So, what other anime do people watch here? (general anime discussion & spoilers)

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, December 13, 2006, 02:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

Naruto's already got it's own topic, so please discuss naruto there, instead of here, where I want to discuss other cool anime.

Like a few I started watching recently. Eureka 7. it's pretty cool I kind of picked it up near the end of the last storyline, where the robot-ship thingy got the board thingy. but it was easy to pick up. partially because I can kind of identify with the young guy who's girlfriend is the alien(?) girl. as you might have noticed, I haven't picked up names, yet. but it's cool. I might the first season/whatever at best buy. might not, though.

'nother cool one I picked up is trinity blood. at least, I think that's the name. only seen a few episodes of it, but it has also already caught me in it's story web. my first impression: it's cool. my second impression. the young looking vampire dude yells too much, and he sound's kinda girly. my third impression: puppetmaster needs to get his ass kicked. I fully expect to find that he's either the main villian of the arc, perhaps the entire series to date. or at least a high ranking evil arse.

I've also caught bleach, starting with the one where the girl with the six faerie thingies gets her powers. well, a few episodes before that, actually. anyways, it's also cool.

and there's also samuri champloo. oh, and whatever the next one after that is. that one  kinda freaks me out.

summary: I've started staying up 'till 3 in the morning sunday watching saturday's anime on cartoon network. it all kicks ass.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

King Of Hearts

Currently Im engrossed watching

-Utawarerumono [War story based on a hentai game that spawned a PS2 SRPG.]
-Onmyou Taisenki [I have NO idea why Im watching this except for Kogenta's outbursts]
-V Gundam [Kinda depressing at times but really strikes at the core theme of Gundam about the horrors of war]
-Princess Tutu [Best Soundtrack on an anime ever... if only for the reason that they use Classical Music, Swan Lake FTW!]

Vidar

One Piece, back when it didn't go over the top quite THAT far.
Ranma 1/2
Urusei Yatsura, an oldie but a goodie.
Oh my goddess
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Miaka

the boy in Eureka 7's name is Renton, and I think the blue-haired chick is named Eureka.
granted, I only saw thye first few at the MIT anime club, but.....

I'm not really watching anything outside of Bleach and Death Note at the moment, but I'm reading Rurouni Kenshin, and... not really much else. >>
I want to check out Samurai 7 as well as some other's my mind is blanking on at the moment.

Alondro

I have seen Bleach up to episode 106, subtitled, because the Japanese voices are much better.   :3  Seriously, though.  I think the characters must be made of nothing but blood-filled bags of skin.  Every time they get cut, it's like a crimson tidal wave! 

I've also watched a show called Beet the Vandel Buster.  It seems to have some promise and I hope it continues.  The second series is playing now:  Beet the Excellion Blade.  The true villain is only shown near the end of the first series.  I suspect it's manipulating both humans and Vandels for its own ends.

And as for others I've seen recently:  re-watched Evangelion, Digimon Tamers (the best series) and the new Digimon... Bantyoleomon is kinda piratey-cool.  Of course, it remains to be seen if the Leomon trend of death continues in this series.  It's been noted that Leomon ALWAYS dies. 

*Alondro sniffle*  What did we lions do to deserve that?   :<

There've been a few other goofy series I've checked out.  Most of the stuff on Cartoon Network now isn't all that interesting to me.  And I've seen the Samurai Champloo repeats about 5 times already.  :p
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

RJ

o_o I've lost track of all the stuff I've seen since joining an anime club.

Nikki

Xze Watches lotsa anime ^w^

-InuYasha
-Ranma 1/2
-Moon Phase
-Bleach
-Samurai Champloo
-Wolf's Rain
-YuYu Hakusho
-Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat
-Excel Saga
-Puni Puni Poemi
-DNAngel
-Azumanga Diaoh
-DragonBall/Z/GT
-Fruits Basket
-Full Moon
-Cowboy Bebop

there's more that i can't remember the names of D:

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

xHaZxMaTx

Hmm, I'm not a huge fan of anime, but I still watch it.  Though I guess my range is kind of limited, only ever watching it on [Adult Swim].

Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop are, without a doubt, my favorites.

Nikki

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 13, 2006, 10:11:52 AM
Hmm, I'm not a huge fan of anime, but I still watch it.  Though I guess my range is kind of limited, only ever watching it on [Adult Swim].

Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop are, without a doubt, my favorites.
Cowboy Bebop IS cool  :mowhappy my fave characters are Ed & Ein =3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

xHaZxMaTx

Zina

One Piece is amazing and I'm amazing for liking it, I don't care who tells me different. Especially now that they've gotten that cool, new ship. feojff Franky, you're winning me over.
Uh...I love Angel Sanctuary, but that's a manga...unless you count the OVA...which you shouldn't. :<
I also loved Outlaw Star. That was some good nonsense. And GTO. But I liked the live-action drama, more. Oh Onizuka. I need you as MY teacher.

Other than that, I really don't watch that much anime, these days. I blame lack of time, lack of money, lack of time and lack of patience.

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: Xze-Xze on December 13, 2006, 10:00:20 AM
Xze Watches lotsa anime ^w^

-InuYasha
-Ranma 1/2
-Moon Phase
-Bleach
-Samurai Champloo
-Wolf's Rain
-YuYu Hakusho
-Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat
-Excel Saga
-Puni Puni Poemi
-DNAngel
-Azumanga Diaoh
-DragonBall/Z/GT
-Fruits Basket
-Full Moon
-Cowboy Bebop

there's more that i can't remember the names of D:

wow. I've only heard of about a third of those, and I've only watched db (entire series), dbz (stopped after the buu saga, though I've seen some of the movies recently), dbgt (I caught up to the end of the bebe saga, yu yu hakusho (they need to bring tha that back to toonami), and of course samurai champloo.

anyways, I found the name of that one after samurai champloo. it's called paranoia agent, and it has to have one of the strangest intros I have ever seen. that and the show itself is kinda creepy.

oh, and I almost forgot bobobo. I believe that counts as anime. it's funny.

and while on the subject of anime I've watched that I don't anymore:
there's of course, yu yu hakusho. Like g gundam, zoids new century zero, zoids chaotic century, and Ronin Warriors, they stopped showing it on toonami.
then, there's van dread, Mirage of blaze, and street fighters 2. all of those show or showed on digital channels that I don't get down here at college.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Stygian

Cowboy Bebop is officially one of the greatest animes ever, and it only does its creators credit that they went on to create things such as for example Wolf's Rain. The only problem might be that even such great directors and producers such as Shinichiro Watanabe (Nabeshin!) tend to go with story concepts that seem to have way too many loose ends.

Aisha deCabre

Anime...yeesh, I could talk about this stuff for hours just on the shows that I watch alone.  I could probably name over twenty of them by now.   :U

I actually want to get into Naruto...it looks like something I would get into as well...sadly I didn't see much of the beginning, and I have this thing where I can't really get into a series unless I DO see it from the beginning.  But from the episodes I've seen, it's funny and quite dark.

I believe I've said a thousand times that Inuyasha is my favorite...I've also gotten into Yu Yu Hakusho from when it was on Adult Swim instead of Toonami that one time.  Recently I've gotten into Oban Star Racers as well...and then there's Rouroni Kenshin (I TOTALLY wish they'd bring that one back, that I do.   :3 ) And also Outlaw Star, of which one of the characters was the inspiration for my name here.  :3  Some of the better animes I've caught on Adult Swim of course, such as Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, Big O, and Kikaider (probably the darkest one of the lot...)

What's funny is that before Pokemon, I never did like anime much...I just thought it was too different and wacky.  But then I got into the whole thing for the good stories and the wackiness.   :rolleyes  The FUNNIEST series ever is probably the Tenchi ones...also I used to watch Sailor Moon when I was little, probably the only one that caught my eye.

And then it was my brother that got me into the whole Dragonball epic, and I started watching it when in the very midst of the Cell saga.  Of course I think the show started to slip a little after the Buu saga...

The wierdest anime that I've ever seen?  FLCL and/or Bobobo-Bo-Bobobo.  I can't even tell what the heck is happening in the former most of the time...and the latter I've only seen one episode.

