Clockwork Mansion Forums Convention!

Started by God-Beast, November 23, 2006, 02:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we have an E-Convention?

Yes, sure; when?
6 (42.9%)
Yes...But let's wait till we have more forumites!
1 (7.1%)
I don't know if that's a good idea...
2 (14.3%)
Maybe not, i think i wouldn't participate...
2 (14.3%)
Hell no!
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

God-Beast

Like E-3 or any other kind of convention but online (of course for obvious reasons).

We could set a date and time and meet at MSN or any other program (we could vote the program to use too) or even meet at a chat room (empty one of course).

What do you guys think?I am talking to the guys of the DMFA too 'cause i barely talk to you guys but i want everyone present!
We could have games, online games, special topics, trade phone numbers, adresses for letters, sell t-shirts (Darkmoon could make them)...

I know we can have everything here, but it would be a (THE) EVENT i think it would be cool to have a special something for us...
So, let's vote please, and i am calling all mods and Dama and Dark here to discuss this...mmk? ;)

Vote and post an idea!!!!!!! :eager

Aridas

There wouldn't be much of a point in an online convention. We're all here already.

lucas marcone

what would be realy great is if we could all mee in real life somewhere......it would have to be on a school holiday to get everyone though.
:kirby :ipod

Aisha deCabre

It sounds like an interesting idea, although I dunno how it's even going to start...  :mowtongue
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Suwako

Sure although I'm sure that there is another place to meet te people here. Most of the people here have messenging programs though. I personally dislike MSN (However when asked in a PM we could discuss about a specified time for me to access my MSN :-3 though I am almost always available on AIM and ICQ (AIMs best tho since ICQ sometimes go's 'yellow' on me.)

I'm usually not that active though. However many people I know disagree with me on that  :<

Zedd

Stygian

You know, there's already a sub-section for actual meetings, but that's going to take place in the bloody States. And for thus of us who live in, oh, let's say a cold corner of northern Europe, and have little time to spare for traveling, an online meeting would be very nice. At least we'd get to speak to people more "in person" then.

Zorro

Normally the ONLY way these things work is to make it meeting or a meal at a large convention that you will be at anyway.

Something like the Spindizzy Dinner at Further Confusion two years ago.

RJ

Nikki

Quote from: RJ on November 23, 2006, 09:40:11 PM
:< Stop reminding me of my isolation!
oh don't worry RJ...i'll be tracking you down in January  :mwaha

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

RJ

LionHeart

You do realise that Australia is a big place, don't you? :mowwink

And we are fairly scattered all over it...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Tapewolf

Since a certain forumite threw a conniption fit when I guessed what Country he was in, I highly doubt you'd get his phone number.  Or mine, for that matter - heck, I only summoned courage to use the TeamSpeak chat once, and even if that wasn't a problem, there's too much chance someone would forget what they're doing and ring it at 3am on a workday. 

Given that most people seem to be in the US, Canada or other parts of America a physical meet-up is hard and very expensive for those of us who aren't, and even those who are - Gabi for example.  My main aim in going to AC if I can afford it after my move is for this reason, in fact, rather than because I'm a die-hard furry.

While an alternative communications network besides the forum is handy, an electronic forum-meet seems to be little different from the forum itself :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Not sure. Like JP said, an online chat wouldn'tbe very different from the forum itself. And most people are not likely to give their phone numbers. Would you really make so many long distance phone calls anyway?

That, and my GAIM seems to choke on all chats other than IRC.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

God-Beast

i guess my main goal is to have EVERYONE present at the same time...
about phone calls or even trips, i don't see a problem in that (not i am rich or anything) it's just a matter of opinion... (in Brazil travelling outside might be even cheaper than travelling inside).

If someone REALLY makes an attempt to make a convention and warn everyone really before i guess i could make it...i guess everyone here could make, just save some money till there...i love to travel you know, and meeting different cultures and speaking another language (although my english mostly sucks hell) i love to grab the backpack and hit the road for new places, new friends, new possibilities, new adventures........ :cool

Gabi

Well, many of us are meeting at AC '07. You could try to go there too.

Not everyone has that much money, I'm having a hard time saving up for it (and I really appreciate the help I'm getting), but I trust that I'll make it.

Gabi

Early July. You can find some related topics on this subforum.

God-Beast

Oh, cool, July i am almost sure i can make it! :) awesome!

lucas marcone

well i wish i could go, but money itsnt one of the things i have much of....even if it is i couldnt find anyone to take me anywhere(yes, a 17 year old with out a lisense 'A'). so i guess ill miss this one. godspeed to those of you who are set on going though.

Gabi

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Stygian

Yeh, but I can't help but read "GodBeast'sonspeed".

LionHeart

How would you measure the speed of a god, anyway?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Aridas

I don't know, but I'd say it'd be pretty damn fast if we're talking about Hermes.

Knight

Why do I get the feeling it would be something like this?:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=cDtpQnlaNps

Zedd

Kasarn

Quote from: Zedd on November 30, 2006, 02:23:37 AM
Umm no...Not totaly

It's clearly missing the vital elements of every convention... sweaty palms and con crud :U

Aridas

Somehow that video makes less fun of the people in it than it should.

Gabi