12-7-06 Xander! Nooo!

Started by Akisohida, December 06, 2006, 09:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on December 07, 2006, 08:49:27 AM
If Xander was just a being, he'd be long dead by the current DMFA year anyway!

Well even before my 'Xander in SAIA' thing, there was speculation that he was a demon, in which case he would have still have been alive today.  That might still be the case, depending on what happens next...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

Quote from: Black_angel on December 07, 2006, 09:01:20 AM
when Glory asked whether Devin had noticed the state of his "third party member," could she have meant Xander?
No, because he wasn't dead and they weren't being attacked at that point, and she didn't correct Devin when he mentioned Abel's wings.

Akisohida

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 07, 2006, 09:42:16 AM
when Glory asked whether Devin had noticed the state of his "third party member," could she have meant Xander?
No, because he wasn't dead and they weren't being attacked at that point, and she didn't correct Devin when he mentioned Abel's wings.

That and since Devin knows Glory, it can be assumed Xander does as well and since Abel would be new to Glory, that would make Abel the 'third party member'; the third person Glory has seen adventuring with Devin.

Side note: If Xander is dead; He did not have a red shirt but he DID have red eyes! Amber put a twist on the Star Trecks 'Red Shirt Rule'! :D

Edit: 'Wanna bet I can ding the tower from here?' Since Devin has no weapons, it can be assumed he must have some powerful magic to go monster hunting without them. Wanna bet has 'That's not a fireball' *summons up a fireball the size of the cart* 'THIS is a fireball!'
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

rt

He didn't appear in the last two comics, so it's possible he may have been dead for a while. Come to think of it, when Glory asked whether Devin had noticed the state of his "third party member," could she have meant Xander? After all, Abel was standing right next to him.

Hmm, found his ear and eye just before they started that conversation, so I'd say likely not
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_56.php

:cry I guess the fireballs got him  :cry

I guess this eliminates the Xander=Monster speculation though

Tapewolf

Quote from: Akisohida on December 07, 2006, 09:59:34 AM
Side note: If Xander is dead; He did not have a red shirt but he DID have red eyes! Amber put a twist on the Star Treks 'Red Shirt Rule'! :D
Devin and Abel seem to actually react to the loss of a teammate, unlike Star Trek where they seem to calmly flush the crewman down the toilet and promptly forget they ever existed.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Akisohida

I have one more theory and this regards the creek 'nearby'. If the creature was in the tower the whole time, why did I not kill Xander when Xander went into the base to send a message..or attack when they put out the fire? It would have had to come back AFTER Xander sent the message and left to go to the creek. That means the creek has to be out of sight of the building or there was a good chance they would see it sneaking in. Want to bet that Xander was killed (or incapacitated) when he went in to send the message and what Devin and Abel had with them was a magic copy or illusion? Perhaps made to 'die' to take the fight out of Abel and Devin? Maybe the copy will fade away when Devin runs over to it and Devin will realise they have been duped and kick some monster buttocks and find Xander, beaten and barely-alive, somewhere inside and the Paladin, as per her oath, will heal him despite not getting along with Devin or Xander.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Nikki

the half-breed's lower lip trembles as she starts to break down, crying

Not Xander! Anyone But Xander!  :cry :cry :cry :cry

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Snuggles

He reminded me of my old pet  :tired
:cry  :cry
Anyone need a hug
:hug

superluser

Quote from: rt on December 07, 2006, 10:05:00 AMI guess this eliminates the Xander=Monster speculation though

Hardly.  It would be the perfect cover.  Pretend to die behind the front while simultaneously launching an attack from the other side.  The enemy gets their defenses pointed towards the front, and you sneak up behind and attack.

Of course, this strip has put me in a sad mood, so I'm not really inclined to follow up on this line of speculation.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Reese Tora

Quote from: Akisohida on December 07, 2006, 10:38:48 AM
I have one more theory and this regards the creek 'nearby'. If the creature was in the tower the whole time, why did I not kill Xander when Xander went into the base to send a message..or attack when they put out the fire? It would have had to come back AFTER Xander sent the message and left to go to the creek. That means the creek has to be out of sight of the building or there was a good chance they would see it sneaking in. Want to bet that Xander was killed (or incapacitated) when he went in to send the message and what Devin and Abel had with them was a magic copy or illusion? Perhaps made to 'die' to take the fight out of Abel and Devin? Maybe the copy will fade away when Devin runs over to it and Devin will realise they have been duped and kick some monster buttocks and find Xander, beaten and barely-alive, somewhere inside and the Paladin, as per her oath, will heal him despite not getting along with Devin or Xander.

