Mount & Blade

Started by Blazehawk, December 30, 2006, 04:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazehawk

Anyone else play this action RPG? :3
You can download the demo at http://www.taleworlds.com/ and play it until your character hits level 6, then you have to buy it or start a new character. Basically you build up an army and run around fighting other armies, though they are adding more stuff like the ability to take over castles and such.
It's pretty neat, open-ended, and has nifty mods, too. (Though some of the good ones haven't been updated to the latest version yet, like The Last Days, a LOTR mod. But you can always install 0.751 and try those out too.) It's not done yet, but you can buy it at a reduced price until they release the final version. (currently it is at $18, version 0.808) I'm going to do that shortly, as I can't get enough of the horseback combat. ^^

Netami

I found this game a long time ago and bought an account through them. It was really a lot of fun for me for quite some time.

My favorite was archery, on foot.

Blazehawk

Quote from: Netami on December 30, 2006, 10:04:06 PM
I found this game a long time ago and bought an account through them. It was really a lot of fun for me for quite some time.

My favorite was archery, on foot.

Neat. :3  I have a penchant for 2-handed axes on horseback myself.   Have you played it lately?  From what I understand they recently made a ton of improvements over older versions, from what I hear on their forums.

thegayhare

I've tried most weapons styles

I'm pretty good at a knight on horseback
A good horse with a couched lance can do massive damage
for back up a I keep a pair of swords (1 handed and 2) with a shield

but my favorite has to be archery, a good bow with to quivers of arrows, and a 2 handed sword back up.

There is nothing quite so satisfiying as facing down a steepe raider,  him charging in on horse back as you take aim.  you wait and wait for just the right moment, then as he'salmost on top of you he lowers his sheild and leans out to sing his axe... Thock, he tumbles back out of the saddle a shaft burried right btween his eyes.

Or standing on a hill as a small horde of enemy foot soldiers charge you, Draw fire draw fire draw fire,  holding just long enough for the straightest shot into the mass of foes.  I can usualy kill all but maybe one or two before they get to me.  Course that depends on there armor and if they have shields.  After those battles I like to walk out and check to see where the majority of my shots landed,  there is sometihng so cool about lookin at the line of soldiers that died just trying to make it to my hill

Ps where can I find these Mods that you mention?

Blazehawk

Quote from: thegayhare on December 31, 2006, 10:24:49 AM
Ps where can I find these Mods that you mention?

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/

Make sure you get a mod that matches the version you are using though, or they won't work. :P
I personally recommend these, I haven't played em all yet though. More to come. :3 :

v751: The Last Days
v808: The Fantasy Mod, Craftmod, Band of Warriors, Recruiting Prisoners(though I've noticed some mods start to combine this with their own), Gladiator Mod

thegayhare

You know If I had the know how to do It I bet a realy cool DMFA mod could be made for this

Blazehawk

Hmm...from what I can tell, if you're good at scripting in Python you can make a decent mod.   :3 *imagines Alexsi riding by and smiting random people with her mallet*
Though it would be fun to stage a hostile takeover of the Inn.  >:3

thegayhare

Ohh Bugger

I can't seem to get the fantasy Mod to work

It loads up
I click start new game
It loads all the way till its about to start then It stops and a Error message pops up that basicly says
Mount and blade decided to stop now

*pouts*

I wanted to ride a tiger

Blazehawk

What exactly is it doing? It works for me, maybe I can help. :3

Akisohida

Edit Again: Horse = The win. I went into a battle 10 against 8 and all of my teamates died to 2 of theirs so it was 8 against me, 2 on horses. I killed all the footmen, shot one of the guys in the head when going by (awsome shot, btw) and then knifed the other one in run-bys because my horse was better than his. ;)

Yet another edit: How do I equip and level up other leaders I get? I have someone named 'Marnid' and he has a level but I can not do anything with him. I am hoping it is possible to equip him because he took out 3 River Pirates in succession in the last battle I was in.

Edit again again: Is there a place to make suggestions for Mount & Blade? The fact that opponents can unequip weapons in the arena but you CAN'T is sublimely unfair. Archers unequip their bow and punch the crud out of me while I try (and fail) to jab them with my lance that I can not unequip and is so slow compared to a punch, I might as well stop pressing anything and wait to get KO'ed. :(
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Blazehawk

Quote from: Akisohida on January 06, 2007, 04:19:46 PM
Edit Again: Horse = The win. I went into a battle 10 against 8 and all of my teamates died to 2 of theirs so it was 8 against me, 2 on horses. I killed all the footmen, shot one of the guys in the head when going by (awsome shot, btw) and then knifed the other one in run-bys because my horse was better than his. ;)

Yet another edit: How do I equip and level up other leaders I get? I have someone named 'Marnid' and he has a level but I can not do anything with him. I am hoping it is possible to equip him because he took out 3 River Pirates in succession in the last battle I was in.

Edit again again: Is there a place to make suggestions for Mount & Blade? The fact that opponents can unequip weapons in the arena but you CAN'T is sublimely unfair. Archers unequip their bow and punch the crud out of me while I try (and fail) to jab them with my lance that I can not unequip and is so slow compared to a punch, I might as well stop pressing anything and wait to get KO'ed. :(

You should be able to use the talk button to access his inventory through trade, if I remember correctly. He will wear/use anything he has the skills for and is better than what he has equipped.
Try the Taleworlds forums, though I think I remember someone posting about that and that it will be addressed.