? Jelly beans.
What is up with the monkey obsession?

All in all. If you have to watch a superhero comic brought to real life wait for Spiderman 3. Disappointing.

Reese Tora

Oh, hey, kvetching about a movie.

I'd join, but nothing I can say about the acting hasn't already beed said.

The effecrts were nice, but one might expect the actors to act in a convincing manner. (I sudder to think what the other takes were like for some of the sceens, if they used only the best for the final cut.)

Still, over all, I enjoyed watching the movie, and it definently had it's moments... still it wasn't worth the nine buck I foolishly wasted on concessions. (On top of the $9 matinee ticket price, which was paid for me, so I don't consider that wasted on my part.)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

GabrielsThoughts

I thought the filing taxes commercial with the ghost rider was hilarious.

Ghost rider does taxes.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.