Lorenda's Wings?

Started by Nino, February 06, 2007, 11:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nino

Does Lorenda have wings? I'm just wondering since being a creature is supposedly always inherited, then that would mean Lorenda has demon wings, since her mom does.

Bah. Amber, you should do a mini-arc on DMFA inheritance!

superluser

There are no shades of grey for `cubi, but according to Amber, there can certainly be degrees of diabolicalness.  It appears that Lorenda did not inherit the wings (despite the fact that she has apparently troubled her household).  There was some speculation that her earring was a cloaking charm akin to the skull brooch that Kria wears, but she has appeared in the past without it, still without wings.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Manawolf

Cubi are already a shade of grey, being the offspring of demons and angels.

Zedd

*nibbling on a muffin* Yet some of us have serious issuie problems so not to worry

RJ

Quote from: Zedd on February 07, 2007, 12:33:16 AM
*nibbling on a muffin* Yet some of us have serious issuie problems so not to worry

Nibbling on one of my muffins is one of those "serious issues".  >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: RJ on February 07, 2007, 06:31:23 AM
Nibbling on one of my muffins is one of those "serious issues".  >:3

I'm reminded of the exploding chocolates in the old D4 text adventure 'The Boggit' - eating those was kind of amusing  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on February 07, 2007, 12:30:04 AMCubi are already a shade of grey, being the offspring of demons and angels.

That was a joke.

Quote from: Fluffyit is often a joke that the Cubi race was created because the Angel and Demon race got along "too" well.

Anyways, Amber has said that there are no partial `cubi; it's all or nothing.  Imagine that the `cubi gene is on the X chromosome.

Demons, on the other hand, can be partial.  Lorenda appears to be one of those partials.

Brunhidden

i cant look at this threat title without thinking "buffalo wings" or even "BBQ Dan wings"

my two cents? she has wings, but theyre tiny. if youve ever seen the movie 'bugs life' its kinda how the caterpillars wings were at the end. guess we will never know untill lorenda decides to either take it all off or does a bikini pose.

QuoteFrom hells heart I stabbeth thee
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on February 07, 2007, 01:44:02 PMmy two cents? she has wings, but theyre tiny. if youve ever seen the movie 'bugs life' its kinda how the caterpillars wings were at the end. guess we will never know untill lorenda decides to either take it all off or does a bikini pose.

QuoteFrom hells heart I stabbeth thee

How about an open backed one-piece?

Also, ``stab at thee.''

ShiningShadow

BUt in any case Lorenda dosen't have the wings of her mom. I think in the terms of genetics that the wings will skip a generation and the offspring or Lorenda will have the wings her grandmother *which I used the term loosely* Kria has. That's how I followed the genetics tree in next geneartions and such.

"I also stabbeth thee"  >:3

Boog

Well, we do know there are varients of magic heritage, but it is a good question. What if she does have wings? After all, before Patches were invented Kria still had ways of changing her appearance.

Sienna Maiu - M T

I believe that perhaps there is too much stabbing afoot.

Perhaps the coming of wings is akin to Cubi headwings, they come at a certain point of life?
Or they just simply do not exist.

Amber Williams

GET OUT OF MY UPCOMING SCRIPTS DANGIT! *chases you kids off her porch with a broom*

Boog

"Geez, ol' Ms. Williams has gotten so cranky lately..." *sulks off*

Zedd

Caswin

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2007, 06:48:11 AMI'm reminded of the exploding chocolates in the old D4 text adventure 'The Boggit' - eating those was kind of amusing  >:3[/img]
You have my attention.  Where can I find this Boggit you speak of?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

superluser

Quote from: Caswin on February 07, 2007, 08:59:06 PMYou have my attention.  Where can I find this Boggit you speak of?

It looks like the same guy also did an adventure game version of Bored of the Rings (I just mistyped ``vored of the rings'' into google--that's something else).  Unfortunately, it's unrelated to the Harvard Lampoon version, which had Gimlet, son of Groin, Legolam, Moxie, Pepsi, and of course, Frito and D[gets clobbered by Pai Gon]

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2007, 08:34:34 PM
GET OUT OF MY UPCOMING SCRIPTS DANGIT! *chases you kids off her porch with a broom*

*pst* If you don't say anything we would just be riddled with self-doubt. Now we actually think we understand something, and you know what that means... armageddon.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on February 07, 2007, 09:12:30 PM
Quote from: Caswin on February 07, 2007, 08:59:06 PMYou have my attention.  Where can I find this Boggit you speak of?

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0006023
You'll need a spectrum emulator of course, I used 'ZXspin' for the screenshot.  On Linux, FUSE is pretty good.

