The Belly-Up Tavern -Beware the Purple winged angel-

Started by familyghost, November 28, 2006, 08:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

"Black it is! An Ebon army for E, and a regiment of Red for myself." He switched the board accordingly, and moved a single piece forward.

"Leftmost to corner, good sir. Your move."

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: Snuggles on December 06, 2006, 01:00:16 AM
Waka nods
"I see that you are very talented."

Steps up behind the line again a fires them off again at a fast pace. The first one lands on the 19, 10, and double 14.
"not so good as the last time but still good. You know i think that just made us tie for now"

(score just so you know 192 for kitsune, 192 waka)

perhaps, for the moment. however, that is not necesaily good for you. you went first, remember? so no matter what, I'm ahead this round. *hits single, double, and tripple twenty.*
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Snuggles

"so you have been holding out on me" seeing him hit one of each 20s  "Alright my go then" steps up to the line and again fire one right after another. Hitting the tripple 15, tripple 10, and a 18.

(Kitsune 312 and Waka 285)

e_voyager

E chuckles mirroring the move knowing that in his case the piece will likely remain there for a great [portion of the game.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

(OOC: http://checkersrules.atspace.com/checkers-board-diagram.gif - Oops! Meant to say, rightmost to corner!)

Cog looks at the board, frowns, and makes an L with one hand, and traces it with the other. He looks at the board and grins sheepishly.
  "Irish Whiskey must be more powerful than I remember. I mean to say, rightmost to corner. How silly." 
  He coughs, and sets his hand in his palm as he contemplates the board for a moment.
  "Leftmost to diagonal right."

e_voyager

(sorry but as it stands i can not see the image. i keep getting redirected to a login screen for some service i never heard of this is how i was reading the first move please inform me if i was wrong. sorry aboutthe crud drawind but they were done in mspaint. i shall wih hgold my move unti i am clear as to the layout of the borad)

e stroked his chin watched the board and  considering his attack plan
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

(OOC: That's what I meant to do - here's where we are now.)

Cog watches his opponent, occasionally glancing at his still-empty glass.

e_voyager

e realized that he's already new being put on he defensive not that he was much on defense. he advanced a   checker from the middle row tho the front row.

Cogidubnus

Cog grins and moves yet another peice.

e_voyager

e pauses a moment.
"Double jumps and single space kings right? " he ask as he looks at the moves that were set up by Cog's last advance

edit. one more this is there also a penalty for failing to take an jump ?

edit E tries his move still uncertain of the set of rules in play.

Cogidubnus

(OOC: No penalty for jumps not taken, double jumps, and kings in both directions. Just like at cracker barrel)

Cog looks at the board in confusion for a moment, and taps his head with one hand.
"I knew there was a reason I usually didn't drink while playing. Eh well. The first move goes to you, sir."

He looks at the board a moment, and makes his move.

e_voyager

E smiles reassured and makes and aggressive but sacrificial play.

Cogidubnus

"Ah, so eager, E? Patience, is indeed, a virtue..." He looks at his glass. "Except, when it comes to the damn moonshine."
He doesn't take the bait, and moves a single peice.

e_voyager

e nods. he's expected such a move and his next prove would be a surprised to this opponent.
there was no need to need to rush the move when there was time to test for aggressiveness.

Cogidubnus

Cog smiles, and deftly makes a move. "Two to one, good sir. You're move"

e_voyager

E smiled. now he had a decent measure of his opponents mid game aggressiveness. Well played sir but my move remains unchanged.

Cogidubnus

"This could take a while..." Cog mumbles. "I hope Wraith gets back soon. A drink would make this game faster, if possibly compromising to my victory."

"Have fun in the corner.' Cog says as he moves a peice.

e_voyager

( opps sorry i thought i posed this a while ago)

e smiles. his opponent was having fun he gathered and so was he

Cogidubnus

Cog moves another piece, and waits for E's decision.

e_voyager

E  smiles. this was going easier then he thought. still he knew that chances son intervene with any move.

Cogidubnus

"Chess, good sir, is the game of Kings and Scholar's. Checkers is the game of the passive-agressive." Cog laughs, and moves his piece.

e_voyager

e smiles  and moves. " it makes  me wonder what you thing of go a game i have no experience at playing

Cogidubnus

"I think that if I beat you half drunk, you'll never hear the end of it." Cog moves the piece again.

e_voyager

checkers in not my game my friend but i do enjoy a good game. E smiled. What ever it's nature

Cogidubnus

"Perhaps we'll even the score with chess, sometime. And the game's not over yet," Cog says, moving a checker.

e_voyager

i'm sorry but you moved  the wrong one you grow closer to  king but you still have at least on major obstacle to you plan

Paladin Sheppard

Finishing off his Fyrewine Pal motioned for another. "And a double shot of burbon on the side thanks barkeep."

Cogidubnus

"Ah! See! You're better than you thought! And, unfortunately, I'm worse. As I said, the game's not over yet."

e_voyager

E sighed. he knew his King was trapped but he also knew that his opponent was at the dis advantage. still he could not let up intentionally. as a matter of honor when in a contest he had to give his best and checkers as he reasoned was a game of attrition. he oped the file armor and began to read slowly and he made his move.
if only world leaders could be content with such contest to settle their issues but that would be too much to hope for"

Cogidubnus

"If only, good sir. But, as a great man once said, 'The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.'," Cog sighed. "And, like another man once said, Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Hold on, boy' while you find a rock." Cog moved a piece and set his chin in his hand. "You're pretty good. Let's see what you make of this."