A new recruit among your ranks

Started by ardaron, February 15, 2007, 10:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardaron

Um, yeah.  Hi everyone.  I'm new here.  I guess I should tell you a bit about myself, yes?  Okay, here goes.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm here mostly for the roleplaying.  You guys are some of the better roleplayers I've seen in a while (excluding by buddies on ATL, because I know all of them are awesome), and I've been looking for a good, diverse roleplaying site where I can unleash my minions roleplay characters.  One of which is the inspiration for my username; I'm not telling anyone my real name, since there are so many people on this site.  *shifty eyes*  Anyway, my character Ardaron is probably one you could be seeing soon; I'm still working on getting his personality and background ironed out, so I need to practice with him.

And, just for the record, even though my username is a guy, I am a girl.  Just thought I'd get that cleared up before there was any confusion.

Let's see, more about me . . . I'm in college, and majoring in Geology.  I like rocks.  A lot.  Sedimentary rocks are my favorite.  I have upwards of eighty roleplay characters (yes, I know I'm insane.  Then again, that number counts some characters that are more like background characters).  Oh, and I have a pretty short attention span.  So, if I leave this site and never come back, do not assume I am dead; my A.D.D. mind just lost interest, and I'll probably be back in a month or two.  Or a year.  It depends.

So, yeah.  That's me in a nutshell.  Everything but my real name.  Because I get just a bit nervous when I see websites with members in the hundreds.  *curls up in a corner*  So big . . . so many people . . .

xHaZxMaTx

Jeez, they're like cockroaches! :U  Where do they keep coming from?!

Oh, and welcome. :3  Don't mind me, I'm just flabbergasted at the tremendous amound of newbies arriving, lately.

ardaron

Wait, I'm not a cockro- . . holy cr*p, I am a cockroach!  When did that happen?  Quick, blast me with huge amounts of radiation; I can survive it!

Roureem Egas

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 15, 2007, 10:22:29 PM
Jeez, they're like cockroaches! :U  Where do they keep coming from?!

Oh, and welcome. :3  Don't mind me, I'm just flabbergasted at the tremendous amound of newbies arriving, lately.

QFT. I'm lazy.

bill

See, Haz compares people to roaches. He's a bad person that shouldn't be trusted. Be careful with your wallet around him.

Damaris

Several of the RPs should be having open enrollment in the next eighteen days or so, so you picked a good time to join.

Just remember that we frown on in-character posting outside of the RP forum- because the person we want to get to know is you! :)

Welcome to the forum.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

ardaron

Okay, I'll try to keep my characters away from the OOC boards.  I'll beat them off with a stick if I have to.
:starwars

And wow, thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Welcome!

As has been mentioned elsewhere, watch out for anyone who tells you to watch out for anything. They're not to be trusted, as they're probably up to something.

Watch out for Stygian, as well. Nobody trusts him. Particularly with those eyes....

:-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: ardaron on February 15, 2007, 10:37:16 PM
I'll beat them off with a stick if I have to.

This thread now has my attention.

I mean hi!

llearch n'n'daCorna

She didn't mean it that way. :-P

... I, on the other hand, have a totally different method for beating people off. It involves a boot. Full of C4.

Hold this for a second, would you? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jim Halisstrad

My doctor told me that holding explosive boots was bad for my liver :<

Tiny crested flint

Cool a Geologist!  I like metamorphic myself. got myself a collection of 16 varieties including crystals.  As the saying goes, 'geology rocks'.

Ignore me.

Suwako

*waves* HI Welcome to the forum enjoy roll playing here. Visit the PAY thread sometime it's bound to be re-railed eventually we just keep de-railing it (more)  before it hits the track.  oh and ... *TAG* you're it!

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

Gabi

Heh. It's not like we'd gain power over you by knowing your first name, but it's up to you. I've seen others who didn't want to give theirs either. Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy it.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

LionHeart

*appears in a flash of blue light*

Hi! Welcome to this place of strangeness.

Please leave your remaining sanity (if any) at the door, in the secure storage provided, and remember to hang on to your claim ticket.

Things to avoid (or at least be cautious of) include squirrel-borne muffins, mows, talking boxes, and those who would tell you to watch out for those of us who warn you of things to watch out for.

Have a welcome gift. *gives the new person a souvenir coffee mug*

Enjoy your time here... we're basically good people here. Most of us anyway. I'm not totally sure about Llearch, but then who is?