QuoteIt looks like the same guy also did an adventure game version of Bored of the Rings.  Unfortunately, it's unrelated to the Harvard Lampoon version, which had Gimlet, son of Groin, Legolam, Moxie, Pepsi, and of course, Frito and D[gets clobbered by Pai Gon]

They borrowed a lot of ideas from it though, including most of the drug sequence - although being a text adventure, if you actually eat the 'magic beans' it kills you.

Other games included the wonderful 'Robin of Sherlock' with an NCP car park in the middle of Sherwood forest, a Kentucky Fried Squirrel takeaway and a ransom note included with the cassette (addressed to Dorothy, demanding a copy of 'The Great Space Race' or else Toto gets it, and signed by 'Design Design' - who were a rival software house.   IIRC 'The Great Space Race' was the 1980s equivalent of DNF)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 07, 2007, 08:34:34 PMGET OUT OF MY UPCOMING SCRIPTS DANGIT! *chases you kids off her porch with a broom*

Well, stop putting your upcoming scripts in your previous strips archive.  You give Kria wings, and expect us to not speculate on the fact that Lorenda doesn't?  Especially given that Lorenda is older than Kria when we first see her wearing the charm.

ShiningShadow

As I say before the charm Lorenda is wearing is not the charm to hide her wings. Remember she at the pool with taht blue one piece number *woot* her wings did not show so in any case is genetics plain and simple.

Sid

Quote from: superluser on February 08, 2007, 05:48:18 AM
Especially given that Lorenda is older than Kria when we first see her wearing the charm.

...she is? I'm not sure how age-compensated the cast page for Kria is, but she's roughly 20 years older than Abel, and we see her when Abel is... older than four, I'd say. At best (and allowing for various rounding mistakes for both sides), it's a close call.

And while I'm around: Kattuccino, I love your sig! :)
:boogie

Kasarn

Abel is 6-7 before they leave for Zinvth (link), so Kria would be 25-26 when we first see her.
Somewhat relatedly, during the next time period Abel is 24 (link) so Kria would be 43.

ShiningShadow

So Kria is older than Abel in the sense of looks. But the mater is the wings from Lorenda I think she will not get them she is a Cowdemon for this fact that Kria is a soulstealer Demonmare and her father is  a Bull genetics.

superluser

Quote from: Sid on February 08, 2007, 08:05:01 AM...she is? I'm not sure how age-compensated the cast page for Kria is, but she's roughly 20 years older than Abel, and we see her when Abel is... older than four, I'd say. At best (and allowing for various rounding mistakes for both sides), it's a close call.

I was running out the door when I wrote that.  The number 19 had stuck in my mind, and I thought that it was Kria's age when we first met her, but that was the age difference.

I was wrong, and I apologize.  I'm not sure why I'm apologizing here, but I'm just gonna go with my instincts.

Nino

Well what I really want to know is why DP's species is "demon-Pegasus" and Kria's is "demon-mare" if they both have wings? Wouldn't it be the same species then (i.e. a pegasus is just a horse with wings)?

Also:

"Dark Pegasus can control the size of his own wings, making them as large or as small as he wants."

So Lorenda potentially could too, maybe, and make them so small you can't see them? Though if Kria could she wouldn't need the charm.

Must speculate!

Also, thank you Sid =3

Sid

Quote from: superluser on February 08, 2007, 07:40:53 PM
Quote from: Sid on February 08, 2007, 08:05:01 AM...she is? I'm not sure how age-compensated the cast page for Kria is, but she's roughly 20 years older than Abel, and we see her when Abel is... older than four, I'd say. At best (and allowing for various rounding mistakes for both sides), it's a close call.

I was running out the door when I wrote that.  The number 19 had stuck in my mind, and I thought that it was Kria's age when we first met her, but that was the age difference.

I was wrong, and I apologize.  I'm not sure why I'm apologizing here, but I'm just gonna go with my instincts.

I didn't say that to diss you :P
I just wondered and poked around a bit. Considering that the cast pages may or may not be off by one or two years (DMFA timelines and time passage has given enough people headaches already), you may very well be as right as anybody else.

Besides, Amber has occasionally said that many things are not bound to a strict age (Cubi headwings and Clan marks, for example), so it's not like one or two years are going to kill you or me :)
:boogie

Aurawyn

Quote from: superluser on February 07, 2007, 12:17:41 AM
a cloaking charm akin to the skull brooch that Kria wears

Woah.. Hehe..

I never made the connection to the fact that Kria didn't have wing's till she took off the Brooch...

QuoteWell what I really want to know is why DP's species is "demon-Pegasus" and Kria's is "demon-mare" if they both have wings?

I think.. because Kira is a Zebra? ((Guessing here)) A mare is a female Horse, anything of that Ilk.. *shrugs*

Aridas

Pegasus was a winged horse. I'm pretty sure there wasn't more than one, though (I mean, I'm sure Pegasus was the name of the horse, after all.. not a species)... So the cast page probably just needs reworking.