The Brag Thread.

Started by Aridas, January 01, 2007, 02:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

Go ahead. Brag. I'm not stopping you. Just be sure you state what you're bragging about. Like so:

NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOOOOUR
I finally got an S rank in Ready Steady Go (Known to many as "the FMA theme"), hard difficulty, on "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan" (it's for the DS) a couple days ago. So yeah. I'm a little happy. >.>
Linkies (no story is spoiled except for the background of the play area >.>)

So go on, tell us how much of a loser with no life you are your great gaming accomplishments.

xHaZxMaTx

According to SkorCard.net, I'm one of the top 50 Halo racers in the world. :D  Gunners always get first, but I always drive. :cry

Supercheese

Uhhhhhh, does being really awesome at Super Smash Bros. (both versions) count? I also got all the trophies in Melee (except the one where you had to have a save file for some racing game).

Hmm, getting 100% in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask isn't that big of a thing; all my friends did it too.

My Xbox accomplishment list is absolutely abysmal. The only game I bothered to be really awesome at was Crimson Skies. I'm only decent at Halo and don't play very many other games.

A huge "FAIL" on my list was being addicted to World of Warcraft for a few months. Fortunately, I quit that bad habit and instead post on forums and stuff.   :B

Reese Tora

I can run through the first available jump puzzle in Maplestory (2d platformer MMORPG) (the "john's pink flower basket" quest, sleepywood) without taking a single point of damage.

I don't quite know how impressive that should be.

I ought to get some program to record it so I can post it to youtube.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Aridas

Quote from: Reese Tora on January 01, 2007, 02:16:49 AM
I can run through the first available jump puzzle in Maplestory (2d platformer MMORPG) (the "john's pink flower basket" quest, sleepywood) without taking a single point of damage.

If you can get through it without stopping unless ABSOLUTELY necessary too, I'll bow.

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on January 01, 2007, 02:08:40 AM
According to SkorCard.net, I'm one of the top 50 Halo racers in the world. :D Gunners always get first, but I always drive. :cry
Go Speed Racer Go?

Reese Tora

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 01, 2007, 02:28:42 AM
Quote from: Reese Tora on January 01, 2007, 02:16:49 AM

If you can get through it without stopping unless ABSOLUTELY necessary too, I'll bow.

well, depends on what you define as absolutely nessesary; there are a few places where I stop moving for a few seconds to let the fireball things synch up properly.

If you know of a good program for taking movies of game play, I'll make one and post it to youtube.

(I also am at the point where I'm not allowed to finish the puzzle by double-clicking on the flowers, probably nexon doesn't want me getting so much ore  :cry )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Drake Manaweilder

I once defeated Sephiroth on Proud Mode at Lv 47. I didn't use Trinity Limit, no cheats, and I think I used the Sleeping Lion Key-chain.
Anybody who's fought him in KH II knows how hard he is, and I've not seen anybody else do it below lv 49 yet. soooo....
*Brag brag brag*

Tapewolf

I have done many strange and terrible things but these are my favourites:

Killing the immortal Lord British in Ultima 6 (because he was part of the copy-protection scheme).
Using a quirk of the party gathering system to flick one of my followers across the moat thereby escaping from the castle and circumventing said copy-protection system.  (Hey, I own three legal copies of it now!)

Completing Ultima 9 by crossing the ocean on bridges out of bread and thereby completing the quests in the order I wanted rather than the order Origin tried to enforce.

Doing the same for the far more complex Serpent Isle, a joint effort with my brother.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sirius Griffon

Drake, wow, you have my praise for that achivement. Sephiroth was a pain in the you know what! I never did defeat him sadly x-x;

Lesse here, brags. On my first run trhough of Okami I managed to get all of the karmic transformers. (Though sadly, that Master Blockhead quest still eluded me)

On We love Katamari I ended up rolling a ball so large it had to be seen from space :3

bill

I completed a lap at Isle of Man with the AAR Eagle without crashing. This is hard.
I've won a 6-vs-1 and a 7-vs-1 in Counterstrike in Dust1. The 7-v-1 was using the TMP, which is hard. The 6-v-1 was using the M249. That was also hard.

Arcalane

I think one of my greatest acheivements yet has been completing the first level of Metal Slug 3 without dying once. Given the sheer nature of the Metal Slug series, I'd say that's quite a feat. :P

Other than that, I can't say I've done much else worthy of merit. :<

Gareeku

Does owning every single Sonic game on the Sega Genesis count? :B I'll come back when i've actually got something to brag about...

Vidar

Quote from: Gareeku on January 01, 2007, 01:28:10 PM
Does owning every single Sonic game on the Sega Genesis count? :B I'll come back when i've actually got something to brag about...

Return when you have played and finished all of them, in one sitting, with no pee breaks, immediately after downing 2 gallons of coke.  >:3

I have beaten Castlevania, Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest, Life Force: Salamander, Gremlins 2, Double Dragon 2: The Regenve, and The Adventures of Lolo (1 and 2) on the NES, and everyone knows that NES-games are much harder then  todays sissified games, whish are now little more than movies where you have to press a button every now and then. </elitist bastard>

\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Aridas

Go beat the Ninja Gaiden series and we'll talk >.>

TheGreyRonin

Let's see. I've owned an original NES, a Super Nes, Playstation, and PS2. So far, to date, I've beaten every game I've ever played with no cheat codes whatsoever, save for my newest five.  (Hey, one I've only had for a couple of days...)

