the list of movies that make better coasters

Started by GabrielsThoughts, February 01, 2007, 11:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Quote from: Manawolf on February 04, 2007, 09:08:38 PM
And how did I let Freeze running on diamonds slip past me?  Sure, they could make a good focus, but a power source?

well they do burn
*shrugs*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Manawolf on February 05, 2007, 01:30:14 AM
I still want to see a lycanthrope movie that isn't vs. vampires, and has more lycanthropes than just wolves.  I know some people who are still waiting for their werebear with an ax.

Dog Soldiers?

.. oh, hang on. That's just wolves. And still shit. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

RJ

I remember seeing Dog Soldiers. At least they opted not to go digital and used suits...  :rolleyes

Wasn't it supposed to have some kind of sequel?

lucas marcone

RJ

I laughed in Titanic... my friend hated me for the rest of the day (though, she had seen the movie 11 times before and this was the first time seeing it for me).

llearch n'n'daCorna

My brother and a friend of his (female) went to see it. Apparently they both laughed themselves sick at the point where the engineer is talking about how he wanted a majestic name for the boat, and how women don't have the brains to cope with technical things.

I should point out here that his friend was, at the time, the chief engineer in charge of the power generation at all the dams in the South Island, that generates something over half the power for the whole of NZ, and was the sort of person who takes her car apart on a weekend for fun...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kasarn

I've seen Titanic once and I didn't think that there was anything overly wrong with it.
Then again, I may just like sappy love stories >_>

/distraction
Star Wars prequels. Discuss.

Vidar

Quote from: Kasarn on February 05, 2007, 10:15:55 AM
I've seen Titanic once and I didn't think that there was anything overly wrong with it.

* is not distracted *

Except that it is very, very long, sappier than a newly planted forest, more predictable than gravity, LONG, inflicted on every man that had a girlfriend when it was in theaters (and, therefore, should be banned by the Geneva convention), boring, and did I mention LONG?

back on topic: every batman movie made, except for the animated ones.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Manawolf

Mask of the Phantasm kicked all their asses!

From what I saw of Batman Begins in a sneak peak, I knew I wasn't going to see it.  What kind of voice is that for Batman, the guy's laying it on way too thick.

Vidar

Quote from: Manawolf on February 05, 2007, 11:21:21 AM
Mask of the Phantasm kicked all their asses!

From what I saw of Batman Begins in a sneak peak, I knew I wasn't going to see it.  What kind of voice is that for Batman, the guy's laying it on way too thick.

I agree. All the movie-batman's are rather too metrosexual to bear the name Batman. One of them had NIPPLES on his costume for crying out loud.
The only non-animated batman that was done right in some fashion was in the short fan-made film "Batman: Dead end". Why can't hollywood get a dark brooding hero right, when a bunch of students on a tight budget can?
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Valynth

My addition to this pile:  All the Scooby Doo movies made except the one about real zombies in a swamp and the one with Ben Ravencroft (or what ever the heck his name was).  Those two are the only ones I found worth watching of the series, but thats only in the series.  And even for that I didn't bother remembering the names of the movie.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Manawolf

After so much theology this semester, I am finally reminded of the Ten Commandments.  Not only because such things as the five books Moses gives at the end weren't actually written by his time, but also that whole scene while God's printing out the commandments for him.

"**** people, I'm gone for like a day and this is what I return to?"

Then he throws the slab with the commandments at them.  Smooth move, now how are you going to read them to the survivors?

And that's not even mentioning the cheesy acting and the fact I missed the first half of the movie.

Saist

I'm surprised nobody has nominated the Double Dragon film, or any Uwe Boll Films (BloodRayne)

Manawolf

I did note any film off a video game done by Uwe Boll, I just haven't had the torture of seeing them myself.

Zedd

Everyone knows Blanka wasnt skinny shrimp like Edward Elric

Manawolf

Well, at least it wasn't as bad as the korean live action TV show they made out of it, which wasn't even authorized by Capcom.

Zedd

*Shudders in fear of the whimpness of M. Bison*

bill

Quote from: Manawolf on February 06, 2007, 02:58:57 AM
I did note any film off a video game done by Uwe Boll, I just haven't had the torture of seeing them myself.
BloodRayne is the only one worth watching, but you need popcorn. The rest fall into the category of "Painfully Bad", rather than "MST3K Bad".