That "News" Thread

Started by Gabi, January 22, 2007, 05:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Ugh, Pepsi Blue was nasty, tasted like mouth wash.  I've always wanted to try Pepsi clear, though.  I know it would taste the exact same, but I would still like to try it.

Damaris

We found two bliss-filled cases of Vanilla Coke today.  They are now ours...  :mwaha

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Netami

Hey here's a newsflash for all you coke and pepsi fiends: DR. PEPPER RULES YOUR WORLD!

YEEEEEAAAAHHHH  >:O

xHaZxMaTx

Netami

I also wanted to say that, despite my preference, my friends did manage to snag some Vanilla Coke for tonight's D&D game at the behest of knowledge that I gained from reading this thread. Scary, scary.

bill

Quote from: Netami on June 03, 2007, 12:14:10 AM
Hey here's a newsflash for all you coke and pepsi fiends: DR. PEPPER RULES YOUR WORLD!

YEEEEEAAAAHHHH  >:O
Coke == Dr. Pepper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pepsi.
(Moxie owns them all, though.)

bill

Anyone know the story behind the new news addition?  :cry

superluser

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 07, 2007, 05:57:31 PM
Anyone know the story behind the new news addition?  :cry

Which one is that?  The newest one that I noticed was this one:

Quote from: NewsC Schilling (W, 6-2)   IP: 9.0 H: 1 R: 0 E: 0 BB: 0 PC: 100-72

DAMN YOU SHANNON STEWART!!!

Which seems right up your alley.

Shannon Stewart spoiled C. Shilling's no-hitter.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Wish they would bring Lime coke back too...:shifty Limes taste best when its fresh

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Zedd on June 07, 2007, 09:37:52 PM
Wish they would bring Lime coke back too...:shifty Limes taste best when its fresh

There's Diet Coke with Lime, if that counts.

Netrogo

Coke with Lime was indeed awesome. One thing I'd like to try that I never got to though, New Coke.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zedd

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on June 07, 2007, 10:19:33 PM
Quote from: Zedd on June 07, 2007, 09:37:52 PM

There's Diet Coke with Lime, if that counts.
DIET????  :yuck

Eibborn

On the topic of pop, did you guys know that American Coke, or at least the stuff that I had in San Fransisco some months ago, tastes way different from Canadian stuff? It's way sweeter.
/kicks the internet over

superluser

Quote from: Eibbor_N on June 08, 2007, 12:56:42 AMOn the topic of pop, did you guys know that American Coke, or at least the stuff that I had in San Fransisco some months ago, tastes way different from Canadian stuff? It's way sweeter.

Sugar-based soft drinks in the US are different from those anywhere else in the world.  Because they're not based on sugar.  We subsidize corn and put protective tariffs on sugar imports, which makes high-fructose corn syrup more economical to use than real sugar.

So in most of the world, soft drinks are made with sugar, but in the US, they're made with corn syrup.

Feroluce

Quote from: superluser on June 08, 2007, 01:42:59 AM

So in most of the world, soft drinks are made with sugar, but in the US, they're made with corn syrup.

ahh, that actually explains the weird difference in taste Kellz and I noticed in coke while in America. Now that I know, I have the strange urge to go and wash out my mouth... XD

bill

This is why there's a faux-black-market in Mexican Coke in the US.

Tapewolf

I'm guessing it was Bill who put the entire set of lyrics for "Supper's Ready" in the news?   >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

Kryptic

I highly approve of Barenaked Ladies. ^^ One Week's on my top ten list of songs, ever.

And it was in the Digimon movie.

Digimon may have jumped the shark in a flaming ball of suckness after the first two seasons, but at least the soundtrack was always good.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I kinda preferred "She's On Time" myself...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

RJ

Ohhhh, so THOSE are the lyrics for One Week... And here I thought he was saying nonsense words :3

Faerie Alex

It looks so weird when you see it spelled out. It's also hard to read when it scrolls so slowly (too slow for the beat). But I suppose it would like like a blur if it went at the beat.

Song lyrics FTW.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Netami

Turn that shit down! Why the hell is the news ticker spouting out retarded Furgie lyrics?!

At least change the News header to something more appropriate.

bill

Fergie is a talented artist, and I don't appreciate you speaking about her in that manner.

Netami

She is god awful. The black eyed peas could kick her ass out and be perfectly fine. I weep whenever a song is ruined by her annoying voice; they give her shit lyrics, too.

It's a lot like No Doubt turning into Gwen Stefani, turning into "Gwen Stefani and a black chick singing some horrible 'rasta' solo in every song."

Why do you have to add fail to the equation?

superluser

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 22, 2007, 02:50:05 PMFergie is a talented artist, and I don't appreciate you speaking about her in that manner.

It wasn't until today that I realized that there was a Fergie who wasn't the Duchess of York.

bill

Quote from: superluser on June 22, 2007, 07:13:00 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on June 22, 2007, 02:50:05 PMFergie is a talented artist, and I don't appreciate you speaking about her in that manner.

It wasn't until today that I realized that there was a Fergie who wasn't the Duchess of York.
Congratulations, your life is ruined.

RJ

Okay, who's responsible for the 'My Humps' lyrics in the news? And let me guess, they saw Blades of Glory the other day too, right?

Netami

Jimmy: So, Coach, I was thinking about the music for our routine.
Coach: Oh, really?
Chazz: We're gonna dance to one song, and one song only: "Lady Humps" by the Blackeyed Peas. "What you gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk? I'm a get you, get you drunk, get you drunk off my lady humps, my humps, my humps, my lovely lady humps."
Jimmy: [disgusted] I'm not skating to anything with references to lady humps. I don't even know what that means.
Chazz: No one knows what it means-- it's provocative...

RJ

The Iron Lotus scared me. :<