The song of your life?

Started by LigerJet, October 24, 2006, 12:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Damaris

For a long time Sarah Mclachlan's Full of Grace was mine.  I don't know that it applies any more.  However, nothing else has truly jumped out at me as the "right" song.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

TheGreyRonin

Well, Duran Duran's "Ordinary World" describes me pretty well.

"World I Know" by Counting Crows sums up how I see the world.

So I walked up on high
And I stepped to the edge
To see my world below

And I laughed to myself
As the tears rolled down
Cause it's the world I know
It's the world I know

Stygian

The song that most assuredly fits me is pretty much Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams. And I hate it! It sounds so bloody pretentious! I want to be raging and violent and without a bloody care for anything, least of all myself!

Therefore, I'll submit another song that is a bit more of me in action (training, fighting or on a motorcycle...). Disturbed - Meaning of Life

I wanna get psycho,
Run you little bitch,
I want your power glowing, juicy flowing, red hot, meaning of life.
It's not enough to have a little taste,
I want the whole damn thing an' now,
Can you dig it?

grayvn

I haven't found a real 'song of my life' so far, but I'll try searching my audio archives...

These songs get at least close describing (parts of) me:
Lamb - Bonfire
Ed Bruce - Mammas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys

The following songs describe more or less my year of 2006 so far:
Sonata Arctica - Wolf and Raven
Nine Inch Nails' Pig
Cannibal Corpse's Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead

Alondro

I don't think any song can really capture my essence.  There are those that fit some aspects here and there, but it's simply not possible for one song to capture every nuance of me.  Why do you think I have three characters?  Each is a small splinter of one piece of my character.  And even they don't convey more than a fraction of myself.  I have a list of those that capture fairly well my various emotional states of being, but as for any that really represent me as a whole, there aren't any.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Vaguely Creepy

Most of the time, I'd have to say Falling for the First Time by Barenaked Ladies. The main lyrics seem to capture all of the contradictions and exaggerations that exist between my beliefs and my actions, while the chorus and upbeat tempo still signify the hope and good things and good possibilities in life.

I'm so cool, too bad I'm a loser.
I'm so smart, too bad I can't get anything figured out.
I'm so brave, too bad I'm a baby.
I'm so fly, that's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time.

Chorus:

Anyone perfect must be lying,
Anything easy has its cost.
Anyone plain can be lovely,
Anyone loved can be lost.
What if I lost my direction?
What if I lost sense of time?
What if I nursed this infection?
Maybe the worst is behind.
It feels just like I'm falling for the first time.

However, there comes an occasional flash of absurdity that changes my opinion severly, and the song switches over to "Weird Al" Yankovic's Everything You Know is Wrong. I see all of the absurdity in my and everyone else's actions, and I suddenly find it all so funny that I just start laughing and giggling like a nutjob. Of course, that doesn't mean I turn emo and start thinking nothing matters. There are still things that matter. I just laugh at the things that don't matter, like overly worrying about others' opinions or following procedure even though it ends up being harmful. I see how much of that stuff is present in everything everyone (including myself) does, and I just find it funny.

Everything you know is wrong.
Black is white, up is down, and short is long,
And everything you used to think was so important doesn't really matter anymore because the simple fact remains that
Just forget the words and sing along.
All you need to understand is:

Also, because it's silly. :P

Hilary

The Weepies - World Spins Madly On.

This is how I've been feeling lately. Everyone is so concerned with themselves, the world, and what's going on, and all I want to do is sit there.

I let the day go by
I always say goodbye
I watch the stars
from my window sill
The whole world is moving,
and I'm standing still...

King Of Hearts

"Dare to Be Stupid" by Weird Al.

Zina

Kitsune Ascendant

overall, my theme song is as varried as my tastes in music.

however, it seems to be gravitating to "somewhere I belong" frequently.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

vulpesweasel

hmmm that's a tough one...probably Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green day

xHaZxMaTx

Muse / Origin of Symmetry / Feeling Good

I'm anything but optimistic (I'm just realistic), but my self-esteem is indestructable. :)

Imperial fox

Which life? :D
well for me its hard to say... theres diffrent songs for diffrent things.
one that kinda fits the majority is "come with me"

aha yeah
aha yeah
aha yeah

yeah
hear my cries hear my call's give me your ears
see my fall see my error know my faults time halts see my loss
know im lacking backtracking where i met you
pistol packing itchy finger trigger happy try to trap me
be in rap while you tap me back stab me
break the fathe for a race
tell me lies time flies close your eyes come with me
come with me
yeah come with me
you said to trust you you never heard me now i'm disgusted its been ajusted certainly you fooled me ridiculed me left me hangen now $#!+$ boomerangen right back atchya...

and thats as far as i can remember
the others "staring at the sun"-the offspring "kids arn't alright"-the offspring "the hell song"-sum 41 "All alone"-Gorillaz
a few others as well

MojoTheMonkeyNG

Just-Radiohead. Because everything I do, I do it to myself.

Though it wouldn't be the song of my life, my favorite song is the sky is a landfill-Jeff Buckley.