*waves, and vanishes in a shower of coloured sparkles*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Gabi

Quote from: LionHeart on February 16, 2007, 06:21:47 AM
Enjoy your time here... we're basically good people here. Most of us anyway. I'm not totally sure about Llearch, but then who is?
llearch tries to be bad, but he's bad at it. :P
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

ardaron

Wow, I've got a lot to respond to.  *cracks knuckles*  Yay for friendly greeter-people!

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on February 16, 2007, 12:10:42 AM
Quote from: ardaron on February 15, 2007, 10:37:16 PM
I'll beat them off with a stick if I have to.

This thread now has my attention.

I mean hi!

I'm so tempted to let one of my characters in just so I can beat them off with a stick for everyone's entertainment.  But I won't.  That would be-

Flittdra:  HI!
Me:  What the- where'd you come from?  You're not supposed to be here!  You'll get me in trouble!
Flittdra:  *grins*  I know.
Me:  *beats Flittdra off with a stick*
Flittdra:  Ow!  What the- it's against the laws of physics for you to be able to hit me!
Me:  I'm a roleplayer.  Laws of physics mean nothing to me.
Flittdra:  *sticks out tongue defiantly and leaves*

Okay, I /swear/, that's the last time you'll ever see any of my roleplay characters here.  Flittdra's just a naughty dragon who wants to see me banned from the site.  But I'll find a way to keep her out, somehow.

Disclaimer: I don't actually roleplay like that, what with defying the laws of physics and using play-scripting.  You probably could have guessed that I wasn't exactly being serious, but I wanted to be sure nobody got the wrong impression.

Quote from: Density D. on February 16, 2007, 01:44:30 AM
Cool a Geologist!  I like metamorphic myself. got myself a collection of 16 varieties including crystals.  As the saying goes, 'geology rocks'.

Ignore me.

Sorry, not gonna ignore a fellow rock hound.  Metamorphic rocks are pretty sweet; they always seem to be the prettiest ones.  But I like sedimentary rocks because of all the information they hold.  It's incredible how much you can tell about the past just by looking at a simple little rock!

Quote from: Aiyno Wolf on February 16, 2007, 02:36:35 AM
*waves* HI Welcome to the forum enjoy roll playing here. Visit the PAY thread sometime it's bound to be re-railed eventually we just keep de-railing it (more)  before it hits the track.  oh and ... *TAG* you're it!

*tags LionHeart*

Quote from: LionHeart on February 16, 2007, 06:21:47 AM
*appears in a flash of blue light*

Hi! Welcome to this place of strangeness.

Please leave your remaining sanity (if any) at the door, in the secure storage provided, and remember to hang on to your claim ticket.

Things to avoid (or at least be cautious of) include squirrel-borne muffins, mows, talking boxes, and those who would tell you to watch out for those of us who warn you of things to watch out for.

Have a welcome gift. *gives the new person a souvenir coffee mug*

*waves, and vanishes in a shower of coloured sparkles*

Hmm, nope, don't have any sanity to leave.  What part of 'I have eighty roleplay characters and I'm obsessed with rocks' escaped you?

Cool, a souvenir coffee mug!  This is the first forum that gave me one of those!  *huggles coffee mug*

ShiningShadow

Stygian

Yes! At last people have the good courtesy to recognize me for what I am...!  *slithers through the shadows, scoffing evilly at you all*

Though it defies logic that Llearch would warn you about me. If you are indeed a roleplayer, you will have to face me on this forum...  *grins horribly*

In either case, welcome! May your stay be long and excruciating!

ardaron

Quote from: Stygian on February 16, 2007, 02:00:49 PMIn either case, welcome! May your stay be long and excruciating!

Wha- what do you mean, "excrutiating"?  Is there some newbie-hazing thing that I'm going to find out about?

By the way, I was considering starting a roleplay of my own here; I'm working on a new plot/world that I was wanting to roleplay at some point in the near future.  So, do all you friendly greeters have any advice on what to do/what not to do on the roleplay forums here?  Is there any sort of time/post requirement before newbies can start their own roleplays, or can I just have at it once I get how it's done?

Stygian

As with so many other things the rules don't state anything and it would apparrently be fine just to start off on the fly, but common courtesy would say that perhaps you should just waaaaait a moment and then get going once you know your people.

It's fine either way, I think.

ardaron

Good advice.  I wasn't really planning on getting it up right this minute, anyway.  I've still got a lot of fine-tuning to do for the plot, and races, and stuff like that.

Until then, I shall wait, and observe the ways of my 'people.'

Tiny crested flint

I'll just have my 'people' get back to your 'people'. :3

As for newbie-hazing, I think the only thing you've coming is the muffins for now unless Stygian or HaZ×MaT think of something.