HATEHATEHATEHATEWARNERBROS.....

Started by Teroniss, January 15, 2007, 09:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJ

Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2007, 05:51:17 AM
Quote from: RJ on January 22, 2007, 03:32:04 AMNo Alice in Wonderland 2 either though. Thank goodness for that.

But there was an Alice in Wonderland 2.

Ah yes... let's hope Disney doesn't take it and put it through the shredder first if they ever make a sequel.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: RJ on January 22, 2007, 06:01:03 AM
Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2007, 05:51:17 AM
But there was an Alice in Wonderland 2.

Ah yes... let's hope Disney doesn't take it and put it through the shredder first if they ever make a sequel.

Given the content.... could you tell?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

There is a Cinderella 3.  It's already been made...  :U

Disney must be A-bombed.. immediately! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Quote from: Manawolf on January 22, 2007, 02:45:43 AM
Quote from: Teroniss on January 22, 2007, 02:29:37 AM
Ive only got five words for this thread at this point. Those are........."Loonatics" and "New Scooby Doo Mysteries"

We've been KNOWING about them.  You forgot "Shag and Scooby Doo get a Clue" though.  Surprisingly, the new "Tom and Jerry" has stayed pretty true to its roots.

And I know there have probably been thousands of furries begging Disney to re-release Robin Hood.  They don't ask for a sequel because they already know where that's going to lead.

Robin Hood: Most Wanted Edition. Technically, the special edition. But gah... still not enough bonus features on it. -_- Not that I would expect them to, seeing as how it was the first ever Disney movie that Walt didn't have anything to do with.
Also, they've been playing it a lot on tv and actually acknowledging it again, after ignoring it for about 12-13 years. I'm fearing they are about to make a Robin Hood 2. :/  My favorite Disney movie is about to join the craptastic sequel group..

Brunhidden

you can actually blame robin hood the disney version for the widespread popularity of furrs. they stated that originally it would have been a human, but liked the idea of telling the story in a diffrent way. the concept was "how would the animals have told the story?" somehow popped up and then suddenly anthros found a place in the disney lineup for following movies. mickey mouse? not really movie material, and only he and his friends had a show. after anthros became more popular you found chip and dale and goofy getting all thier own shows.

disney movies and series are well over half of the anthropomorphic charicters anyone here has ever been exposed to, the rest consisting mostly of buggs bunny and such. ones like woody woodpecker are kind of 'green party' in this game.

blame disney for doing foxes in tunics, bears flying planes, chipmonks in hawian shirts, lions who would be kings, singing crabs, bouncing bears, and filthy rich ducks. enough of them made us think this was a lot more normal then if robin hood hadnt been a fox and about half those shows would have reached us.

cause there woldnt be a ninja turtle if we hadnt had a stottish duck
:mikelo2 "I didn't do anything to any duck, that paternity test was a lie!"

QuoteArt is making something out of nothing and selling it.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on January 22, 2007, 02:01:13 PMdisney movies and series are well over half of the anthropomorphic charicters anyone here has ever been exposed to, the rest consisting mostly of buggs bunny and such. ones like woody woodpecker are kind of 'green party' in this game.

I dunno.  Woody Woodpecker, Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies et al. are generally considered not furry.  They're talking animals, which allows narratives to be constructed more easily.  They are not generally considered to be people of a different species.

On the other hand, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Underdog, King Leonardo and His Short Subjects, among others are pretty decisively furry.  And they predate both Robin Hood and The Jungle Book.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2007, 02:42:23 PM
And they predate both Robin Hood and The Jungle Book.

... I presume you're referring to the Disney Movie versions thereof, and not the original books...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 22, 2007, 04:09:50 PM
Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2007, 02:42:23 PMAnd they predate both Robin Hood and The Jungle Book.
... I presume you're referring to the Disney Movie versions thereof, and not the original books...

Well, in the case of The Jungle Book, yes.  In the case of Robin Hood, there really wasn't an original book.  Anyways, we were discussing the Disney animated feature of Robin Hood, so specifying that they were the animated feature versions should have been unnecessary.

Vidar

Quote from: Alondro on January 22, 2007, 11:01:32 AM
There is a Cinderella 3.  It's already been made...  :U

Disney must be A-bombed.. immediately! 
Yeah.
Cartoon Network makes enough quality animation shows (like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) to render Di$ney obsolete. And Dreamworks makes better feature-length animated movies (like Shrek, though that is looking like it's going into sequel hell, too). What was the last good Disney cartoon again? Something without a princess that breaks into a sappy song at the drop of a hat....
Maybe The Incredibles could count (3 years ago), Nightmare before Christmas was good (14 years ago), the Great Mouse Detective ( over 20 years ago ("Let me be good to you")) and some before that. The rest has a high Singing Sappy Princess factor, high Political-Correctness / Touchy-Feely factor, and rates rather low on the coolness factor.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Valynth

About the only thing Disney has right now, animation or otherwise is Pirates of the Caribbean.

Other than that, they're dead and have been since Walt died.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Llewelyn

They brought us Gargoyles though, you gotta give them that.

Vidar

Quote from: Llewelyn on January 26, 2007, 10:24:01 AM
They inflicted Gargoyles on us though, you gotta give them that.

FIXED FOR GREAT TRUTH AND JUSTICE!

It started out promising, but at some point it went  :tohell

\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

superluser

Quote from: Llewelyn on January 26, 2007, 10:24:01 AMThey brought us the Coen Brothers though, you gotta give them that.

Re-fixed.