Yeah, even with several hundred games, that's not really impressive either...

Supercheese

Quote from: TheGreyRonin on January 01, 2007, 07:27:11 PM
Let's see. I've owned an original NES, a Super Nes, Playstation, and PS2. So far, to date, I've beaten every game I've ever played with no cheat codes whatsoever, save for my newest five.

Power Overwhelming

*flees*

Kitsune Ascendant

Heretic. On black plauge difficulty (for those who don't know, that's the hardest difficulty in the game). up to the end of episode three. and not only did I complete that without dying once, I killed every enemy in every level and found every secret room. That's some serious fps bragging rights right there.

in other old game news, I've beaten tyrian 2000 on suicide difficulty (h8 the fleet level on episode 5), one must fall on it's hardest difficulty, all 9 episodes of jazz jackrabbit (which is no small feat, even on easy).

all of this is without cheats, of course. and I'm making good progress on my metroid prime 2 hard run (I recently got the dark visor).
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Aridas

Starting from suicide? Or otherwise? I'm pretty sure as you play through again and again on the same saves it gets there on its own. Speaking of Heretic... I'd play through that again but not without something like jdoom, it's more fun then >.>

I've done all 4 of Doom's episodes on U-V, still would need to do nightmare and I can't remember if I beat Doom 2 as well... Maybe I did.

Kitsune Ascendant

pretty sure I started on suicide difficulty. I think it increases one level per playthrough of all episodes, so when I last left it I was working on my Lord of the game playthrough. I've found that despite being the lowest costing of the three uber front weapons, the laser is slightly better than the zica laser. lightning cannon isn't that good. too much power drain for not enough damage.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Aridas

I personally prefer hyper pulse, sonic wave set to shoot forward, two zica flamethrowers, and SDF Main Gun as the special weapon. Nothing's gotten by me yet.

King Of Hearts

Well, I remember beating Contra Hard Corps before... english version, the one without the health bars.

And finishing Clive's sidequest in Suikoden 2. jeez... 20 hours finishing an RPG was hectic.

Gareeku

Just got to "Tekken Lord" level on the hardest difficulty in the Arcade Mode of Tekken 5 using Jin Kazama. Next up: Kazuya Mishima.

ShadesFox

I've almost beat Little Nemo the Dream Master and Battle Toads.  If you don't understand why almost beating these games is impressive, then you are too young  >:3

Though I have to great Halo stories.  Once I was banned from a server for hacking, killing everyone left and right.  I never hacked.  Ever.

Though there was a time when people would flee from UT2k4 when I logged onto the server.

Though the best flag from Halo was the PC version of the map sidewinder.  I had cloaking and a flame thrower in the other team's base.  Before I can grab their flag they get our flag.  The normal thing here is for me to grab their flag too and then we have a stalemate until someone gets the flag back.

I just waited there.  With the flame thrower.  In the corridor to their flag.  Invisible.

The other guy who has our flag was running through, probably thinking, "Wheee!  I'm gonna score a point!"  Enter my flame thrower.  I call him Trogdor, the burninator.  He got burninated.  I grabbed our flag then took theirs.  I climb up to the top of their base and left through the teleporter.  Apparently one of our snipers was just taking up position there.  I pretty much had a free run to our base to score a point.
The All Purpose Fox

bill

Ah, that last one reminds me of some old TFC stories. Most of which involve my medkit, and lots of morons.

Aridas

Quote from: ShadesFox on January 03, 2007, 08:54:08 PM
I've almost beat Little Nemo the Dream Master and Battle Toads.
Little Nemo was supposed to be hard? o.o

Arcalane

Quote from: ShadesFox on January 03, 2007, 08:54:08 PMThough the best flag from Halo was the PC version of the map sidewinder.  I had cloaking and a flame thrower in the other team's base.  Before I can grab their flag they get our flag.  The normal thing here is for me to grab their flag too and then we have a stalemate until someone gets the flag back.

Fun. I was once playing Blood Gulch CTF on a slightly modded version (more weapons, and supershield/cloak coming out the ears) so I was riding back and forth on Ghosts to avoid being noticed, caught or shot (invisible person on a Ghost. Irony?). I scored a hat trick for the team and we won that match. :U

People smartened up after then, however.

RJ

Seeing as I used to be such a wuss at computer/video games when I younger, I was over the moon when I completed Banjo Kazooie :B Though it was with cheats....

But I was really happy when I finished KH completely :D

Oh, and can't forget the first time I levelled a Pokemon (from the old blue version) to 100. That was awesome.

Supercheese

Quote from: RJ on January 04, 2007, 10:03:20 AM
Oh, and can't forget the first time I levelled a Pokemon (from the old blue version) to 100. That was awesome.

Rare candy?

ITOS

Quote from: Supercheese on January 04, 2007, 01:28:11 PM
Quote from: RJ on January 04, 2007, 10:03:20 AM

Rare candy?

I used a trick to clone items. I had enough rare candy to get up to level 200 and enough gold to by a town.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Supercheese

Quote from: ITOS on January 04, 2007, 01:37:38 PM
I used a trick to clone items. I had enough rare candy to get up to level 200 and enough gold to by a town.

Yes, the old Missingno. trick (spelling?).