The Belly-Up Tavern -Beware the Purple winged angel-

Started by familyghost, November 28, 2006, 08:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

familyghost

"Ah, welcome to the Belly-Up Tavern, I'm afraid we aren't quite open yet..." A brown hooded ghost with smiling yellow eyes greeted the shrouded form before him.

"Hi Spaz." The light and airy voice said back.  "Sorry I'm late, it's pooring outside."

"Oh, Angela, I didn't recognize you under all that..." Spaz stopped before he spoke to much.

"All that what?  Is my makeup running again?" Angela growled as she threw off he jacket and tossed it over the bar where a green hooded ghost caught it as non-chalantly as a librarian would pick up a book.  The lack of a jacket revealed however, her two most unique assets; purple wings.

"You're late." The green hooded ghost stated in a manner that expressed his boredom in an almost palatable state.

"I know Wraith, I just apologized to Spaz for being late!" Angela growled.

"You're running even later as you stand here dripping on the floor which will need to be mopped as soon as you're on duty." Wraith smiled evily from behind his bar.

"You are the single most evily entity I have ever encountered and I fought Lucifer!" Angela screamed as she stormed off to the back room.

"It's good to have sub-ordinates." Wraith's smile grew even bigger.

"Wraith, will you please try to keep things civil with Angela tonight?" Spaz groaned, "Please."

Wraith gave his long time friend the look of a deer in a bear trap.  "I'm shocked you'd think I'd do otherwise."  The look faded to an evil smile. 

"Oh god, I better keep the emergency room on speed dial tonight." Spaz groaned.

"And the morgue." Wraith added with a hint of playful malice.  "Now where's Cardinal?"

"He's out attending to the night club.  Remember, you put him in charge over there after that debacle with the Scottish Ambassador." It was Spaz's turn to smile as Wraith flinched inwardly.

"Oh yeah..." Wraith grunted.  "Where's Shade then, we're about to open for the night."

"At his post." Spaz pointed to the front door where an inexplicable shadow formed against the wall; the shadow of a large body builder.

"Great then we're all set for tonight." Wraith smiled as he pulled out a stylized dagger and began to cut limes and lemons from a bowl to his right.

"Yes we are." Spaz smiled.  "So long as you remain civil with Angela."

"Just go unlock the door." Wraith glared at his friend and business partner.

======

So now it falls to you brave adventures (and possible drunkards) will you enter this taver owned and operated by a force of evil?  How will you interact wit the denizens here with in?  And...

Wraith: Hey, you shut up you're scaring away the customers!

But I'm the narrator.

Wraith: You're really freaking annoying too!  Now go away so these people can drown their sorrows in beer and my wallet in money.

You really are evil.

Wraith: Less talk more vamoosing.

====
Addition:

Please describe yourself as you enter.  This is a social RP topic.  NRPG style, sorry for not mentiong that.

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

bill

familyghost

OOC:

Quote from: Azlan on November 28, 2006, 09:42:27 PM
I thought this place was in Solana Beach...

It's a completely original tavern for my characters.  Hang out have fun, solve some mysteries and get to know them.  Of course I don't doubt a real tavern has this name, but this is fictional.

Quote from: BillBuckner on November 28, 2006, 09:43:29 PM
(ooc)

Uh, are the pretty colors necessary?  :<

Nope, I use them to help me keep track of which of my characters are speaking, but you don't have to use them.

And now I log off for the night.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*sidles in*

"Er.. I don't suppose I could get a cup of tea? Earl Grey, by preference..."

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

familyghost

For a brief second Wraith could only stare at the newcomer, thankfully though his desire to make money overrode his other "nasty habits" and he silently walked into the back, retrieved a steaming tea kettle and poured it into a cup.  He then the reached under the counter and pulled out a tea bag and plopped it on the counter. 

"It's all we have, take it or leave it." Wraith stared at the newcomer  as if the newcomer were an escaped lunatic.

Snuggles

*moves in behind llearch n'n'daCorna*
"Hello, what can i to drink here?"

familyghost

Quote from: Snuggles on November 29, 2006, 06:44:06 PM
*moves in behind llearch n'n'daCorna*
"Hello, what can i to drink here?"

Before Wraith could respond with his usual bitting remarks of which usually left customers in a quivering pile of fear, Spaz interupted.

"Well, we have many things to order hear from soda to local brews and exotic brews and even wines and champagnes." Spaz's eyes lit up with a friendly smile as he lead the second new comer away from the bar.  "Please be aware though, we require ID for all aclholic beverages and you must be undead or immortal to sample the Styx wine collections."

Stygian

The front door swung open. A somewhat tall, powerfully but leanly built male, clearly a bat from the look of his ears and the fangs, came in, snubbing out a cigarette between his fingers. He eyed the place for a second, and his pointed muzzle twitched along with his ears for a brief moment. He then arched over his head again like he had when he came in and stepped into the bar.
   The thump of his boots was deep but rather silent as he slowly walked in and sat down on one of the stools. He hung off his thick, studded overcoat of some fashion you had not seen before and ruffled out the rain from his mane of blonde hair that blended in with his backfur before settling. Under the coat he wore only black wrappings across his lower stomach and his arms, which he hung over the desk while settling his chin on it. He then tapped the desk with a claw and spoke up in a deep, coarse voice.
   "A Jack on the rocks. And leave the bottle out."

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Thankyou."

With aplomb, llearch places the teabg in the cup to brew for a moment, then raises an eyebrow at the bartender. "I don't suppose there is a spot of milk to go with that?"

He stands peacefully, waiting for the bartender to get back to him, alternately watching his cup of tea brew, and the other folk moving about.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Snuggles

"How much for the Styx wine collections because that sounds good?"

familyghost

Quote from: Stygian on November 29, 2006, 06:51:56 PM
The front door swung open. A somewhat tall, powerfully but leanly built male, clearly a bat from the look of his ears and the fangs, came in, snubbing out a cigarette between his fingers. He eyed the place for a second, and his pointed muzzle twitched along with his ears for a brief moment. He then arched over his head again like he had when he came in and stepped into the bar.
   The thump of his boots was deep but rather silent as he slowly walked in and sat down on one of the stools. He hung off his thick, studded overcoat of some fashion you had not seen before and ruffled out the rain from his mane of blonde hair that blended in with his backfur before settling. Under the coat he wore only black wrappings across his lower stomach and his arms, which he hung over the desk while settling his chin on it. He then tapped the desk with a claw and spoke up in a deep, coarse voice.
   "A Jack on the rocks. And leave the bottle out."
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 29, 2006, 06:54:08 PM
"Thankyou."

With aplomb, llearch places the teabg in the cup to brew for a moment, then raises an eyebrow at the bartender. "I don't suppose there is a spot of milk to go with that?"

He stands peacefully, waiting for the bartender to get back to him, alternately watching his cup of tea brew, and the other folk moving about.

Quote from: Snuggles on November 29, 2006, 06:58:03 PM
"How much for the Styx wine collections because that sounds good?"
OOC: I carry encounters over Stygian.

Wraith eyed Stygian carefully as he walked in.  Shade too had noticed and moved to intercept the creature, but a look from wraith froze the living shadow.  When Stygian sat down and ordered the drink Wraith gladly provided the service and did leave the bottle out, but gave a warning.

"Don't get tempermental in here.  This is MY place and I like it in one piece." Wraith grunted.  "The last thing I need is a fight breaking out, ok."  He then motioned for Angela who had just come out from the rear of the tavern.  "Get this... uh... whatever it is some milk for its tea."   Angela let out a low growl as she stombped back into the rear, this provoked a smile from Wraith.

At the tables Spaz was patiently waiting on the second newcomer.  "Well first things first; are you undead or immortal?"

familyghost

Quote from: Snuggles on November 29, 2006, 07:15:37 PM
"Immortal,... Why?"

Spaz brsitled with excitement as he spoke.  "The Styx collection comes from a single small vineyard right on the river Styx.  As the river is an entrence way to the land of the dead anything grown from it's waters are either lethal or only edible  by the dead or undead.  Immortals may also consume this wine, but we advise against it.  As a side note it's $500 a bottle and we don't give out half-bottles."

Stygian

Stygian looked up at Shade, his eyes piercing under his blonde hair. Did he...? No. He clearly recognized him, but that was all. And he had been around too much to remember. He just hoped that he hadn't killed anyone close to the creature. After all, one could never follow the tangled webs of events very far.
   So Stygian just made his best smile, his eyes settling to normal, and made a slight nod to the bartender. He took a small sip from the smoky whiskey, finding it just to his tastes, and then eyed Snuggles.
   "No need to worry. I'm interested in what the kid here will do though," he said when he heard the felid's request.

"Fates befall those who brave the darkness of Styx," he then spoke, and shifted his right arm slightly as he changed position to look closer at Snuggles. A rather intricate black and red tattoo snaked up what one could see of that arm, back and shoulder and slightly up the right side of his neck. "But if you'll dare taste it, I'd share a glass with you... as well as the full expense. After all, there are a few souls who have survived..."

Miaka

the door opened slowly, and then, with a quiet thud, shut. A much smaller figure than the previous entered, covered with an unremarkable brown cloak with a large hood, covering the newcomer's face. the figure shook off some of the moisture rom the cloak, before a pair of pure white furred hands draw back the hood, showing a rather pretty feminine face, with very strangely colored(or, rather, strangely not) colored eyes looking about at the others there timidly. her face was framed by ice blue bangs, which were shown, as she unhooked the cloak and hung it up, to be tied back in a braid to her midback. Said removal of the cloak also revealed her to be a squirrel, as the large tail- white, with a blue stripe the same shade as her hair down the center- curled up into it's normal position. She wore a blue-tinted armor breastplate, though no other peices of armor outside of black leather bracers. a light blue sash adorns her waist, and she wears indigo-colored long pants, and goes barefoot.

Without a word, the squirrel made her way to the bar and sat, quiet.

Snuggles

"Well at 500 a bottle i will buy just one for today and i will buy any drink she gets." Looking at her.

familyghost

Quote from: Stygian on November 29, 2006, 07:21:45 PM
Stygian looked up at Shade, his eyes piercing under his blonde hair. Did he...? No. He clearly recognized him, but that was all. And he had been around too much to remember. He just hoped that he hadn't killed anyone close to the creature. After all, one could never follow the tangled webs of events very far.
So Stygian just made his best smile, his eyes settling to normal, and made a slight nod to the bartender. He took a small sip from the smoky whiskey, finding it just to his tastes, and then eyed Snuggles.
"No need to worry. I'm interested in what the kid here will do though," he said when he heard the felid's request.

"Fates befall those who brave the darkness of Styx," he then spoke, and shifted his right arm slightly as he changed position to look closer at Snuggles. A rather intricate black and red tattoo snaked up what one could see of that arm, back and shoulder and slightly up the right side of his neck. "But if you'll dare taste it, I'd share a glass with you... as well as the full expense. After all, there are a few souls who have survived..."

Quote from: Miaka on November 29, 2006, 07:22:17 PM
the door opened slowly, and then, with a quiet thud, shut. A much smaller figure than the previous entered, covered with an unremarkable brown cloak with a large hood, covering the newcomer's face. the figure shook off some of the moisture rom the cloak, before a pair of pure white furred hands draw back the hood, showing a rather pretty feminine face, with very strangely colored(or, rather, strangely not) colored eyes looking about at the others there timidly. her face was framed by ice blue bangs, which were shown, as she unhooked the cloak and hung it up, to be tied back in a braid to her midback. Said removal of the cloak also revealed her to be a squirrel, as the large tail- white, with a blue stripe the same shade as her hair down the center- curled up into it's normal position. She wore a blue-tinted armor breastplate, though no other peices of armor outside of black leather bracers. a light blue sash adorns her waist, and she wears indigo-colored long pants, and goes barefoot.

Without a word, the squirrel made her way to the bar and sat, quiet.

Quote from: Snuggles on November 29, 2006, 07:27:11 PM
"Well at 500 a bottle i will buy just one for today and i will buy any drink she gets." Looking at her.

Wraith nodded towards the female squirrel and served up a complimentry glass of water.   "When you're ready."  He kept his gaze on Stygian as pulled out a glowing wine bottle from under the bar.  "It is expensive, but if you're going to tempt fate we are going to require you to sign these waivers..."  Wraith reached under the bar and pulled out two simple forms and two needle, "Per the usual demonic slash evil ink type of your own blood."

Miaka

Miaka glanced around, hearing a 'she' and trying to see if there were any other 'she' that he may have been reffering to. Seeing that there weren't, she shot him a small smile.
"Sir is very generous"

Snuggles

Starts at the two simple forms and two needle and he looks at the paper and looking over them for a "sell your soul" or something in kind and at the sound of Miaka he looks up at her. "it is nothing" then looks back down.

familyghost

Quote from: Snuggles on November 29, 2006, 07:36:49 PM
Starts at the two simple forms and two needle and he looks at the paper and looking over them for a "sell your soul" or something in kind and at the sound of Miaka he looks up at her. "it is nothing" then looks back down.

Spaz was looking over the newcomer's shoulder and read the paper quickly.  "You needn't fear, it's just a waiver stating we warned you and aren't responsible for any death, loss of limb, tentacle or other extremities."

At the mention of tentacles Wraith gave Spaz and odd look.  "It doesn't say that."

"It does." Spaz sighed. "After the Elder God family did not heed our warning I had Cardinal write up a new waiver." 

Wraith was speechless.

Miaka

She looked up at Spaz, making up her mind on what to get.
"Excuse me? Could I just have some wine? Don't care what kind so long as it won't break this man's wallet" She motions to snuggles(which I doubt is his name, but whatever) she requests, tucking a strand of stray hair behind an ear.

Stygian

Stygian simply took the form, scanned it as his eyes glowed for a fraction of a second, then bit his thumb and drew a long, sharp claw in it, writing his name in a hard, spindly script.
   "There. That should cover it. I'm not worried about tentacles since september though," he said, and handed the form over.

Kitsune Ascendant

[as you look out the window, you see a tall, beautiful white-furred kitsune approach the tavern. she has nine tails, and here eyes are a dark emerald. she is currently in her humanoid form, retaining digitgrade legs with paws for feet but substituting fur-covered hands for the front paws. with ten tails, it is obvious she is rather unuique, and has lived for several milenia. she steps into the tavern, clearly unafraid of anyone or anything. she takes a place on an empty stool next to the bar.]

I do hope you carry the finer drinks kitsune are famous for. I'm particularly interested in a wine known as foxshadow. also, those styx wines sound intruiging.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Snuggles

"Well ok i haven't heard of anything that could kill me yet and the name is Waka." Signing the paper where he needs too.

familyghost

Quote from: Miaka on November 29, 2006, 07:43:03 PM
She looked up at Spaz, making up her mind on what to get.
"Excuse me? Could I just have some wine? Don't care what kind so long as it won't break this man's wallet" She motions to snuggles(which I doubt is his name, but whatever) she requests, tucking a strand of stray hair behind an ear.

Quote from: Stygian on November 29, 2006, 07:45:36 PM
Stygian simply took the form, scanned it as his eyes glowed for a fraction of a second, then bit his thumb and drew a long, sharp claw in it, writing his name in a hard, spindly script.
"There. That should cover it. I'm not worried about tentacles since september though," he said, and handed the form over.

Quote from: Snuggles on November 29, 2006, 07:48:41 PM
"Well ok i haven't heard of anything that could kill me yet and the name is Waka." Signing the paper where he needs too.

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on November 29, 2006, 07:46:41 PM
[as you look out the window, you see a tall, beautiful white-furred kitsune approach the tavern. she has nine tails, and here eyes are a dark emerald. she is currently in her humanoid form, retaining digitgrade legs with paws for feet but substituting fur-covered hands for the front paws. with ten tails, it is obvious she is rather unuique, and has lived for several milenia. she steps into the tavern, clearly unafraid of anyone or anything. she takes a place on an empty stool next to the bar.]

I do hope you carry the finer drinks kitsune are famous for. I'm particularly interested in a wine known as foxshadow. also, those styx wines sound intruiging.

Without even making a concious effort Wraith was back behind the bar searching for a cheap, but tasteful wine.  "This looks good..."  Wraith pulled out a sparkling white wine and poured the squirrel a small glass and then pooured himself a a shot and quickly downed it through the darkness of his good.  "Oh yeah... that's the cheap stufff..."  He winced as he set the bottle aside and began to open the Styx Wine.

"Wraith!" Spaz slapped Wraith's invisible hand with his own invisible hand.  "Wait for the second party to decide.  "Remember what happened witht he Senator."

"You mean the random stabbing I gave him after I spilled a winde he didn't order or the spilling of wine he didn't order?" Wraith remembered the incedent fondly.

"Both." Spaz gave his friend a hard look as Waka signed the paper and handed it over.  "Ok, go ahead."

"You really have a stick up there tonight, you know that right?" Wraith snorted as popped the cork and poured to tall glasses where the clear white wine turned black and swirled red.  "Enjoy."  Wraith then turned his attention back to the bar and the latest newcomer. "Foxshadow?  Give me minute to look."  At that moment Angela came back to the fron with the milk and set it next to the unknown customer.  "Angie..." Wraith smiled cruelly.  "See if we have some Fox... " 

Angela threw a bottle straight at Wraith's head and it passed through like a ball threw a cloud.  "I saw her coming and figured she'd like some."    Angela glared at her employeer, who was for once completely surprised by her violent actions.  "Now if you'll excuse me I have tables to get ready." 

Wraith simply picked up the exotic drink and poured it in a glass for the kitsune.  "Well she's starting early tonight."

Snuggles

Waiting for the drink "So where do you come from and what is your name... if i may ask" Turning his attention to Miaka

Miaka

Miaka raised the cup to her lips, took a sip, and set it back down for the time being, running a finger along the rim of the cup, occaisionally lifting it.
"thank you." She nodded to the bartender.
Once, her hand left her cup to stretch backwards, and then readjust her breastplate before muttering to herself "I don't know why I bother with this armor when I'm not out.... i's so uncomfortable..."

[edited] "hm? Oh! My name's Miaka. I'm from.... well... around, really. I've moved around so much where I'm from is pretty muddled." she laughed.
"what about you, Waka?"

Stygian

The slight mood between the bartenders did not pass Stygian by, but he simply did not mind and kept up his Jack, finishing it rather quickly. He sat staring into the thick-bottomed wiskey glass and peered at the ice cubes in it, thinking of old events while waiting for this supposedly deadly wine.

The others were starting up a conversation though, and he couldn't easily be left out. But he wasn't the type to be that direct.
   "Well, coming prepared is always a good point. Though I've never found armor to be of any real use. I don't deal in those kinds of battles often," he said, and turned with a slight smile against them. "It gets so damn old."

Kitsune Ascendant

heh. I see I came to the right place. *sips* good drinks. well, the foxshadow's good. can't really comment on the other stuff, seeing as I haven't had any yet. looks like this is going to be aan interesting night.

*hearing miaka complain about the breastplate, she turns*

I do know a few basic spells to make armor more comfortable, if it becomes too bothersome. *smiles softly*
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!