I could go on and on and on... XD
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Drake Manaweilder

Animes i watch:
-InuYasha (seen most of the series)
-Full Metel Alchemist (started this summer, know some of the background from the 2nd  game. have also read the 1st and 3rd manga*)
-Bleach (just started watching, don't know where I amn the series)

I haven't really seen too many episodes of any of these due to the fact that i only have YTV.. which only show them late night on Fridays. this wouldent be soo bad if it was on Saturdays, as i usually have the energy to stay up late then, but I'm always wiped out from highschool on fridays and am usually in a "ug... sleep..." mood when I get home.  :< 

*my schools library dosn't seem to have the 2nd one

(EDIT: thanks Supercheese)

Supercheese

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on December 13, 2006, 04:22:38 PM
-Full Metel Alchamest(sp?)

Alchemist*. I just recently burned a copy of the series for my friend (I still haven't gotten around to finishing watching it...)

Another series I've been watching is Mai-HiME. I love the way the subtitles are colored based on the characters' hair color (or other primary trait)

Kitsune Ascendant

I have to agree that dbz kinda started slipping after the buu saga.
And I'd recomend more bobobo. only problem is, toonami stopped showing it. those dirty so-and-sos. they need to bring back the really cool stuff. Ronin Warriors, yu yu hakusho, zoids (either of the ones I mentioned before), g gundam. they had some good stuff.

Miaka

I used to watch Yu Yu Hakusho, and finished Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Outlaw Star, Trigun, and maybe a few others. >>

Eibborn

Lately, I've been watching a lot of First Season Digimon on YouTube (:D:D)
(http://youtube.com/results?search_query=digimon+season+1&search=Search) along with Gundam Wing which my friend bought. Worth every penny I paid! In fact, worth every penny she paid, too!
/kicks the internet over

KarlOmega1

for me:
-Inuyasha
-FMA (Full Metal Alchemist)
-Ghost in the shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG (the intro to it anyway).
-(this spot reserved for any anime I start to like)
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Blazehawk

Stuff I've been into of late:
Haibane-Renmei
Ergo Proxy
Serial Experiments Lain
NieA Under 7
Tehxnolyze
Witch Hunter Robin

I was watching Bleach and Naruto as well, but I've fallen behind in Bleach because of a rough semester, and Naruto just has too many fillers.  :U

Roureem Egas

I watch a lot of anime and several people also listed some of them before, so I won't post that many. The ones that I watch that aare currently ongoing are: Ryuusei no Rockman, Buso Renkin, and the new series of Negima.

My all-time favorite is xxxholic, which is where I take the majority of the sigs I have. The season's over and I haven't heard anything about a new one coming out anytime soon, which sucks since the show kicks ass.

Elader Arkon

Umm, some anime I've watched recently:

Trigun (all the episodes. Wolfwood Rules)
Gunslinger Girl
Hellsing
Trinity Blood (I want more! I've only seen a couple episodes, and I love it all)
FullMetal Alchemist (I've finally finished the series and am now the proud owner of the Conqueror of Shamballa movie special edition...)
Outlaw Star

RJ

:dface I just realised that because I'm leaving tomorrow for a short camp-out, I'll miss out on my club's screening!

:< And I was so loving The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya too... well all get up and dance at the end too  :rolleyes

Hm, I'll try and make a list of stuff I've seen a bit of:

DNAngel
Angelic Layer
Inuyasha (I swear I only bought some DVDs of it because my penpal was a fan and wanted me to draw art of it)
Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig
Trigun (never saw the ending)
.Hack// (Sign and Legend of the Twilight Bracelet)
Samurai Champloo
Galaxy Angel
Bleach (I haven't seen much into the Soul Society arc because our club stopped airing it)
FMA
Hellsing
Ergo Proxy (had to stop airing that too)
Samurai Champloo (never saw the end either because of it going on tv, but they never showed the end anyway because of the World Football)
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
ASTRO BOY (whoo, getting the box set of the 80s version for Christmas)
FLCL
Cromartie High (I swear that thing is hilariously bad)
Pet Shop of Horrors
Rozen Maiden (some at least)
Kaledostar
Gankutsuou (a couple eps)
X/1999 (just started watching it. I wona Kamui plushie)
One Piece (so unfortunate I can only watch the dub)
Tokyo Mew Mew (same here)
She the Ultimate Weapon
Many different Ghibli titles
Planetes
Neon Genesis
FMP: FUMOFFU
Naruto (yeah, I've seen of it though I'm mostly a manga reader)
And then all those mainstream ones from years ago

And those are just the ones I remember directly...

xHaZxMaTx

Alondro

Hmm, I guess I'll make a list of everything I've seen enough of to get an opinion.  Oh, and Yu-Yu Hakusho really weakens in the last arc.  The ending looked like a major cop-out due to sinking ratings.  There was a big set-up that looked like it could be quite interesting, then the whole thing just fell apart with a cliche tornament ending in Demon World.