New theory :D
I would have expected this sort of behavior from charline, but...

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 07, 2006, 12:20:11 AM
Like his, a mute and uncomplaining sleep;
For he is gone, where all things wise and fair
Descend;—oh, dream not that the amorous Deep
Will yet restore him to the vital air;
Death feeds on his mute voice, and laughs at our despair.

Poor kid. :<
Quote from: superluser on December 07, 2006, 01:43:46 AM
Mother, all this indeed hath Jove fulfill'd;
Yet what avails it, since my dearest friend
Is slain, Patroclus? whom I honour'd most
Of all my comrades, lov'd him as my soul.
Him have I lost: and Hector from his corpse
Hath stripp'd those arms, those weighty, beauteous arms,
A marvel to behold

I wonder how close Devin and Xander were.  It will be quite difficult for him to mourn properly for a while, which could bode very poorly for his mental health.

Alas, poor Xander! - I knew him, Abel; a
fellow of infinite jest, of most excelent
fancy: he hath borne me on his back a thou-
sand times and now, how abhorred in my
imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here
hung those lips that I ahve kissed I know
not how oft. Where are your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merri-
ment, that were wont to set the table on a
roar? Not one now, to mock your own grin-
ning? Quite chap-fallen? Now get you to my
lady's chamber, and tell her, let her paint an
inch thick, to this favor she must come;
make her laugh at that.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

thegayhare

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 07, 2006, 05:34:48 AM
Now, Abel has done magic courses - one would assume he has been taught some degree of healing magic.  If Xander is not already dead, it could be interesting to see what he's capable of.

I don't think able has any healing magics other then the most basic of basics. 

after all afte a couple hundred years at saia (learning everything he could) he still had to go to nurse RJ to get his damages repaired

Psaakyrn

Quote from: thegayhare on December 07, 2006, 12:29:12 PM
Now, Abel has done magic courses - one would assume he has been taught some degree of healing magic.  If Xander is not already dead, it could be interesting to see what he's capable of.

after all afte a couple hundred years at saia (learning everything he could) he still had to go to nurse RJ to get his damages repaired

You do realise that loss of a whole wing is not exactly a flesh wound?

Then again, how did Xander get cut up anyway? The fiends are a) on the roof, and b) throwing fireballs (or flaming arrows as mentioned by someone), but being heavily injured (if not dead) and bleeding at the arm generally means multiple cut wounds (at least two, since arm cuts are usually not that instant-fatal).

But my main question is still, why did the fiends return? Did they miss something, or is Xander/Abel/Devin of sufficient interest to the fiends to justify returning to a place they recently rampaged?
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Snuggles

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 07, 2006, 12:39:40 PM

Then again, how did Xander get cut up anyway? The fiends are a) on the roof, and b) throwing fireballs (or flaming arrows as mentioned by someone), but being heavily injured (if not dead) and bleeding at the arm generally means multiple cut wounds (at least two, since arm cuts are usually not that instant-fatal).

But my main question is still, why did the fiends return? Did they miss something, or is Xander/Abel/Devin of sufficient interest to the fiends to justify returning to a place they recently rampaged?
You never know... He could have gotten a arrow or fireball to the head or face and she didn't want to show all of the blood and other stuff.

thegayhare

Are you sure? for a cubi who'd have regrown the whole thing anyway.  besides he didn't take care of any of his other injuries himself either.  besides what good would healing magic do for abel?  He's have to stop puking long enough to heal the target

as for the blood from fire balls

it depends if these are the exploding kind it could have blown his head clean off or a large portion of his chest or simply blown him to peices and the hand could ends at a stump just off panel.  a near miss could have destroyed a rock showering Xander with a spray of shrapnel, or cuased a tree to fall on him.  Or there could have been more then one type of projectile.

now that I think about it there is alot od wisdom in targeting Xander first.  With his bow he's got the only obvous means of long range retaliation

superluser

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 07, 2006, 12:39:40 PMbut being heavily injured (if not dead) and bleeding at the arm generally means multiple cut wounds (at least two, since arm cuts are usually not that instant-fatal).

Well, Xander could have been struck by a fireball and crashed to the ground, causing him to bleed, and the blood would have run all over.  Plus, his fur would have acted like a wick.

