Aqua Teen Hunger Force shuts down Boston

Started by bill, January 31, 2007, 08:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Saw this on breaking news, when Channel 5 were convinced that terrorists were trying to blow up an elevated freeway. Whoever was in charge of this is a complete idiot.

Toric

Ha, they detonated the first one they found! It's only after the fact that they looked at its components and found no trace of explosives.

Seriously though, funny as it may be I think it's a case of better safe than sorry. It's better than something like that going unnoticed and turning out to actually be a bomb. Doesn't mean those guys shouldn't start taping Adult Swim though. Now what I wanna know is what the heck an inactive pipe bomb was doing in the basement of a hospital.
Yap by Silver.

Valynth

The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

bill

superluser

Jumping...is useless!

Did you also notice that they had been in place for TWO WEEKS before the police found them?

So not only can they not tell the difference between a bomb and some blinking LEDs, but they also won't respond to a threat until it's over?

Edit:

QuoteNews: REPORT ALL INNOCUOUS-LOOKING OBJECTS TO THE AUTHORITIES IMMEDIATELY.

Hmmm...

...And anyways, shouldn't we be reporting it to the Potsmaster?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

TheGreyRonin

*reports Llearch to the proper authorities*

Wait, he is the proper authorities, NM...

Kenji

Well, they had a bump about it right before the second Futurama tonight. Course, couldn't read hardly any of it, seeing as how it lasts for about 5 seconds a page... X3

Alondro

Bah, and they never found the real bombs! 

*cackles evily*  I placed copies of "Ishtar", "Plan 9 From Outer Space", "The Island", and "Stealth" in every major city around the world!  Soon the horrible badness of the films will be witnessed by all!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on February 01, 2007, 12:19:30 AMI placed copies of "Ishtar", "Plan 9 From Outer Space", "The Island", and "Stealth" in every major city around the world!  Soon the horrible badness of the films will be witnessed by all!

Just couldn't bring yourself to inflict Highlander 2 on unsuspecting souls?

Supercheese

Quote from: Alondro on February 01, 2007, 12:19:30 AM

*cackles evily*  I placed copies of "Ishtar", "Plan 9 From Outer Space", "The Island", and "Stealth" in every major city around the world!  Soon the horrible badness of the films will be witnessed by all!   :mwaha

Hey!

... I liked The Island and Stealth ...  :paranoid

Valynth

This is why I never talk of pop culture.

of course the fact that I don't have access to it works too.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Zedd

thegayhare

Quote from: Supercheese on February 01, 2007, 01:01:41 AM
Quote from: Alondro on February 01, 2007, 12:19:30 AM

Hey!

... I liked The Island and Stealth ...  :paranoid

Hey there is nothing wrong with liking a film bomb...  I mean I like Pluto nash

I know it's not a freat movie but I happen to like it

superluser

For those who haven't seen it, Haircuts in the 70's.

This is brilliant.  Exactly what I'd expect from ATHF.  If they admitted that they were sorry for scaring everyone, then the prosecution could use that against them as evidence that they intended to cause a panic, which is one of the main issues of contention in this case.

Zedd

Quote from: superluser on February 02, 2007, 10:44:29 PM
For those who haven't seen it, Haircuts in the 70's.

This is brilliant.  Exactly what I'd expect from ATHF.  If they admitted that they were sorry for scaring everyone, then the prosecution could use that against them as evidence that they intended to cause a panic, which is one of the main issues of contention in this case.

Them take it seriously? Hell now thats like asking a retard stop having sezsuries or a Dalek not kill everything or a hippy stop smoking weed

Alondro

Feh, I don't take it seriously.  Boston is full of stuck up idiots.  A single glance at the device from a tiny photograph and I knew exactly what it was and used deduction for figure out what it was for.

Morons panic easily.  And this is just more proof that Bostonites are morons.  Not to mention they have a segregated city, in spite of their claims of equality.  Go there once, you'll see what I mean.  Heck, everyone in my lab who's been there said exactly the same thing when we were talking about it yesterday.

And also, no one in any of the other cities where the light devices were placed started a panic, and they were in those cities for just as long... more proof that Boston alone is moron capitol of the USA!    ;)

Boston sucks, they put SWISS CHEESE on steak sandwiches!  Swiss!  Kill them all!!   :cuss :tantrum :sword :chainsaw :gun2

*Charles is captured by rogue Bostonite agents and taken back for execution*   :lynched
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

lucas marcone

Lave it to the governer to be a total kill joy. I say let the moninites RAWK :kirby !

Miaka

Quote from: Alondro on February 03, 2007, 07:20:15 AM
Feh, I don't take it seriously.  Boston is full of stuck up idiots.  A single glance at the device from a tiny photograph and I knew exactly what it was and used deduction for figure out what it was for.

Morons panic easily.  And this is just more proof that Bostonites are morons.  Not to mention they have a segregated city, in spite of their claims of equality.  Go there once, you'll see what I mean.  Heck, everyone in my lab who's been there said exactly the same thing when we were talking about it yesterday.

And also, no one in any of the other cities where the light devices were placed started a panic, and they were in those cities for just as long... more proof that Boston alone is moron capitol of the USA!    ;)

Boston sucks, they put SWISS CHEESE on steak sandwiches!  Swiss!  Kill them all!!   :cuss :tantrum :sword :chainsaw :gun2

*Charles is captured by rogue Bostonite agents and taken back for execution*   :lynched

*insert obligatory indignance because of being from Boston*

But yeah, I love that Boston is the one city that freaks out about this....
As much as I sholdn't agree, Most people around here are idiots.

Actually, I think one of the guys that got arrested for that was from the town i live in...

Cogidubnus

Hold on Charles...Isn't both MIT and Harvard in the Boston area?

Oh, wait - I see your point.  :3

Boog

So... waitaminute. They got arrested for putting up Lite Brites. Because, as everyone knows, a mad bomber will put some sort of watermark or copyrighted symbol on his small, flat bombs in order to gain a reputation. Next they'll be scared of people smuggling firearms in etch-a-sketches.

Miaka

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 03, 2007, 06:53:09 PM
Hold on Charles...Isn't both MIT and Harvard in the Boston area?

Oh, wait - I see your point.  :3
Tufts, too..

And yeah, the guy with the dreads that got arrested?
He taught at one of the elementary schools here, I was in a chorus there. <<

Tiger_T

Quote from: Boogeyman on February 03, 2007, 08:17:57 PM
So... waitaminute. They got arrested for putting up Lite Brites. Because, as everyone knows, a mad bomber will put some sort of watermark or copyrighted symbol on his small, flat bombs in order to gain a reputation. Next they'll be scared of people smuggling firearms in etch-a-sketches.
OMG, they're right!!  D:

Quick, inform the authorities to outlaw them!
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

lucas marcone

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/10888086/detail.html <----Watch the movie; Just how obvious it it the cop found nothing and is trying his damnedist not to look like a moron?

thegayhare

Zedd