The Belly-Up Tavern -Beware the Purple winged angel-

Started by familyghost, November 28, 2006, 08:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

"interesting move " says e takes the jump wondering if there is anyway for Cog to turn this game around. " there are many things said about one including what one tutor once said to me. 'war is merely another stage in diplomacy' it really makes since to me but there are times when i can understand it."

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

"Also like checkers, war is sometimes the choice between the lesser of two evils. War may be a stage of diplomacy, mayhap. An odd way to see it, to me. I would agree with the bard, 'And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge, With Ate by his side come hot from hell, Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice, Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war; That this foul deed shall smell above the earth with carrion men, groaning for burial.' Cog whispers as he shakes his head. "War is hell: and well it should be. If it were not, surely, men would enjoy it entirely too much."

Cog moves a piece and waits for his opponent.

e_voyager

"there is  rarely a lesser of two evils in war as evil is entirely to subtitle to be fathomed with ease." e sighs as he makes his move " i remember Perry he hated evil and in the end he became evil it self to achieve his goals which have yet to be met last a checked." E looks at his empty cup. " you know one of the fascinating Parallels between chess and checkers is the Parallel been a war and a battle.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

"In some cases, certainly. I shall rephrase - you get a choice of despairs." He said as he moved his piece. "It would not be entirely inaccurate to say that Chess is like a war and Checkers a battle. Unfortunately, no matter how many games of checkers you win, you might never win a game of chess...heh. It is like a war then, I suppose."

e_voyager

E chuckles. How right you are. if you objective is not achieved then the war was for naught.

Cogidubnus

"True, true. Wether 'tis for money or blood, a purposeless victory can be...empty." Cog smiles as he moves yet another piece.

e_voyager

well played Cog. you used me as a shield and while i con have mealy blocked you in i would have lost position by doing so. E smiles and moves his piece as well. still i think that the different between checkers and chess is the that piece in checkers represent individual men while the piece in chess represent specialized units of soldiers.

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Cogidubnus

"This is also true. Chess is won with strategy and foresight...checkers, with tactics and cunning. I think you might be on to something." Cog said, moving yet another piece.

e_voyager

thank you. though i should tell you i tend to wonder around a bit. E smile as he remembers how he got the title voyager aster the voyager space prove and the same probe in the star trek move

Cogidubnus

"The breeze and sky are great encourager's of wanderlust. I can only imagine the desire to wander that is created by sailing the stars." Cog says as he moves a piece.

e_voyager

Cogidubnus

"I gather you are something of a robot, sir. You surprise me - I would not think a machine to be a poet....heh.  Like a poet hidden, In the light of thought, Singing hymns unbidden, Till the world is wrought: To sympathy with hopes and fears, it heeded not:." Cog moves a piece and wonders when he'll get his glass of moonshine.

e_voyager

e chuckles then smiles. i've only been a robot these last 30 years or so. before that  i was mere energy.  a massive about of energy but still only energy. and before that i was flesh and blood. a creature that is almost mythical now.
e makes his move. in total i've been alive for a little more the 30billion years. around 50 thousand them awake of which less  then 800 are in actually mortal shells that i can remember"

Cogidubnus

"30 Billion years! Good God! Perhaps you are blessed that you do not remember a fraction of them. One would go mad." Cog said as he made his move "A mere 240 sits across from you, but of course, that can't be entirely blamed on me." Cog snickered.

e_voyager

"Indeed i have several time " e moves. "the worst time was when i literary split into multiple entities" e shivved a bit still hunted by barely remembered flashes the war he waged again himself. "this  last time wasn't to bad and i found out who i was around 15 years ago." e smiled as he looked at Cog's respond. " the key to surviving as an entire like my sled is to start over form time to time. ever the universe needs to once in a while i saw the last time but i doubt if i'll live long enough to see it happen again. not like Sigmugh in xanth."  e's eyes glazed over in fond memory of his time with her. she was in every why his elder kind of like a big sister to show him the ropes of night eternal life.

Cogidubnus

"I see what you mean. Truly, is there anything more refreshing than to become new again - to just start over? I think there is not.You have lived an incredible life, and I am honored to meet you." Cog says as he moves. "May you live another Billion. Of course, with 30 billion years of experience, you'd think you could beat me at checkers a little quicker." He laughs.

e_voyager

e chuckes "as i said this is not my game and is is only a few thousd years old you know."  e moves " You are in a bad way my new friend"

Cogidubnus

"Oh? You will gain victory sir, only when I have no more options left to me. I have some room to squirm."

e_voyager

less then you may thing. pleas consider your next move
E has already played out 8 scenarios in his head and knew that the way there it  would be 2 moves before the jumps became devastating. but if Cog moved the wrong piece then the danger would be realized immediately.

Cogidubnus

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Cog says as he moves carefully.

e_voyager

e nods on the the move. he had one more move before the nature of his disaster would break on him. on my next more i jump at least on piece

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh.

Has either of you considered this:

|--|  |--|  |--|ww|--|ww|
|  |--|ww|--|ww|--|ww|--|
|--|  |--|ww|--|  |--|ww|
|bb|--|ww|--|  |--|bb|--|
|--|  |--|WK|--|bb|--|bb|
|  |--|  |--|  |--|bb|--|
|--|  |--|  |--|bb|--|  |
|WK|--|WK|--|  |--|  |--|

... slightly less verbose. But that's just me...

...*sips tea, and watches the game, snickering quietly to himself every so often, very very quietly soas not to disturb the players*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

i did consider shrinking the size a bit more but that has the same problem as giving verbal directions. it is too easy to make mistakes  and it does not lend it's self to the 64 square pattern. it is too easy to get confused while typing it.

Cogidubnus

"I do apologize if we're being distracting good sir. I promise that will stop, if ever I get that glass of white lightning." Cog says, tipping his hat.
"And, it would appear that you do have me in a bad way. One can only do ones best - what more is there?" Cog says, moving a piece dejectedly.

e_voyager

e smiled impressed by his opponent gracious manners. "you sir are a gentleman" e makes his move.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, no complaints. I was merely offering suggestions... Whilst trying to avoid offering suggestions about the gameplay, if you see my meaning.

Please, take no notice of me at all..

*goes back to drinking his tea, which has gone half-cold by now*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

"I might have but once chance left..." Cog says, moving a single piece carefully. "Like I said, E, one must sometimes choose a lesser of two despairs."

e_voyager

if i were to take a sing just yes but at this point you have not the forces to force a break in my defence.

he nods to the stranger. No harm done friend. if you wish we can reduce the size of the game to thumbnails when we are done.

Cogidubnus

Cog is silent and carefully moves one piece.