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 07, 2006, 12:39:40 PMBut my main question is still, why did the fiends return? Did they miss something, or is Xander/Abel/Devin of sufficient interest to the fiends to justify returning to a place they recently rampaged?

I'm of the opinion that the creature keeps circling back to the fort in an effort to draw out adventurers (or possibly Glory in particular).

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Izkata

Xander....  =(

Huh... look at Abel in the next to last panel... he's curled up with his hands on his head and his tail around a leg...  Either scared of the fire and/or monster, or a headache, or both...  And if I was scared of the monster, I'd be trying to look around the side to see if it was coming/aiming this way or not...

terrycloth

Quote from: Izkata on December 07, 2006, 02:25:45 PM
Huh... look at Abel in the next to last panel... he's curled up with his hands on his head and his tail around a leg...  Either scared of the fire and/or monster, or a headache, or both...  And if I was scared of the monster, I'd be trying to look around the side to see if it was coming/aiming this way or not...

I think Abel's just totally lost it and frozen up, because he's not used to fighting. I really can't see him doing anything useful in the fight, regardless of whatever magic he might have learned, unless someone pushes him to snap out of it.

Which might happen.

willow186129

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on December 06, 2006, 10:01:18 PM
Keep in mind we don't know it is xander at this point, I only noticed a pale green hand, Xander could have just as easily lobbed it off at the wrist because it went bad and has since replaced it with a chainsaw.

Groovy  :U

On another note! Xander was my favorite character. ;-; You're not supposed to kill the nice spotty dog, it's just not cool.

thetire

No idea if this has been posted before, but I think he's gonna be transported to a different dimention apon death.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Zander on December 07, 2006, 08:20:25 PM
No idea if this has been posted before, but I think he's gonna be transported to a different dimention apon death.

Don't worry! He's got 49 lives left! :U

Gildedtongue

*plucks some feathers from a baby Phoenix chick, and goes to drop them on Xander's body*

REVIVE!

Hmmm, must've died in a cinema sequence... nuuuu!

*blinks and has an angry Phoenix mum behind hir* ut oh.

thegayhare

Ohhh and that fits him too

Wait I wonder... Ms Amber did say some where she used to watch Drawn together... When did Xander first apear in Furra...   

Gasp she stoled him from comedy central

Zedd

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 07, 2006, 08:22:50 PM

Dont worry? Well if long were making gay refs....How long has it been going to the glory hole?

komissarmakarov

Welllp, there goes my budding v/a career :rolleyes

And here I was having fun doing the Scottish accent too... :B

Mock AV

Wouldn't Glory presumably have some healing abilities, being a Paladin and all, granted it may be too late, but.... it's always nice to hope?

e_voyager

49 left? that's a lot of spare bodied then again who am i to talk as only ran out ran's me
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Taross

Quote from: Zedd on December 07, 2006, 08:34:17 PM
Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 07, 2006, 08:22:50 PM

Dont worry? Well if long were making gay refs....How long has it been going to the glory hole?

But can he jump with a spin now too?

Angel

Quote from: terrycloth on December 07, 2006, 04:00:04 PM
Quote from: Izkata on December 07, 2006, 02:25:45 PM

I think Abel's just totally lost it and frozen up, because he's not used to fighting. I really can't see him doing anything useful in the fight, regardless of whatever magic he might have learned, unless someone pushes him to snap out of it.

Which might happen.

Anyone else watch the film "Glory" in History class? Matthew Broderick did that in the very beginning, during the Battle of Antietam.

(blink) ZOMG. Glory. Bloody battle during which someone who's really pretty strong curls up and waits for it to go away. Fighting a battle during which many will probably die a horrible death.

...Now all we need is Morgan Freeman to poke Abel out of his stupor and the film reference will be complete!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Gildedtongue

Of course, he could just be feigning death until the opprotune time to nail the baddie in the forehead *sage nod*

Well, only if he's at level 20...

ShiningShadow

Quote from: thegayhare on December 07, 2006, 12:29:12 PM

after all after a couple hundred years at saia (learning everything he could) he still had to go to nurse RJ to get his damages repaired

I think you are wrong on the multiple cuts on the arm there's a artery in the arm cut a slash mark on that artery they will bleed. If you don't get to a doc and surgically attach the artery that person will die. I saw that in the episode in 24 where and enemy cut an artery of his love interest well I know this cause i looked it up in a medical book of the arteries of the arm. I think Xander is alive he's out cold I don't think Amber would do this so easy to kill him off in that manner no way that's how I see it right now.