Something I've been wondering about #308

Started by Psy-Kosh, February 09, 2007, 12:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

ShiningShadow

Hmmmmm Dan or Abel using the mind skills for the sake of psycology and curing their demons inside their minds i like that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 14, 2007, 07:37:04 AM
Hmmmmm Dan or Abel using the mind skills for the sake of psycology and curing their demons inside their minds i like that.

I've been planning to use something a bit like this in the followup to my CJP story  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Can't wait to see how it happens, Tape. Much expectations of you we have, indeed.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 14, 2007, 07:58:22 AM
Can't wait to see how it happens, Tape. Much expectations of you we have, indeed.
No-one seemed to like the end of the Johan Cross arc, but thanks.  I've got about four partial chapters of the new series, in fact the first chapter is almost complete, I think.  But I need to flesh things out a lot more.
(Should we be discussing my story in a thread about Amber's? )

llearch n'n'daCorna

Point. Should I merge these into a comment thread in the Tower ? :-)

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Manawolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 09, 2007, 08:00:18 AM
Quote from: Psy-Kosh on February 09, 2007, 12:17:58 AM
Though, if I may ask, given the previous response and the 'deal with it' of your response, I can't help but wonder... did somehow I end up asking what I did in a rude way or somehow otherwise say something locally annoying or offensive? *blinks confused*

I wouldn't worry about it, were I you. Manawolf is known for being... excessively blunt and outspoken. And easy to irritate.

... Comparatively speaking, anyway. (and not compared to me :-) )

There's a reason I go with the term, "Delivering the Fist of Knowledge into the Face of Ignorance."  It's the way I work, and my short temper has led me to such styles of teaching.

In any case, it can be difficult to navigate the inner workings of one's mind, especially as the mind grows older and more complex.  I'm reminded of Psychonauts, but maye that's a bad comparison,  as many of the minds you dove into in that game weren't the most "structurally sound" so to speak.

Damaris

It's one thing to be blunt, it's another to come off more rude than Darkmoon.

*significant look*

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Manawolf

I don't think that's possible, especially after what he did when Rafe left the forum.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 14, 2007, 05:50:49 AM
Oooo.

... wouldn't that put Delna out of a job, though?

Please remind me again, who's Delna?

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 14, 2007, 07:51:16 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 14, 2007, 07:37:04 AM

I've been planning to use something a bit like this in the followup to my CJP story  >:3

CJP story?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on February 14, 2007, 03:13:07 PM
CJP story?

'Chronicles of Jakob Pettersohn'... see my signature for details.  I've been trying to keep it as accurate to the DMFA universe as I possibly can (or at least plausibly deniable - you can't prove it didn't happen).

As for Delna, see the Being entry in the Demonology.
http://missmab.com/Demo/being.php - That's her in the illustration, and see also the note at the bottom.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Manawolf on February 14, 2007, 02:47:32 PM
There's a reason I go with the term, "Delivering the Fist of Knowledge into the Face of Ignorance."  It's the way I work, and my short temper has led me to such styles of teaching.

Hrm.. But how does the Fist of Knowledge stand up to the Sword of Rationality? And on what do you Bayes your claim? (sorry, really bad pun, couldn't help it)

QuoteIn any case, it can be difficult to navigate the inner workings of one's mind, especially as the mind grows older and more complex.  I'm reminded of Psychonauts, but maye that's a bad comparison,  as many of the minds you dove into in that game weren't the most "structurally sound" so to speak.

But, aren't we already assuming that Cubi have the innate skills, or at least ability plus training methods to do just that navigation? Isn't that implicit in the comic?

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 14, 2007, 03:15:44 PM
Quote from: Psy-Kosh on February 14, 2007, 03:13:07 PM
CJP story?

'Chronicles of Jakob Pettersohn'... see my signature for details.  I've been trying to keep it as accurate to the DMFA universe as I possibly can (or at least plausibly deniable - you can't prove it didn't happen).

http://missmab.com/Demo/being.php - That's her in the illustration, and see also the note at the bottom.

I love it Tw it's awesome I could see either Dan *Nah* Abel definetly to do the job Delna does.

Psy-Kosh

Oh yeah, forgot about her.

And *goes off to peek at your story*

Manawolf

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on February 14, 2007, 03:17:25 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on February 14, 2007, 02:47:32 PM

Hrm.. But how does the Fist of Knowledge stand up to the Sword of Rationality? And on what do you Bayes your claim? (sorry, really bad pun, couldn't help it)

QuoteIn any case, it can be difficult to navigate the inner workings of one's mind, especially as the mind grows older and more complex.  I'm reminded of Psychonauts, but maye that's a bad comparison,  as many of the minds you dove into in that game weren't the most "structurally sound" so to speak.

But, aren't we already assuming that Cubi have the innate skills, or at least ability plus training methods to do just that navigation? Isn't that implicit in the comic?

To be honest, My fist rarely comes across those who bear the sword, as the ignorant are far from rational.

And yes, psychic powers can only go so far, and the idea that ones mind can simply be organized like a maze is thinking along the same lines as anthromorphisizing your deities, you're going with what a human thinks to be the best representation for it..

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Manawolf on February 14, 2007, 03:34:43 PMAnd yes, psychic powers can only go so far, and the idea that ones mind can simply be organized like a maze is thinking along the same lines as anthromorphisizing your deities, you're going with what a human thinks to be the best representation for it..

But the "organization" would already be done anyways. ie, when invading someone's dreams, you're already right there with whatever internal metaphors they're using for various issues. (Well, that plus a bunch of gobledygook)

Manawolf

In the end, it's up to the author, and Amber may never delve into their mindscapes.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on February 14, 2007, 03:21:00 PM

Oh yeah, forgot about her.

Also strips 206 and 235.