All anime I have seen:

Voltron
Star Blazers
All Digimon Series
Gumdam Wing
G Gundam
Teknoman
DB and DBZ
Pokemon (enough to know I hate it)
Evangelion (with the ending inspired by shrooms)  ;)
FLCL (made by the Evangelion peoples!)
.hack/sign
Ghost in the Shell... everything, have both movies.  Got my brother addicted to anime with it.  >:3
Naruto
Bleach
Beet the Vandel Buster
Eureka 7
Sergent Keroro SS (odd little alien frog thingees O_o )
Alien 9 (short series)
Blue Gender (meh, depressing series)
Wolf's Rain (be sure to watch it if you're considering suicide... to make sure you'll go through with it.  Very dark and melancholy show.  Though the ending was changed because fans didn't like the original ending that left alot open... so we got the 'Armageddon is what makes the world go round' ending)
Tenchi Muyo (all the series,  plus the Tenchi in Love movie)
Witch Hunter Robin (another cheery series for those who like cutting themselves!  Whee!)
Escaflowne (I WANT TO SEE THE LAST 6 EPISODES DAMMIT!!!) + the movie
Monster Rancher
Trigun (I saw the ending!  Bwah ha ha!)
Cowboy Beebop (episode 5: Ballad of Fallen Angels... awesomeness)

And there are several other series I can't remeber the names of.

Other Movies that don't have TV series:  Everything ever made by Hayo Miazaki and Isao Takahara... except Kiki's Delivery Service, which eludes me... for now!  

Akira:  you are not a fan of anime if you haven't seen this.  It is a classic.

Uhm... a couple others whose names escape me.  

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

admford

Hmmmm.... Well i've been interested in a number of anime out there. Evangelion naturally got me interested in it in the first place. The others that I watch are:

Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
Cowboy Bebop
Planetes (this one got me to take Aerospace Engineering in college)
Keroro Gunsou (yup, the frog like aliens again, bent on taking over the world, that or making Gunplas all the time)

Also along with the anime, i'm keeping up with some manga, Evangelion: Iron Maiden and a rather new one here in Italy, Moonlight Mile (similar to Planetes in style and such). Strange though, most of the more "realistic" technology that are shown in animes I tend to look at on how one could replicate them in real life (like FMP's Arm Slave control system to replicate the pilot's arm movement...). Oh well, I tend to geek out from time to time :P

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

GabrielsThoughts

bubblegum crisis, I saw the original series and I own the A.D. police series and the entire 2040 series,
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tiger_T

Anime I've once watched/am watching?

Let's see...
(In no particular order other than when I remembered them while writing them down)

Shin Chan
Naruto
One Piece
Sailor Moon
Queen of the 1000 years
Full Metal Alchemist
Inu Yasha
Wedding Peach
Card Capture Sakura
Ranma 1/2
Dr Slump
The Vision of Escaflowne
Dragonballs / Z / GT
Pokemon
Kimba the White Lion
Earth Girl Arjuna
Taro Alien
Bubblegum Crisis
Cowboy Bebop
Rock'nRoll Cop
Gundam Wing
All Digimon Series
Monster Rancher
Akira
Deep Blue
Golden Boy
Blue Submarine No. 6
Perfect Blue
Shaman King
Hellsing
Chihiro (Ghibli dunno the exact title)
Detective Conan
(You might note that I just skimmed a Wiki-List to find titles I know from here on)
Beyblade
Cutey Honey
DoReMi
Gunsmith Cats
Heidi
Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne
Grave of the Fireflies
The last Unicorn
Lupin III
Mila Superstar
Kickers
Mononoke Hime
The Secret of Blue Water
Nils Holgersson
Oh My MiniGoddess
Najica
Pinocchio
Record of Lodoss War
Saber Rider and the Starsheriffs
Samurai Pizza Cats
Slayers
Cat's Eye
Captain Tsubasa
Yu-Gi-Oh

...to name just a few.
(I'm sure I missed a lot nontheless)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK