Does anyone else really really enjoy the rain?

Started by God Tweeter, November 28, 2006, 07:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: King Of Hearts on November 30, 2006, 12:59:48 AM
Im ABOUT to hate the rain, around afternoon tommorow, a THIRD super typhoon is gonna hit me this year.

I just hope it doesn't take out the powerlines and leave me in the dark for 4 days like the last time.

Looks like it did.  I notice Ink hasn't logged in since about Friday noon GMT either.  Hope they're both okay.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shadrok

I like the rain when it's a light rain as for when it's down pouring, only if I'm not going inside where it's air conditioned. Thunder storms on the other hand I don't like at all inside or out.

As for King of hearts and Ink lets hope their ok.

Manawolf

I'm a bit of a gloom man myself.  Keeps the sun off my neck.

hiro1112

I think I prefer a violent storm to just rain. Just rain tends to get depressing sometimes.

vulpesweasel

I LOVE rain. People call me depressing for that. No matter how rainy or how big the raindrops, i lvoe it. I actually prefer it over a sunny day to be true. It's calming and helps  relieve stress...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Knight on December 03, 2006, 04:28:08 PM
I hate to point this out, but...

On the DMFA Frappr map, King stuck his pin in Manila, so I'm hoping he's escaped relatively unscathed.  I have no idea where Ink lives, though.

Dakata

thegayhare

the rain is too cold here

It's a misery rain most of the time,even in summer the rain here is rarely pleasent... just a shade warmer then ice.

but most of the time it doesn't bother me

this time of year is the worste when the rain is still trying to make up it's mind on weither to be snow or not

How ever the rain was one of the only things I liked when I lived in goergia

we had a big covered poarch with a porch swing,  we'd sit and watch the rain for hours,  thinder storms were frequent too and tha was always fun to watch,  and it wasn't to cold,  that was a nice rain t walk in.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dakata on December 03, 2006, 08:53:49 PM
Eep. I hope KOH and Ink are okay.

Since King is now posting and Ink appears to have logged in last night, it looks like they're both accounted for.

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 04, 2006, 05:57:58 AM
Quote from: Dakata on December 03, 2006, 08:53:49 PM
Eep. I hope KOH and Ink are okay.

Since King is now posting and Ink appears to have logged in last night, it looks like they're both accounted for.

It good that they're ok. c:

Quote from: thegayhare on December 03, 2006, 11:14:24 PM

How ever the rain was one of the only things I liked when I lived in goergia

we had a big covered poarch with a porch swing,  we'd sit and watch the rain for hours,  thinder storms were frequent too and tha was always fun to watch,  and it wasn't to cold,  that was a nice rain t walk in.

Thats part of the reason I say I like the rain, and Georgia does have frequent Thunder storms but I think part of the reason I don't like them is three things.

1. The whole Boom Shacka Lacka. (aka lightning)
2. Having to get off my computer due to said lightning.
3. And the fact that I tend to think of tornadoes when it lightnings.

But when theres no lightning and it comes down light it is nice. :grin

Some of my most loved memories are of when I would spend the summer with my greatgrand parents on their farm and how some nights I could hear the rain hitting the tin roof. :3

King Of Hearts

Yep. We're fine, thanks for the sentiment.

The night before the storm took a more southern path missing Manila by quite a bit. We were all scared here especially what happned during the last typhoon which was a direct hit. Barely rained and the wind wasnt that strong... thank godness for that. But because of the storm signal I got a fre day off.

The province of Albay got totalled though... man, they are really taking a pounding, three typhoons, a volcanic erruption, and a mudslide.