Lilacs stuff

Started by Lilacs, January 13, 2007, 06:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilacs

Here are my current works, some are still in the making. Sorry of the white background, my animator is evil and most of the details would disappear against black. But anyway I hope everyone likes them, if you have any request Iam happy to do them just drop me a PM. Most of the sprites were ripped by me from the game Metal Slug and other sequels of the game from SNK.

Lilacs

Stand

Shoot

Knife

Run

Reload

Run/shoot

Throw

Throw Bomb

Info (aka stand with super wepon)

Jump

Jump/shoot

Jump/use knife

Jump/with super wepon

Jump/use knife/with super wepon

MG

Zapper

Flame Thrower

Toxic gas

Water gun

Units

Walker

Stand

Walk

Reload

Needle

Needel/reload

Hurt

HMG

Lock on HMG

Era Infantry

Grunt-mock

Other Units

Anti-infantry

Drive

Shoot

Reese Tora

wow, thaose are impressive sprites.

I did notice that the walker HMG animation expells casings but the Lock on HMG animation doesn't(it appears to be a continuity error to me).  Was that intentional?
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Aridas

What do you find impressive about them?

Lilacs

Quote from: Reese Tora on January 13, 2007, 08:25:44 PM
wow, thaose are impressive sprites.

I did notice that the walker HMG animation expells casings but the Lock on HMG animation doesn't(it appears to be a continuity error to me).  Was that intentional?

Yes, the Lock on HMG is the firing part of the HMG sprite, the shells expell after the unit stops shooting (if looks like it doesn't Ive done my job). So pretty much the Lock on HMG is a never ending HMG sprite.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 13, 2007, 08:30:54 PM
What do you find impressive about them?

Most of my sprites I ripped my self, and the walker is the Metalslug walker minus the cannon. Sounds simple, it's not the cannon takes up the a big chunk of the sprite.

Aridas

I didn't ask you, since this is about his opinion and not what you actually did, but thanks for trying anyway :P

Either way... I don't really have anything to say. sprites aren't my thing unless they're either made from scratch or do a good job of looking like it.

Reese Tora

well, obviously what I find inpressive is the sprites.  I'm not familiar with the series enough so to be able to tell to what level they are or aren't modified.(seen it a couple times, never played)

Since he admits he ripped and modified the sprites, I don't see any reason for this level of hostility.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Lilacs

*Discovery channel host*
When bored The Lilacs will rip and animate most any thing. Let observed!

But let us remember not to PO an animator or you could ( most likly ) would end up like this guy:

Aridas

THE PLUMBERS' MOUSTACHES ARE MOVING ON THEIR OWN. How screwed up is that?

Oh, and you should probably not throw tanks at foxes. they might catch them and throw them back. 'cause we've got some decent foxables around here.

Xuzaf D

I thought the fox was killing the tank with its mind powers. I can't tell.

Lilacs

He was so one from another forum, he anit a bad guy and don't worry I can aways throw some other things too. Lets  see kirby, a monkey some pie, a cup,the kitchen sinksome mowsDKthe letter Qcomputercookies4......

Xuzaf D

Quote from: Lilacs on January 14, 2007, 12:02:46 AM
He was so one from another forum, he anit a bad guy and don't worry I can aways throw some other things too. LetsĀ  see kirby, a monkey some pie, a cup,the kitchen sinksome mowsDKthe letter Qcomputercookies4......
What he say?

Zedd

Quote from: Warlike on January 14, 2007, 12:16:44 AM
Quote from: Lilacs on January 14, 2007, 12:02:46 AM
He was so one from another forum, he anit a bad guy and don't worry I can aways throw some other things too. Lets  see kirby, a monkey some pie, a cup,the kitchen sinksome mowsDKthe letter Qcomputercookies4......
What he say?
I dont know LOL!

Xuzaf D

Don't use that animation if you don't know the lines. You sound like a 'tard.

Zedd

Blazehawk

I've always liked sprite work, used to do a little of it myself a while back. Nice job there. :3

Tiger_T

Quote from: Lilacs on January 13, 2007, 06:57:43 PM
Here are my current works, some are still in the making. Sorry of the white background, my animator is evil and most of the details would disappear against black. But anyway I hope everyone likes them, if you have any request Iam happy to do them just drop me a PM. Most of the sprites were ripped by me from the game Metal Slug and other sequels of the game from SNK.

Lilacs
You know, the black background is just one of many settings. I myself prefer the DMFA-skin.

Can you post us some examples to show us what they originally looked like?
Pixelshoving is lots of work, so don't just diss it, peeps.

Hmm...
>:3

Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Damaris

http://www.mslugdb.com/main/gallery/sprites/

There's a gallery of Metal Slug sprites, Tiger.  If I was to guess, I would say Trevor is probably the base for the sprite work.

The walking machine is under "Super Vehicles" but I didn't try to match up much of anything else.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Xuzaf D

I think the edits look good, but that mutual destruction fox vs. tank thingy still looks odd.

Tiger_T

I'd say it's meant to. :mowtongue

Thank you, Damaris!
As far as I can see, the .gifs he altered are borrowed from all over the place there.

After seing the originals I can say:
Well done, Lilacs! d :3 b
That's a lot of work done there!

Small critique:
The Needle ones have changing colors in the armor.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK